Rumor: Daley wants out?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yzerman needs to figure out what else to package with Daley and AA to land this kid from Pittsburgh:

Calen Addison

Daley would return via depth insurance as a 7D, and AA has the ceiling to be the speedy winger the Pens want. But Detroit would likely have to boost the offer a bit, with how well Addison is developing.

Reactions: SirloinUB

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Really? Many of us thought Kronwall would have had no interest.

Someone offered a pick for him.

We thought nobody would be interested in Vanek after minimal interest the previous 2 years and dog**** defensive play, Detroit was still offered a pick.

Both players declined to be traded.

I think you’re confused. you are agreeing with me.

Reactions: Gniwder

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I'm trying to remember what the consensus among Wings fans was on Jensen's value last year between them going into the season thinking he was garbage that would clear waivers and eventually pulling a 2nd and Bowey at the deadline.

IIRC, Smith was worth a 3rd and possibly but unlikely a late 2nd, then he pulled a 2nd and 3rd at the deadline.

exactly

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
One of the worst defenders on a terrible team feels entitled to a trade to a Cup Contender.

Don’t let the door hit ya.

I kinda thought that too. "Who even are you" came to my mind with the trade demand, let alone to a cup contender. Did he actually say that lol?

At any rate, I would be happy to get anything for him, a conditional 7th even if we retain. Anyone that is not part of the core and wants out, send them. I just hope Yzerman doesn't put another veteran plug in his place.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
If you can get a 5th, 6th or even a 7th, why not?

The most interesting thing here is that a Red Wing has told the media he wants out.

I thought that was pretty odd too. As much as it’s known Stevie plays things close to the chest.

Maybe they haven’t been happy with his play themselves as much as we have and this is a public tar and feathering? Haha that’s a pretty wild conspiracy but a funny one at least. Probably just helps Stevie get it out there that he’s available .

Reactions: MBH

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Try reading again.

Fans - 0 value to Vanek/Kronwall
NHL GMs - I want a Vanek/Kronwall at deadline.
Players - **** no I ain't leaving

right. That’s exactly what I’m saying. So congrats on being a douche for no reason. Makes you look like a real neat guy.

Reactions: Syckle78

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
One of the worst defenders on a terrible team feels entitled to a trade to a Cup Contender.

Don’t let the door hit ya.
There’s nothing about what has been released that implies he’s entitled or is even being demanding/disrespectful. All we know from that tweet is that he’d like to be moved.

I’d like to date Hannah Palmer and would if I was single and somehow lucky enough to have the chance. Does saying that truth mean I’m “entitled”?

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
right. That’s exactly what I’m saying. So congrats on being a *****e for no reason. Makes you look like a real neat guy.
So how is Wings fan valuing Kronwall/Vanek at 0, proving your point of fans always overvaluing what they have?

The fact NHL GM offered trades for them is the opposite of your claim.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
There’s nothing about what has been released that implies he’s entitled or is even being demanding/disrespectful. All we know from that tweet is that he’d like to be moved.

I’d like to date Hannah Palmer and would if I was single and somehow lucky enough to have the chance. Does saying that truth mean I’m “entitled”?

Yeah, I don't see the big deal. The wording doesn't even say that Daley is demanding a trade but that he will be looking to sign somewhere else this summer. I don't know if Yzerman would look at daley as a one year stop gap signing or not, but it's an upright move by Daley to let Yzerman know where he stands.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
So how is Wings fan valuing Kronwall/Vanek at 0, proving your point of fans always overvaluing what they have?

The fact NHL GM offered trades for them is the opposite of your claim.

I should reword.

obviously no one in this fan base is “overvaluing” Daley. What I meant to say is fans tend towards the extremes.

we overvalue the good and undervalue the very bad, because we are emotional.

So what I’m saying is I hate trevor Daley. I would give a months salary to my worst enemy just to not watch him play hockey again. My first instinct is we couldn’t get a puck for the guy.

hearing numerous penguins fans say they would give up a 5 th for him, makes me realize I’m probably undervaluing him. Because as fans, they are likely OVERvaluing their asset. (The draft pick)

anytime I hear a trade offer from a fan. They are almost ALWAYS winning that trade. Which does not reflect reality.

so I wager if the over valued expectations of a pens fan is to give up a 5th. Their gem likely finds Daley having MORE value than that. And the (imo very surprising) conclusion that brings me to, is he likely lands a 3rd or 4th.

in essence we agree.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, I don't see the big deal. The wording doesn't even say that Daley is demanding a trade but that he will be looking to sign somewhere else this summer. I don't know if Yzerman would look at daley as a one year stop gap signing or not, but it's an upright move by Daley to let Yzerman know where he stands.
Because the internets!!

Larkin said the All Star game can go F itself... Daley said he's too good to play on the Red Wings anymore...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Because the internets!!

Larkin said the All Star game can go F itself... Daley said he's too good to play on the Red Wings anymore...

The Larkin thing was also old man Burke yelling at clouds. You know, the same guy who literally sued an HFBoards user. Although I've been advised not to talk about that because he might sue me, too. Hey Brian, get f***ed.

Oh and Daley is cool. Just letting Yzerman know what his plans are. That's the classy thing to do, honestly. Guy is at the end, he wants one more shot if he can.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The Larkin thing was also old man Burke yelling at clouds. You know, the same guy who literally sued an HFBoards user. Although I've been advised not to talk about that because he might sue me, too. Hey Brian, get ****ed.

Oh and Daley is cool. Just letting Yzerman know what his plans are. That's the classy thing to do, honestly. Guy is at the end, he wants one more shot if he can.

Burke sued an hfboards user? What a douche.

Reactions: Winger98

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

I'll put in a good word for you when I'm done with her. :laugh: She's starting to annoy me, always wanting to come over & she can't cook. Besides, she wears roller blades to bed, which is kinda weird, but sometimes useful.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Just poking around on CapFriendly and looking at the standings, I feel like this is going to be a really weird trade deadline. The west is wide open with only the CA teams really on the outside so far, and there's a handful of playoff teams that might not even have enough cap space to bring in a guy at league minimum, while you also have teams like Colorado, the Islanders and Columbus who will have tons of space at the deadline... Yzerman might do pretty well if he's willing to take cap space from some of those teams that have little room.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yzerman needs to figure out what else to package with Daley and AA to land this kid from Pittsburgh:

Calen Addison

Daley would return via depth insurance as a 7D, and AA has the ceiling to be the speedy winger the Pens want. But Detroit would likely have to boost the offer a bit, with how well Addison is developing.
I hope we are not helping the pens.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

I think he does us a huge favour that he says he is ready to be traded.

It is really a win win situation. We get something for him he gets a chance to showcase himself and gets a deal with another team. I see it as a classy move done by him.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We’ve become so complacent as a fanbase.

Daley already looked like he was mailing it in before these comments became public and now he’s essentially saying that he’s ready to play for a better team. f*** that.

But whatever. If we get a 5th for him and he doesn’t have to suit up for us anymore we win regardless.

Reactions: Sparkzuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad