Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Weise, Chaput, and Agostino all gone within a week. Feels like the Alzner, Schlemko, Ouellet purge.

I just hope they are replaced with youth and speed and skill.

If you think about it, Alzner and Schlemko were replaced by Reilly and Kulak. Both younger and better skaters. And I like them better in the line-up over them even if they have their flaws. Ouellet is also looking real good in Laval.

Chaput has been replaced by Thompson. Not younger, but more secure in that 4C spot. Thompson looked respectable replacing Danault tonight. Imagine Chaput there?

Agostino is gone. We can say that his departure opened up a spot for Shaw. Shaw > Agostino
Weise is sent down to open up a spot for Byron. Byron > Weise

But we shouldn't expect Weise to stay down in the minors for long. After 3PM Monday, the 23-man roster limit is lifted and a team can carry as many players as they desire so long as their cap compliant. So I believe Weise will be recalled after then.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Weise will get some good conditioning and confidence in Laval, and will get more accustomed to the new system under Julien/Bouchard.

I expect him to look better next chance he gets. He'll be with better players and will have adjusted.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If you think about it, Alzner and Schlemko were replaced by Reilly and Kulak. Both younger and better skaters. And I like them better in the line-up over them even if they have their flaws. Ouellet is also looking real good in Laval.

Chaput has been replaced by Thompson. Not younger, but more secure in that 4C spot. Thompson looked respectable replacing Danault tonight. Imagine Chaput there?

Agostino is gone. We can say that his departure opened up a spot for Shaw. Shaw > Agostino

But we shouldn't expect Weise to stay down in the minors for long. After 3PM Monday, the 23-man roster limit is lifted and a team can carry as many players as they desire so long as their cap compliant. So I believe Weise will be recalled after then.

I just want one more skilled player in the lineup, and I would be in favor of a Brassard level center as our 4c if one were available. Right now we have 10 top 9 forwards. I would like 12, and to have a skilled 4th line - as in a 4th line that is really another 3rd line. In that case, although we don't have a big 1st line of superstars, we'd have two really good 2nd lines and two really good 3rd lines.

Byron and Shaw have their place in the NHL today. Weise, D-lo, Hudon, and Peca don't really. I'd like one more upgrade for the final spot in the top 12. Ideally we get someone better than Lehkonen and Lehkonen moves to the 4th line. And, I personally would upgrade Thompson with someone like Brassard if they were available cheap - although I like Thompson.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo

Are you saying the Habs can have 26 players if they want to suit up to play after Monday 3:00 pm?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
PP goal with Laval

If Michou was still coaching, Dutch Gretzky would’ve been back on the 1st line by next game, book it :nod:

Weise%20Dutch%20Gretzky%20CUT%20PNG_zpsbysyu32g.png

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are you saying the Habs can have 26 players if they want to suit up to play after Monday 3:00 pm?

It only means that there are more players available to the Habs from which to draw their 23-man roster. They can still only dress 23.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And, he's back. Did anyone not call this? Official Montreal Twitter just reported it.

We know the Habs will make a deal or two. But even if they don't, we can't read this call up as foreshadowing a trade because as of 3PM ET, teams can carry over 23 players so long as you're cap compliant.

Also, after 3PM ET, teams are allowed only four recalls from the AHL. Calling Weise up today means they don't use up one of those four.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Yes, roster limits are off. Just can't go over the Cap. One reason for this is that call-ups from the minor league is now restricted. You only get 4 emergency recalls til the end of the season.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I hope he got rockets attached to his skates, because a slow Dale Weise is a Dale Weise sampling hot dogs in the Habs loge.

Reactions: 26Mats

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“When I thought it couldn't be better the first time. The second time definitely tops it. Everything I got in the last couple of years you know how I appreciated to be a Montreal Canadiens. So this is cool as I guess for me.”

“I guess a lot of things. Obviously when I came in there it was my first time to be a Montreal Canadiens. I was so excited, you're so on top. You've that energy for the first couple of games. Being the younger guy for the first couple of years in the league. You don't really have that experience on how to continue to keep that consistly. So I think just getting the consistency there was the key for me. Once I got back on the lineup there then it was it's all over from there. It was good...”

“It's crazy because I feel like I didn't leave... When you came up to the dressing room, all those trainers and everything it's same on the dressing room. But the players are completely different... The only guys they're here is Pricey, Paul Byron, Petry and Gally. So it's been completely looking team and definely a lot more younger.”

“Obviously that's was my number one choice. I didn't want to leave. I never thought it it'll be possible to come back. You don't see it too often in our business. In the back of my mind, I was hoping for it. Now that it happened it just so surreal. I can't believe I'm back here...”

“I did when I left originally maybe the year after and then I couldn't watch it because I wanted to be here so bad. It was too paintful for me. Here I'm.”

“That's the biggest thing that excite me. Like you said do I had to do it to get my contract. At the end of the day, it's a business and I've to get my family up. Now that I'm back now the only goal is to win... You look in the back end. You got Carey Price win the series on his own.
You always have a chance. You look at the makeup of this team and the Eastern Conference I think we're good as anybody in a seven game series. It's so wide open now. There's no real set favorites even like five years ago you'll say: this team it's probably gonna win this season in advance... Looking this team I really like the possibilities.”

“Yeah, it's been a while. Berg said to me right away how to go to Laval and how it'd be. All you can ask for as a hockey player us is for an oppurtunity and you gotta do the rest... I was fine to go down there and work my way up. An other oppurtunity where I got to go and earn my spot...”

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I doubt he starts the season here. Maybe with Bouchard he improves his game and could contribute on the Habs in case on injuries.

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad