Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I doubt he starts the season here. Maybe with Bouchard he improves his game and could contribute on the Habs in case on injuries.

he's the Wayne Simmonds of 4th liners - once was excellent at his role, now is too slow for the new NHL.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I can't pinpoint one thing. I missed everything. This is the greatest organization in the world. The media, you guys, for sure... All these bright lights will work on my tan a little bit. I've been a little light. Everything. I love the city, I love the fan base... I absolutely love being a Montreal Canadien..”
“We had a day out there. I don't know if you guys were watching, but we were on fire. My goodness... I haven't played with either of them. It's going to take awhile to get our chemistry going. But we're hard-nosed guys. We're playing along the walls. We're going to get to the net, be physical and be reliable. I think that's all you can ask from your fourth line.”

“I just remember being so excited. First time in the playoffs with Montreal, coming in on the road. I just remember our line had a really, really good night. And then we went out there and he makes a heck of a play to find me.To come up with a big win like that in Game 1, that's one I'll never forget. That's got to be right up there. I think the Ottawa one was really big, the OT winner that put us up 3-0 (2015's Eastern Conference Quarterfinals). And then the goal in Game 7 (2014's Eastern Conference Semifinals) in Boston was probably No. 3. Those are all right up there as the top ones to me. It was amazing. You want to define yourself as a hockey player. You look at how you do in the hard moments... That's the playoffs, that's the biggest stage... When you're on the road and you've a fourth line come in and score an OT winner. Lots of times it's your depth guys. Obviously, the top guys kind of cancel each other out because it's so tight-checking. That's what keeps my excitement going here as we move towards the playoffs. It's the best time to play hockey.”

“I always feel like I have success in this building... Since then, you just feel like you score a goal like that and you always kind of have confidence in the building. I feel like for some reason I just always play well here and I think it comes from that goal.It's gotten a little bit of a facelift. It doesn't have the old blue stalls, so it looks a little different. But when you get out there, the rink's still the same and you kind of get the same feeling every time you step out there.”

“It was wild... I had people texting me that I hadn't heard from in years. Random people I didn't even know had my number. It was insane, obviously the biggest goal of my career up to that moment. Playoffs, Hockey Night in Canada. Everyone in Canada was watching. All of my buddies. It was just a great moment.”

“It was pretty crazy when we first found out we were having twins... Lauren is a twin and her grandma had twins, so it obviously runs in the family. To have another boy and girl, we're just so blessed. Having twins is a completely different experience. From the pregnancy to the first couple of days here, there's obviously a lot more work. I think we're sleeping about 20 minutes at a time. Lots of coffee and lots of energy drinks, but it's just so exciting. They can hold both babies, they can feed them. It's nice to have an extra set of hands taking diapers to the trash. They both can't get enough of them. They just want to cuddle up and get so close to them. It's really cool to see their interaction... We kind of played that throughout the whole pregnancy. Kind of the gist of the movie is about a new baby brother joining the family. It talks about where babies come from and everything like that, so they thought it was pretty cool and compared it to the movie. Since we've brought Jersey and Hayes home, they've always wanted to be with them. When Lauren and I first started dating, that's when country singer Hunter Hayes first came on the scene, so we named our first son Hunter. We didn't have the second name picked out. We weren't really planning on keeping them all H's or anything like that, but as we got further along in the pregnancy, it just kind of popped in my head. I heard one of his songs on the radio again, and I said: what do you think about the name, Hayes? Lauren loved it and it kind of went from there. With Jersey, we were playing in Philly and living in South Jersey before the trade to Montreal, so we thought Jersey was a cool name... I think both names are unique to us. I can't wait to see their personalities. Being at the same age, they're going to go through everything at exactly the same time. With Hunter and Jordana being a couple of years apart, it's been interesting seeing them grow up together. They're best friends, but they also fight like cats and dogs sometimes and they have completely different personalities. This will be different. This is kind of a nice cherry on top to kind of get my mind off the season and start the summer fresh. I'm not into training right now, which is good. I can be there for Lauren. I can do a lot more things... This just came at a really good time in my life. Everything I live for are my kids... To have one more of each is amazing. My kids are the greatest thing in my life. They're still so young and we have so much life left together. I'm just enjoying every minute of it. I'm going to need to get a box.”

The Brossard's WowMoms World franchise (The Weise's Business): “It's perfect for our family. It's a little bit of everything... We've got classes like Pilates, yoga, TRX, everything is centered around family. You can bring your kids to these classes, you can work out. We have a coffee. We've a spa. We've everything.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I changed it up a little bit. I tried to be a little more aerodynamic out there. But I might have to grow it back now. I don't know seeing some of the old pictures it looks so good... I might have to bring it back.”

“Amazing. It revived me. Just instantly, I felt revived... I don't really want to talk about the past in Philly the past two years. I'm always just looking forward. You guys know me I'm a pretty positive guy...This is going to be awesome for me. It couldn't have come at a better time.”

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I doubt he starts the season here. Maybe with Bouchard he improves his game and could contribute on the Habs in case on injuries.
Yeah I can't see him starting the year with the team unless he somehow finds his speed again. I see him as a vet in Laval who like you said will be a call up option for the Habs when needed which is fine.

BobInNiagara

May 12, 2019
St Catharines
He isn't going to replace the guys the Habs brought in at the deadline.. and there are some new guys arriving next year. Best case scenario is he plays in Laval till his contract expires.

Reactions: Fixxer

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Weise is going to provide great entertainment in Laval. He's done nothing to raise his game during the short time he was a Hab this past season. Who knows if he shows anything with the Rocket and somehow gets another opportunity. I doubt it.

Reactions: Maliki2

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Better than $2.35M playing in Montreal.

Ideally, he'd be doing neither. But he would be a bigger contributor to the organization in Laval, helping out the young kids on becoming pros and he can also be more effective as a player there, too.
That's 1.75 M for Weise to be precise and add another 4.625 M for Alzner. Come to think of it, another 1.3 M for Peca. That's 7.7 M on Laval players, dead weight if you ask me. Gives you a total of around 5 M on the cap as buried contracts.

Reactions: Maliki2

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's 1.75 M for Weise to be precise and add another 4.625 M for Alzner. Come to think of it, another 1.3 M for Peca. That's 7.7 M on Laval players, dead weight if you ask me. Gives you a total of around 5 M on the cap as buried contracts.

Correct. Weise's actual salary this year is $1.75M. But the point remains the same. He will be more useful in Laval if he is to stick around the organization, no matter what he's paid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
“Thanks Karl, my not-getting-bought-out brother!

Can you give tips on how to move equipment bags and sharpen skates?”

- Dale

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't get the hate, he's filled in nicely, great forecheck and reliable 2 way player. Hits, fights, responsible. He's more effective than Domi, when Domi isn't scoring... which is often lately.

Reactions: Tuggy and Walrus26

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I don't get the hate, he's filled in nicely, great forecheck and reliable 2 way player. Hits, fights, responsible. He's more effective than Domi, when Domi isn't scoring... which is often lately.

He might even be playing well enough to get some attention on the trade market

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->