Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Jaromir Jagr to BOS for 2nd R '13/MacDermid/Payne

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Go Boston. Can 5th overall + 27-30th overall + 35th overall get you up to #1 or #2?

At that point I'd rather just take Lindholm or Barkov at 5, whichever is available and keep the other two picks. Trading up there doesn't do much for me and hell we made get the 3rd or 4th pick all on our own.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How do we know we don't have that in the guys we have? Too early to tell. We definitely don't have a #1 center in the works though.
I'm indifferent between center or d. If D, I'll be excited. We don't know if any of these AHL players are going to work in the NHL, so there is no downside to adding more D. If it turns out that the team is loaded with a bunch of NHL quality d-men, that's great. Trade one for a center.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Payne could turn out to be a very good player for you guys a few years down the road.

I think he's going to have a huge year next year in the OHL as a 19-year old. Way down the depth chart right now, but always puts up points when he gets more playing time.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
He couldn't even beat out Jay Pandolfo.

I'm honestly sorry for Dallas, no snark or sarcasm intended at all. I thought for sure it would be the Iginla package or slightly less. MacDermid is a 14th forward and Cody Payne is a longterm project.

To be fair he probably could have, but the enforcer role would be a bit redundant for every game having two, and Claude is known to try to hang on to experiments like Pandolfo longer than he should when really the lineup would be much better with Spooner in it

Im not going to pretend I know a lot about Payne, but two of our smartest posters and two of probably the most knowledgeable posters on this entire site were pretty high on him, so there is always that

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
MAC ATTACK: Newcomer Lane MacDermid made his Dallas Stars debut on Wednesday night in Anaheim and scored his first career NHL goal. On April 3, 1982, Lane's father and former NHLer Paul MacDermid also scored the first goal of his NHL career. The two become the second father/son tandem in NHL history to each record their first career goals on the same day, joining Peanuts and Gerry O'Flaherty who accomplished the feat on Nov. 3, 1940 and 1972.

Thought this was a pretty interesting coincidence, and I'm surprised it has happened before. I'm guessing November 3rd was probably around the time they used to start the season in those days, though.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I will now pick someone at random and change their username to Peanuts O'Flaherty.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
MacDermid look pretty good in his first game. So far so good, lets see how he does tonight.

I'm gonna guess he's dropping the gloves for the first time in a Stars uni

Bkennedy*

I will now pick someone at random and change their username to Peanuts O'Flaherty.

As a noobie to the forum who hasn't made a name for himself, and is going to be posting a lot from hereon out.

I volunteer myself to bestow this honor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad