Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Jaromir Jagr to BOS for 2nd R '13/MacDermid/Payne

MetalGodAOD*

Nothing about this makes god damn sense.

Why not wait until tomorrow and see if the price goes up? THIS was the alternative to not signing him another ****ing year? Sure a late first might be nice... but that's not guaranteed.

This organization is a joke.

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
I really want to be done with the Stars for awhile. They can go to hell. Nothing about this deadline makes any sense whatsoever.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
We need to look at this situation with more perspective.

Yes, the return is kind of crappy. Could be that is what was the highest offer. Everyone is iffy on if Jagr will resign, sign somewhere else, or retire. Maybe Dallas got the indication that Jagr wasn't going to sign an extension.

So...move him for what you can before he just walks away for nothing. Sure he could have had some value to the org while languishing here with the rest of the team, maybe not?

God dammit...it's still hard to look at the "bright" side of this.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Obviously, but still. Pittsburgh had D players to give. So we got one. Boston had centers to give, yet we get 2 bottom 6 guys?

Yeah, that's what strikes me as odd as well. Still, you have to remember that no matter how many points he has, he's still a 42 year old rental. And 42, no matter how irrelevant it is, is going to drive the price down.

Least Joe is stockpiling picks. This is called "tanking", gentlemen. This is what half of you wanted.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Hey guys, remember when I said "Hey we need a goon to police our new division opponents!"

Ow ow ow, stop throwing rocks at me guys, ow ow that hurts

CorwiN

Oct 23, 2006
Dallas, TX
Honestly, as someone who has followed this team pretty much every single day since the day it moved here... Definitely feeling like this is maybe the low point, aside from the whole ownership problem with Hicks.

Not just because of this trade, but because the trades we made today I feel do absolutely nothing to address the terribleness.

Joe needs to go.

MetalGodAOD*

From the Trade boards...

Cody Payne is a very good prospect. He was drafted as a very raw project but had a great year and produced all year when he wasn't buried in a very deep Plymouth line up. He'll have a huge year in junior next year. Dom (OrrOverGretzky on HF Boards and @dominictiano) is very high on him and he scouts the OHL. Payne is big, fast, tough and has skill.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
So we got 2 future 4th line guys and a 2nd round pick for Jagr.

Well then.

More like ahl guys who take up valuable contract space-think younger Walthiers Barchs-freakin amazing-no Caron No spooner No koko -no center for Morrow , jagr Roy-

No sure fire NHlers either although Morrow is close-How do Robidas and Whitney do not ask to be traded-I am sure Ray is freakin-

Upside is I doubt we win more than 2 or games all year so top 7 which is key this year is more likely although I suspect Newy screws that up also----

hey how does benn-Eakin-Rousel-garbutt sound down the middle-like an AHL team

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Yeah, that's what strikes me as odd as well. Still, you have to remember that no matter how many points he has, he's still a 42 year old rental. And 42, no matter how irrelevant it is, is going to drive the price down.

Least Joe is stockpiling picks. This is called "tanking", gentlemen. This is what half of you wanted.

It's like we took our gold to the pawn shop instead of the jewelry store. :pout:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Another bunch of prospects I have never heard of.
That's what 95% of rental trades get you in return. No one knows who these guys are. If you did know who they were, they wouldn't be traded.

You do realize how much of a steal the morrow trade was, right?
Was it? The Stars gave up an NHL forward and a third round pick for a d-man the Pens didn't seem to want.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Cody Payne is kind of an unknown but he could be a good one. Raw tools and really broke out this year. Has all of the tools. I see my post on the trade board already quoted above.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00