Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Chiasson/Guptill/Paul/2nd R to OTT for Spezza/L Karlsson

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Yeah I'm not going to bash the kid but he didn't play behind those guys he was surpassed by those guys. When Roussel is better than you despite starting in the Ozone only 45% of the time there's an issue.

Wish him well, but glad others are going to soon get the opportunity.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Didn't seem like Chiasson is blaming anybody. Merely stating the fact that he was surpassed on the depth chart. I'd guess he'd blame himself first and foremost for not producing.

Noticed that he didn't really answer the question about his illness either. Just general platitudes about doing the right things, treating your body right, etc. In other words, just another boring hockey player interview.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Didn't seem like Chiasson is blaming anybody. Merely stating the fact that he was surpassed on the depth chart. I'd guess he'd blame himself first and foremost for not producing.

Noticed that he didn't really answer the question about his illness either. Just general platitudes about doing the right things, treating your body right, etc. In other words, just another boring hockey player interview.

Perfect fit for a boring city

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
Does anyone else find it strange that Chiasson and Spezza both changed their number to 90, an unusual number (since 1950, only 7 other guys have worn it) that neither of them had worn in the NHL, after they were traded for each other?

MetalGodAOD*

Saw this gem on the general forum:

I don't think the sens will miss spezza one bit,not that they got better but with him off the team they have less chance of letting in 50000 goals
Dallas better hope he thinks before he throws away the puck and that he tries to play both ends of the ice now that he has to impress his new team, otherwise they are in for a shock. He could be a great player but he does not play to win, he plays for personal points no matter the cost

Sounds like the hoops we tried to jump through after Brad left and we replaced him with guys like Burish and Souray.

Brand New Stars

Except not resigning Richards ending up being a very good thing. Personally, I was glad he left because of his personality. He was pretty terrible at defense as well.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Except not resigning Richards ending up being a very good thing. Personally, I was glad he left because of his personality. He was pretty terrible at defense as well.

Well in a roundabout way, I guess it turned out ok, but losing BRich was the largest and final nail in the coffin before our awful years.

I liked Richards when he was here, and I was so mad when he left. I can't blame him, but we suffered through some pretty ****** times after he left.

MetalGodAOD*

Sure it was good long term, but there's no way you can sanely argue "spreading the money to guys like Burish/Souray" made us better the next year. That was the company line toed out quite a bit though to justify things to the fans.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Well in a roundabout way, I guess it turned out ok, but losing BRich was the largest and final nail in the coffin before our awful years.

Huh? His 3 full seasons here was the beginning of being terrible. I'm not blaming him for the team being bad but let's not act like we dropped off a cliff when he left and that was when we became a bad team.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
What was the trade in question?

We were never given details but Dallas and New York had a trade set in place for Richards to head up there...only for Brad to turn it down.

There was an article about it soon after. It's been posted throughout the board numerous times, but not gonna try and go find it.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
We were never given details but Dallas and New York had a trade set in place for Richards to head up there...only for Brad to turn it down.

There was an article about it soon after. It's been posted throughout the board numerous times, but not gonna try and go find it.

I remember one of the quotes for sure. He didn't want to weaken the team he was getting traded too. Basically just said why would I want to see the team I'm already planning on going to give up anything of value for me that could potentially help me down the line.

.... confirming all along he was going to NY, IMO. The little courting BS he had was just to raise NY's price. He's totally fine inflating their cap and making it harder to add talent .... but don't let them give up some late picks they might be able to use to acquire a rental or something ... if they can even afford him with their cap situation.

It wasn't anything of consequence so it's not big deal really, but I always thought that was some flawed logic. Drive up your cap number with the multiple team presentation at your agent's office stunt, but be concerned about them giving up assets for you. It's BS. You're a FA and you can chase money, but don't pretend some late picks are more valuable than cap space.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I remember one of the quotes for sure. He didn't want to weaken the team he was getting traded too. Basically just said why would I want to see the team I'm already planning on going to give up anything of value for me that could potentially help me down the line.

.... confirming all along he was going to NY, IMO. The little courting BS he had was just to raise NY's price. He's totally fine inflating their cap and making it harder to add talent .... but don't let them give up some late picks they might be able to use to acquire a rental or something ... if they can even afford him with their cap situation.

It wasn't anything of consequence so it's not big deal really, but I always thought that was some flawed logic. Drive up your cap number with the multiple team presentation at your agent's office stunt, but be concerned about them giving up assets for you. It's BS. You're a FA and you can chase money, but don't pretend some late picks are more valuable than cap space.

You're remembering the quote wrong.

He said He wouldn't accept a trade to a team because he didn't want a team to weaken itself for him not to sign there. He said basically if a team is giving up assets for him he would be obligated to sign and he wasn't going to do that. Even though everyone knew all along he was going to NYR

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You're remembering the quote wrong.

He said He wouldn't accept a trade to a team because he didn't want a team to weaken itself for him not to sign there. He said basically if a team is giving up assets for him he would be obligated to sign and he wasn't going to do that. Even though everyone knew all along he was going to NYR

That is pretty much exactly what BigG said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad