Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Anders Lindback/Cond. '16 3rd R to BUF for Jhonas Enroth

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Haha I could never be a surgeon. Construction work. But I'd be down for a Stars HF app.

I'll post something about this in the near future. Maybe I'll start my very first thread about it. I can think of a few people who would also be down. We'd sign up via PM obviously by the way.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This is from a year ago. He's pretty active in his crease. Definitely seems like in addition to these amazing saves (Turco-esque dare I say) ... where going to see some frustrating Turco-esque fails. Not the puck handling gaffes I'd hope.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I don't know if this was mentioned, but his shootout stats this year are amazing, only one goal allowed in 5 games (I know, small sample). Now we just have to survive OT and we might have a chance in the SO

:naughty:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
If Enroth has issues right off the bat, Valley is the problem. I know someone already mentioned this.

Agree. If Enroth performs poorly in his stint here in Dallas, Valley should be held accountable because it seems like every goalie that comes in this organization flops. I truly believe Enroth will flourish with us and steal Kari's job by next season if he chooses to stay.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Agree. If Enroth performs poorly in his stint here in Dallas, Valley should be held accountable because it seems like every goalie that comes in this organization flops. I truly believe Enroth will flourish with us and steal Kari's job by next season if he chooses to stay.

Oh I think he'll be great. I know Nill will work his magic and get him signed long term.

I also hope if he outperforms Kari, that will light some fire under his ass and get his head straight again.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Lol. I guess. I work at an advertising agency, so I dont have to deal with stuff like that unless S hits the fan with a client.

TSN/hutch alerted me about the Myers deal. A few hours later I found out (through Hutch) that this happened. All at my desk while working.

Side note, if anyone is down to to start an official HF Dallas Stars mass text let me know.

Do you want to include me, all the way in Canada?

If you can, download the app Hangouts. You can send mass messages to everyone.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Athleticism and puck tracking are what I look for in goalies. Lindback was at absolute zero in those categories and Enroth seems to be strong.

He's only 26 so he may be a long term solution for the position. Especially in light of Campbell being sent to the ECHL.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
I think it's too early to hop on the Enroth bandwagon, check out this graph

fPAVH.png

clear trend between the amount of high-risk saves and save% here, Enroth not showing any better than Lehts here, Price, Scrivens and Smith being the only noticeable outliers. Only added goalies with 1500+ mins.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's a shame you can't do high danger/60.

And Kari is close to the average in high danger save percentage while being among the league leaders in high danger saves and goals. Who could have seen that coming? It's almost like allowing a million billion high danger shots will lead to a poor statistical goalie season?

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
It's a shame you can't do high danger/60.

And Kari is close to the average in high danger save percentage while being among the league leaders in high danger saves and goals. Who could have seen that coming? It's almost like allowing a million billion high danger shots will lead to a poor statistical goalie season?

Yeah exactly. If Nill isn't looking for a dman this trade will be a wash.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah exactly. If Nill isn't looking for a dman this trade will be a wash.

That's absurd. Even if he doesn't pass Lehtonen, he's significantly better than Lindback. Kari can't play 28 games between now and the end of the season. At minimum, and for almost no cost especially if he can't pass Kari, you've given yourself a significantly better chance of winning games the starter doesn't play. For the trade to work, he only has to improve the back up position. For the trade to be great ... he either pushes Kari to be better or surprises people and takes the job.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ruff on goalie situation:

On Enroth

“Well, I like him because he’s grown as a goaltender. He was a backup when I had him but he was the guy that led Sweden in the World Championships, and I coached the other bench in the game we got knocked out. He’s proven he can win on an elite level. He’s been in the biggest games. We’re going to have a lot of big games down the stretch. I just think he’s tested. I think his game has grown. He’s faced a ton of rubber this year and we feel that even with Anders, Anders I don’t think played enough, hadn’t played enough. In Jhonas’ case, he’s had a little bit more of experience that I think he gives us a little bit more margin of chance to win inside of this last stretch of games.’

On if he sees Enroth as a backup or as a 1B to Lehtonen

“Well, he’s proven he can be a starter, so I think we’re looking now in our eyes that we’ve improved our team. Some of these back-to-backs we’ve got, even depending on play, it could go to either guy playing. Right now, we’re at desperation point. We need to win games and I need him to step in there and play really well and win games for us and we’re going to take it one game at a time. I don’t think you can call him a backup after he’s been a starter and after he’s won a World Championship. That isn’t backup material anymore.”

On if Enroth could play this weekend

“Yeah, for sure. I think it serves no purpose to bring him in and not get him in there get him going right away. I don’t want him sitting around. I think he’s deserved that from the way he has played. It gives us that opportunity to keep two guys fresh.”

On what he thinks Enroth’s addition will do to Lehtonen’s game

“I had a great meeting with Kari this morning talking about Jhonas and where we’re at and where we need to go. I thought he was fabulous, talking about his game and wanting it to improve. He likes Enroth. He said he’s watched him play and he’s all for helping this team win. I thought that meeting really set the tone for the day because sometimes you don’t know what bringing in another goaltender will do, but his attitude was fabulous. I think they’re going to push each other, which is a real good thing.”

On if they talked about Lehtonen’s numbers being better last year after Thomas joined the team

“No, we didn’t. Didn’t talk about that, I think we looked at the schedule and how tough it was, when his name came up it could be a possibility. I think Anders can be a starter. I think he’s a ways away from it yet. He needs to play. I think he needs to play on a consistent basis. Jhonas has been playing on a consistent basis, which should help us. He’s played a lot of hockey this year already.”

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
That's absurd. Even if he doesn't pass Lehtonen, he's significantly better than Lindback. Kari can't play 28 games between now and the end of the season. At minimum, and for almost no cost especially if he can't pass Kari, you've given yourself a significantly better chance of winning games the starter doesn't play. For the trade to work, he only has to improve the back up position. For the trade to be great ... he either pushes Kari to be better or surprises people and takes the job.

I think if the latter doesn't happen the season as a whole is a wash lol. If Lindback were to have stayed I could only see him playing in 4 of the remaining stars games. If Enroth performs at the same level as Lehtonen then expect him only in those 4 as well. The only way I see this trade being notable is if Enroth puts up stellar numbers, and I don't think that's likely behind our D.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think if the latter doesn't happen the season as a whole is a wash lol. If Lindback were to have stayed I could only see him playing in 4 of the remaining stars games. If Enroth performs at the same level as Lehtonen then expect him only in those 4 as well. The only way I see this trade being notable is if Enroth puts up stellar numbers, and I don't think that's likely behind our D.

Enroth's not only going to play 4 games. It's pretty clear that's not how Ruff intends on using him.

So yes ... like we've already discussed here ... Lindback sticking around means Lehtonen plays almost every remaining game. That extra workload wears on him, and he continues his erratic play.

The no cost gamble is that Enroth is prepared to handle more games, has a better chance of winning them than Lindback, and then adds rest and recovery to Kari's schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad