Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Anders Lindback/Cond. '16 3rd R to BUF for Jhonas Enroth

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
We should see a payoff pretty quickly. With this trade our chances of winning on Saturday have increased from 1% to like 50%. Just gaining the ability to play two different goalies on back to backs is huge.

NukeJukes43

We should see a payoff pretty quickly. With this trade our chances of winning on Saturday have increased from 1% to like 50%. Just gaining the ability to play two different goalies on back to backs is huge.

I say we start Enroth too. Ride em while he's hot. Might spark a fire under Kari's ass

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I'd give Enroth the start Friday just because I would wanna see his first game as a Star since I won't be able to catch Saturday's game due to it being Vday ... soooooo Nill, if it's not too unclassy can you start Enroth Friday?

In all seriousness though, I just feel as if Enroth would be better suited to play Friday against an Eastern team, not to mention he has been on fire lately.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
All it took was a conditional 3rd in 2016?

We must've really scared Buffalo and their tank plans by losing to them.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I checked Enroth's history against the Panthers this season and he's 1-1-0 with a .936 sv% so he might be better on Friday.

Also I watched the goals against him in those games and this one was a special kind of something by the Sabres defense

[NHL]2014020437-262-h[/NHL]

joelnmich

Jan 2, 2007
I thought they were giving Turco a tryout in a game soon...Ewok will have to do I guess.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Also I watched the goals against him in those games and this one was a special kind of something by the Sabres defense

I think Jhonas is used to that from our defense.

He's gotta be breathing a huge sigh of relief that he's going to a team that regularly ices a complete set of 6 NHL defensemen, instead of the 4 he's used to from Buffalo (and 2 of them are aged 19 and 20).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

He's gotta be breathing a huge sigh of relief that he's going to a team that regularly ices a complete set of 6 NHL defensemen, instead of the 4 he's used to from Buffalo (and 2 of them are aged 19 and 20).

We don't ice 6 NHL defensemen either brother.

NukeJukes43

Jordie Benn would like a word.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

We're more like 4 1/2 NHL defensemen but that's still an improvement I guess :laugh:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Think it's pretty obvious that you split the starts between the 2 as evenly as possible. Give Enroth a chance to show what he can do, give Kari plenty of rest, but don't mentally discourage the guy we've relied on for so long.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We don't ice 6 NHL defensemen either brother.

Jordie Benn would like a word.

We're more like 4 1/2 NHL defensemen but that's still an improvement I guess :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't care who you're icing on defense....they're GOING to be better than Meszaros, Benoit and Strachan.

They've been beyond terrible. Most Sabres fans are pretty sure that we've got 2 guys in the AHL (Pysyk, McCabe) who could step in right now and easily play better.

But, there's that whole tank thing.

God. Mess and Ben Wah have been awful. Just plan terribad.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Enroth is going to be wearing #1. How unclassy of him. He is clearly trying to say he is going to be our number 1. How many classless Benneguins is that?

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kind of interesting, surprised Murray didn't wait longer to see if he could get a bidding war going.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL · 20m 20 minutes ago
Dallas was the only team in on Jhonas Enroth. #Sabres

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
He has on his Twitter the words: Ad astra per aspera which means "Through hardships to the stars".. He got his wish..

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Think it's pretty obvious that you split the starts between the 2 as evenly as possible. Give Enroth a chance to show what he can do, give Kari plenty of rest, but don't mentally discourage the guy we've relied on for so long.

I agree with this. Ride the hot hand but split the starts as evenly as you can until 1 pulls away. If Enroth clearly out performs Kari then re sign him and he can be the starter next year and maybe it's worth trying to move Kari and his cap hit. If they play close to evenly at least we will be rotating fresh goalies and not worried about an injury to Kari ruining our chances.

Routing for both goalies to play well but it would be amazing in my book to see Enroth step up and become the guy with all the ? marks surrounding Kari.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad