Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Ryan Suter signing with the Stars (4 years, $3.65M AAV)

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
That's it? Surprised a bigger contender didn't give him a bigger deal. The way he plays even at 40 he should be worth 2-3 million as a bottom pairing vet easily

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wonder how much actual extra cash now he gets from buyout?

He had 10 million remaining, so he only lost 3.33 million in the Buyout.

First year of this deal, makes him whole. Than he gets another 11 Million on top of it assuming he plays the whole deal.

He made out like a bandit.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
In the last two seasons he has gone from the Wild's best D to its fourth best. Dallas better hope that decline slows down. He probably won't be in the press box this year but maybe next.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
In the last two seasons he has gone from the Wild's best D to its fourth best. Dallas better hope that decline slows down. He probably won't be in the press box this year but maybe next.

Well he joins Dallas as probably their 4th best blueliner as well, so that's good.

If he was coming in as their best option on the back end, I'd be worried.

I'm not worried.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Good signing. Suter has missed only 4 games on last 9 seasons.

It's him who is the ironman easily for the fourties as a 2nd pair D.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
The 4th year and an NMC are a steep price to pay for a lower cap hit. The next 1-2 years will be great value. After that, it could be a problem.

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
Hell of a lot better than signing Oleksiak at what he got IMO. I think both he and Miro are going to be a real solid pairing.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Good signing. Suter has missed only 4 games on last 9 seasons.

It's him who is the ironman easily for the fourties as a 2nd pair D.

Broke his ankle couple of years ago though and required surgery. Lost a step back then that he never gained back.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Suter making it rain and now in a no income tax state
Property tax is where Texas gets you, if he buys a home here he'll be paying plenty in taxes. I pay more in property tax than I would in other states with income taxes, and my property tax will double by the time the county catches up to the market value of my home.

TF1970

May 9, 2021
the last multi-year older guy dallas signed has worked out pretty damn well in pavelski. i bet this one plays out similarly. suter still has game left to give no doubt and relies a lot on his smarts, which don't erode.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
How much does he make along with his buyout.

833K per year from the buyout for 8 years.

Combined he will make (in cash) - 2.8M, 4.8M, 5.1M, 5.1M, then 833K for the next 4 years from the buyout. Cash is higher in the back end which gives Dallas cap relief if he gets bought out after two years. Conversely the Minnesota buyout which is only 6.6M in cash carries a cap hit of 26.8M (mostly accrued over the next four years), since he had a tonne of money up front.

His combined league wide cap hit over the next 4 years is - 5.9M, 9.9M, 10.9M and 10.9M.

Reactions: Jmo89

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Suter and Dumba were pretty much even as the teams 2nd best defenseman. They were also great as a pair to start the season before they were split up because Spurgeon was getting killed playing the tougher minutes with Brodin

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
833K per year from the buyout for 8 years.

Combined he will make (in cash) - 2.8M, 4.8M, 5.1M, 5.1M, then 833K for the next 4 years from the buyout. Cash is higher in the back end which gives Dallas cap relief if he gets bought out after two years. Conversely the Minnesota buyout which is only 6.6M in cash carries a cap hit of 26.8M (mostly accrued over the next four years), since he had a tonne of money up front.

His combined league wide cap hit over the next 4 years is - 5.9M, 9.9M, 10.9M and 10.9M.

Thanks. :)

Those are some big cap hits for Minnesota.

Reactions: North Cole

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3