Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Ryan Suter signing with the Stars (4 years, $3.65M AAV)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think 3.5M is fair.

Suter probably wants to make close to the 6M he was owed by the Wild going into this season, so if you start the contract value at 5M and then taper down for a few years, you're probably looking at 3.5M AAV. Not ideal, but Dallas really has to keep trying to be a contender and then pay the consequences down the road.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m obviously going to hate the term, but I understand Dallas wanting to keep the cap hit low. If Dallas has a shot at the cup (which is a long shot) it’s likely gotta happen soon, so doesn’t really matter if he’s bad the last two seasons

Reactions: starsfan86

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I think it would be good for the Stars to make a splash. Try and compete with the Cowboys in terms of popularity.

lol, no one in dallas that isn't already a hard core hockey fan has any clue who suter is. the vast majority of casual stars fans never heard of him.

this will generate about the same amount of press as a cowboys free agent signing- from the pool* of players that didn't get drafted. (and that's if the stars are lucky)

*yes that was a splash pun, you're welcome.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
Klingberg-Lindell
Heiskanen- Suter

I dint know a pretty appealing top 4 to be part of.

Made Cup finals 10 months ago.

Getting back Seguin, Radulov and Bishop from injury.

Stars vastly underrated due to last years mass injuries.
They're ancient and Bishop can't stay healthy.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
good hockey player but has personality warts. he's worth at least $5m this year and he's going to be useful for at least four years at $3m-ish imo.
Will be nice to hate Dallas again.

Reactions: Nikki Potnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad