Proposal: DAL/NYR

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Love Zuc but don't think I could stomach giving up three quality young players. I'd be willing to do Tufte/Gurianov, 2019 1st, and Ritchie.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Love Zuc but don't think I could stomach giving up three quality young players. I'd be willing to do Tufte/Gurianov, 2019 1st, and Ritchie.
I would assume the Rangers wouldn't take that.
a nothing prospect a 4th liner and a mid range 1st. I'm sure they'll get better offers

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Anything else? Maybe the kitchen sink.
There is no guarantee that Nichuskins comes to the states, but it seems NY has an easier time bringing Russians over. The stars also have two fourth round picks this year, one that belonged to the blackhawks, that should be the upper portion of the draft. The Blackhawk pick should take the sting off a 3rd rounder this year. Robertson a good prospect, and a 2019 #1 that will be in bottom ten of round 1, probably.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
There is no guarantee that Nichuskins comes to the states, but it seems NY has an easier time bringing Russians over. The stars also have two fourth round picks this year, one that belonged to the blackhawks, that should be the upper portion of the draft. The Blackhawk pick should take the sting off a 3rd rounder this year. Robertson a good prospect, and a 2019 #1 that will be in bottom ten of round 1, probably.

Dallas protected him. I think Nill think he will be coming back

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Dallas protected him. I think Nill think he will be coming back
Well to be fair, they had nobody better to protect. But yeah, the expectation is that he's coming back as was reported earlier this year

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
Zucc would fill your #2 RW very nicely and he would be an instant crowd favorite. Nichuskins is a big gamble and there is some criticism to his game. He has the skill but will the head catch up. He hasn't done much but his potential thus far. With the Rangers in rebuild mode I would assume it would be worth the gamble to them. Robertson is the big chip.
The draft picks are not in the top half of the draft order and as picks who knows what prospect/suspect you get. With the first rounder there is a 60 percent chance of success. I don't know offhand what the odds of success are for the third round but it must be much less. Lol I am kind of talking myself out of the deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
DAL: Zuccarello
NYR: Smith, Ritchie & 1st Round

I would assume the Rangers wouldn't take that.
a nothing prospect a 4th liner and a mid range 1st. I'm sure they'll get better offers

Would rather make a deal around Honka +. Our forward core needs all of the young talent it can get.

Not horrible OP, but Zuc commands more and we will want to max return.
----------------

Strategically, I remind this is a great win-win for both sides, just have to get over personal attachments to their guys...

Rangers overpay but worth it:
Buchnevich
Andersson
NYR 2nd 2020

for
Heiskanen
Pitlick

Stars get elc replacements for Spezza, Hanzal, makes extending Seguin easy. That alone is totally worth it.
Buch helps immediately, Andy can play like another 8 games, then Dal mgmt can decide if they want to blow 1st elc yr now having him for POs or not.
Stars really solidify Fs so can start to add to backline w/strategic builds.

Rangers bend over, but gamble is Heiskanen is potential 1LD

I like several NYR D prospects, but an add of his stature is significant.
Stock up on young D incl prospects, develop first, choose best pieces to keep, then trade surplus in a seller's market for them, profit.
Chytil is here next year.
We can move guys like Zuc and Nash and more and get more than 1 F coming back, + picks, so we are looking good going forward.

this ^ was a deal mostly liked by Stars fans, thumbs down by Ranger counterparts, small sample opinion return. That was before it became clear NY need to rebuild.
Above helps Dallas w/Cup run and NY with tank/fallin for Dahlin

-------
if teams want they can to a side deal on Nichuskin [sp?]
his rights for NYR 2018 7th + conditional adds
if he signs, add a 6th
if he plays at all, add __________
if he demonstrates x production ___________ over 2 years for NY, add ____________ .
something like that.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Can’t imagine Stars fan agreeing on that one.

Value might not even be off, but the Stars only need a top 6 forward. They can get one without giving up Heiskanen.

The kid won’t be dealt.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Buchnevich
Andersson
NYR 2nd 2020

for
Heiskanen
Pitlick

Heiskanen is the defense version of like the midway between McDavid & Matthews. A) He will not be traded. B) No 'fair' value will move the needle at all. So keep dreaming.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Not horrible OP, but Zuc commands more and we will want to max return.
----------------

Strategically, I remind this is a great win-win for both sides, just have to get over personal attachments to their guys...

Buchnevich
Andersson
NYR 2nd 2020

for
Heiskanen
Pitlick

Stars get elc replacements for Spezza, Hanzal, makes extending Seguin easy. That alone is totally worth it.
Buch helps immediately, Andy can play like another 8 games, then Dal mgmt can decide if they want to blow 1st elc yr now having him for POs or not.
Stars really solidify Fs so can start to add to backline w/strategic builds.

Rangers bend over, but gamble is Heiskanen is potential 1LD

I like several NYR D prospects, but an add of his stature is significant.
Stock up on young D incl prospects, develop first, choose best pieces to keep, then trade surplus in a seller's market for them, profit.
Chytil is here next year.
We can move guys like Zuc and Nash and more and get more than 1 F coming back, + picks, so we are looking good going forward.

this ^ was a deal mostly liked by Stars fans, thumbs down by Ranger counterparts, small sample opinion return. That was before it became clear NY need to rebuild.
Above helps Dallas w/Cup run and NY with tank/fallin for Dahlin

-------
if teams want they can to a side deal on Nichuskin [sp?]
his rights for NYR 2018 7th + conditional adds
if he signs, add a 6th
if he plays at all, add __________
if he demonstrates x production ___________ over 2 years for NY, add ____________ .
something like that.
Well want in one hand and shit in the other, see which fills up faster. Keep Zucc and we will keep our players. How the hell is Heiskanen a gamble when everyone is saying he is one of the best defensive prospects in years? The selfishness is amazing!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well want in one hand and **** in the other, see which fills up faster. Keep Zucc and we will keep our players. How the hell is Heiskanen a gamble when everyone is saying he is one of the best defensive prospects in years? The selfishness is amazing!

You did not read or consider the post.
Rangers massively overpay.
For them to come out even Heiskanen must be at least all that and a bag of chips. In that sense, he is a gamble.
I am recommending the trade 'cause it is a prudent gamble, but it is still a gamble.
Similarly, Buch + Andersson is a gamble, but a prudent one, for Stars.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Err... This happened less than 5 years ago.
Our owner was just on the radio 2 days ago talking about how he wants to keep our picks this year because 1. He thinks pure rentals are a waste and doesnt see an available player that we could make part of our team long term thanks to cap and 2. The draft being in Dallas + him having his first is important to him and the org

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad