Proposal: DAL/NYR

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yeah, there is an article that states Nill had spoken with Nichushkin last summer, and he expects him back in the beginning of the 2018-2019 season. He wanted Nichushkin to finish his 2 year contract in the KHL before making his way back to Dallas. Unless something drastic happens, he is coming back to Dallas.
That's not really how it worked. Nill didn't want Nichushkin to finish the two year deal. Nill had no say in it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If you're gonna make a claim like That, provide a legitimate source with it that says Nichushkin isn't coming back. As far as I've heard, he's coming back. Not sure where you got this from
Withdrawn.
It was based on his actual disgust, whatever the quotes are, and fact his actions spoke more than words by him going to Russia.
Felt like he was not thrilled with hard ball or any other negative from Dal.

I am today reading you guys feel the whole thing was not pay, not this, not that, it was just only Ruff, and his buh bye has solved it all.
Like I said, if that is the case, terrif for you.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Withdrawn.
It was based on his actual disgust, whatever the quotes are, and fact his actions spoke more than words by him going to Russia.
Felt like he was not thrilled with hard ball or any other negative from Dal.

I am today reading you guys feel the whole thing was not pay, not this, not that, it was just only Ruff, and his buh bye has solved it all.

He admitted it was because of Ruff and that he wouldn't return until he was gone. Ruff is in the NYR coaching staff, you can count on Nichushkin not being traded there for sure because he certainly wouldn't sign

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Oh god just remembered the Rangers have Lindy Ruff in their coaching staff. What a punch to the gut that would be to trade Nichushkin back to the guy who was the reason he left in the first place.
Yes, we expect complete house cleaning from AV down, so he may well go.
But until then, your point is correct.
I forgot that Ruff was such a critical factor of his position.
Thanks for the reminder.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Fans saying it was only Ruff are only using their best wishful thinking to hope Nichushkin comes back happy and ready to give full effort. No one really knows. We do know he hated Ruff. We know that because he ran to Russian press twice while a Star to complain about being unhappy. We know Nichushkin twice asked Nill to trade him while he was a Star.

We also know one of Nichushkin's main complaints was that he wanted to be handed first line and top PP minutes. Maybe he's grown out of that attitude after spending a couple of years being a middling player in the KHL. Who knows. I don't. Those saying Ruff was the sole problem don't. All I do know is Hitch is even less forgiving than Ruff if a player isn't willing to earn their ice time. If Nichushkin couldn't play for Ruff, I don't expect things to be a lot better with Hitch.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
If Ruff was the total problem and chucking him resolves the issue, more power to ya.
No hard one here to get him.
Working on history that he hated the situation, and being absent was not useful.
If you changed that, congrats.

As to Grabs, sorry, while a 1st AND the guy we got would be nicer, I prefer that package to a 1st only [since it was not a 1st from a team likely to surrender an early pick].
Well I was DEFINITELY WRONG about Nash. Helluva return for Rick Nash! Great job by Gorton. Looks like this is the Hanzal trade of the 2018 deadline. Massive overpay by Boston. Ranger fans should be ecstatic.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad