Proposal: DAL-MTL Blockbuster trade Weber/Drouin for Klingberg/Benn

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
As Toront shows? Oh I get it, Toronto doesn't get to be young and develop, Habs have no expectations because they miss the playoffs so they just get to develop and the Leafs suck because they rountinely put an Eastern conference best Boston who is in their prime to 7 games.

Our window is just opening and we're ahead of most of the league, good luck with yours.

Again, that's not what I said. Of course Toronto got to be young.

When Marner, Nylander, and Reilly were 18 and 19 is a better comparable to where Montreal is now though.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If you're not knocking that door down in your rookie year you ain't a 1C. That is the ****in' point

So Jack Hughes isn't a 1c? Bergeron isn't a 1c? Ryan O Reilly isn't a 1c? EP isn't a 1c? Barkov isn't a 1c? Stamkos, Backstrom, Scheifele, Seguin etc have never been 1c?

These are all players that either didn't make the NHL their rookie years or did worse than Kotkaneimi. Not saying he's going to be better than a lot of these names but judging a player from his 18 year like you are is a poor judgement.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
If you're not knocking that door down in your rookie year you ain't a 1C. That is the ****in' point

Joe Thornton rookie season: 55 games played, 7 points.

Patrice Bergeron rookie season: 71 games played, 39 points.

Aleksander Barkov rookie season: 54 games played, 24 points.

Tyler Seguin rookie season: 74 games played, 18 points.

Mark Scheifle rookie season: 64 games played, 34 points

Ryan O'Reilly rookie season, 81 games played, 26 points

Evgeny Kuznetsov rookie season, 80 games played, 37 points

Sean Monohan rookie season 75 games played, 34 points

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
So Jack Hughes isn't a 1c? Bergeron isn't a 1c? Ryan O Reilly isn't a 1c? EP isn't a 1c? Barkov isn't a 1c? Stamkos, Backstrom, Scheifele, Seguin etc have never been 1c?

These are all players that either didn't make the NHL their rookie years or did worse than Kotkaneimi. Not saying he's going to be better than a lot of these names but judging a player from his 18 year like you are is a poor judgement.
Hughes probably

ROR lol no

Berg is

Barkov yeah

Back yeah

Seguin yeah

Scheifle, lol sure is market and contract are adorable is like they are a real franchise in the league

Ok, should I provide a list of rookies that did as good or better than Koktaneimi that failed?

Koke is so can't miss or it's entirely up in the air and reason would suggest he doesn't breakout as more likely.

But this thread, it's epic, I give put Koke in the HoF, he's a beast?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Hughes probably

ROR lol no

Berg is

Barkov yeah

Back yeah

Seguin yeah

Scheifle, lol sure is market and contract are adorable is like they are a real franchise in the league

Ok, should I provide a list of rookies that did as good or better than Koktaneimi that failed?

Koke is so can't miss or it's entirely up in the air and reason would suggest he doesn't breakout as more likely.

Actually please do. I'm curious if you can

Reactions: Theodore450

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hughes probably

ROR lol no

Berg is

Barkov yeah

Back yeah

Seguin yeah

Yes.

Reactions: Theodore450

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
How about Benn and Bishop for Weber and Price? Allows you to move on from Price’s contract.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I didn't shift anything, Bergevin was basically a punch line going into that draft because we knew, I knew, you knew, my dog knew, that he was so desperate for a center that'd he reach with the pick and take whomever the best C available was in the draft. This is uncontroversial but we're online a bit over a year later so history is rewritten to fit, not even a narrative, a fan fantasy. My original comment was that Montreal is soft at center, that is literally a narrative in Habs media but on HF is basically 'hate speech'.

My favorite team hasn't even won a cup in a while so I'm just jealous of a cup Montreal won when I was three and didn't even know what hockey was.

****ing fine, I'll bend the knee to these tiny egos, Montreal has sooooo many ELITE 1Cz from Koko, to Domi, to Drouin, I mean 2/3rds of those talents are also the bestest wingers so Montreal has the best wingers and centers since like the 1970s Montreal Candadans, we're in peak dynasty, Weber is clearly the best young defenseman in the league, the God Emperor is sporting mad fashion.

I'm dumb, you're genius, reality is silly putty you can fashion into anything.

And Boston sucks, they can't draft, so they didn't even make the playoffs last year or win a round because we're in imagination land.

You're comparison of Montreal drafting in the top five and Boston in the mid teens of the first round is so apt, there no difference from drating 3rd overall or 13th overall they are the same pick and have the same trade value.

I'm learning a lot here, thank you this site is just full of high IQ content.

Kock is the best center in league. I know that know and Domi is wasn't even a failure the Yotes moved on from.

I'm just talking semantics though, Montreal is deep and at center the Boston sucks at drafting because I am the one who wants to argue semantics.... holy Christ test your tap water for lead.

But I'm jealous, Montreal won a cup when I was three, when I didn't even know what hockey was, Kirk Muller was such a 1C though.
Lmao this made me laugh. What wrong with you

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Lol yes they do. Plugging in wingers and num 2 centers at best is a gapping hole. Until they get a bonfire num 1 center they have a gaping hole. Mom is a very good option at 2 going forward.

Weird how it's only Leafs fans that are driving this narrative. I mean literally, going through this thread only leaf fans have responded positively to that concept. Every other poster has seen through its crap.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
hey Dallas fans what about Lindell - Heatherington - Faksa for Lehkonen + Byron (1.400 retain) + Mete + Olofsson + Mtl 2nd 2019

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
hey Dallas fans what about Lindell - Heatherington - Faksa for Lehkonen + Byron (1.400 retain) + Mete + Olofsson + Mtl 2nd 2019

Dallas Stars fans crap all over this proposal, which reeks of EA Sports NHL 20 franchise mode by the way.

Lehk, Byron and Mete are good but they're complementary pieces, not core players. They have value but not anywhere near what would be required for Stars fans to be willing to let Lindell, who is one of their true core players and arguably their best defenseman right now, go.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Lindell isn't available for anyone you'd be willing to move. Stars can't replace him

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Because it's so nice not to have that problem as we have TWO franchise centers and we just wanna rub it in. They won't admit it but I will. I love that mtl is thin. I love they haven't had a big franchise center since 4. You can't win without one. Good luck!!!

You can't win with two so we enjoy rubbing that in

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Because it's so nice not to have that problem as we have TWO franchise centers and we just wanna rub it in. They won't admit it but I will. I love that mtl is thin. I love they haven't had a big franchise center since 4. You can't win without one. Good luck!!!

What would a Leafs fan know about winning? You haven't even won a playoff series in your lifetime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad