Proposal: DAL & LA

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Carter has said himself that he would love to stay in LA, but understand this is a business. Plus, im sure any trade involving Carter and Kovy would have to be done with each players consent.
I’m sure Jeff would accept a trade there! And Dallas is pretty damn awesome.. although Nashville might be a more exciting destination for him

Last edited:

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
I’m sure Jeff would accept a trade there! And Dallas is pretty damn awesome.. although Nashville might be a more exciting destination for him
I got nothing against Carter and always liked him but I just don't see him really helping the Stars rn. That contract length on top of his age is just a little too much for me

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
C’mon Dallas, you know you want Carter. We’ll even sweeten the pot by throwing in Derek Forbort. :naughty:

Do it, Jim Nill, do it.

giphy.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
The great thing about Carter is that you can easily slot him in as a dynamic winger if his skills at center ever diminish. He’s a highly effective player when motivated, and something is wrong in this Kings locker room this year, because he ain’t motivated.

A trade to a playoff contender would wake him up. He had 25 points in 26 games for the Kings in 2014... although that was five years ago now. Still, as of last year, he still had “it”.

If Dallas is intered in Carter and Martinez, I could definitely see a trade working out. Kings could likely even retain a bit if necessary.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Problem with Carter is that he is not motivated anymore.

Dude can still play if he wants.

He has two cups, signed his contract years ago and meanwhile other players with a lesser skillset than him earn just as much or even more. Sometimes I wonder if he regrets that deal.

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
The great thing about Carter is that you can easily slot him in as a dynamic winger if his skills at center ever diminish. He’s a highly effective player when motivated, and something is wrong in this Kings locker room this year, because he ain’t motivated.

A trade to a playoff contender would wake him up. He had 25 points in 26 games for the Kings in 2014... although that was five years ago now. Still, as of last year, he still had “it”.

If Dallas is intered in Carter and Martinez, I could definitely see a trade working out. Kings could likely even retain a bit if necessary.
I’d be 100% for Martinez but still think it’s a pass on Carter, if you guys are willing to Package Toffoli I don’t see the Stars having an issue when it comes to fair value in return

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Carter and Martinez
for
Nischukin, DAL 1st, Robertson and Honka,

Something along those lines......adjust where needed for cap

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Carter and Martinez
for
Nischukin, DAL 1st, Robertson and Honka,

Something along those lines......adjust where needed for cap

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Yeah we’ll get right on that :shakehead

Of course you wouldn't. Just like LA doesn't want to move Toffoli.

Must have missed the part about fair value not dream value

I never said anything about value. I only said that Toffoli wouldn't be moved except for something major. The only major option that fits LA would be Heiskanen. Didn't say anything else about an actual trade.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I never said anything about value. I only said that Toffoli wouldn't be moved except for something major. The only major option that fits LA would be Heiskanen. Didn't say anything else about an actual trade.

Uh huh, and while we're playing "pretend GMs with bad proposals", I'll trade you six grapes for Anze Kopitar.

Not saying anything about value. :sarcasm:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

I get it, but Heiskanen has as many points as a 19 year old defenceman as Toffoli does this year so bringing him into it is just dumb.

Reactions: King'sPawn

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Uh huh, and while we're playing "pretend GMs with bad proposals", I'll trade you six grapes for Anze Kopitar.

Not saying anything about value. :sarcasm:

Deal but only for the Green Grapes :sarcasm:

I get it, but Heiskanen has as many points as a 19 year old defenceman as Toffoli does this year so bringing him into it is just dumb.

I'd hope so with how bad the Kings are this year. LA's top scorer will be hoping to get 60 points this year. That's after coming off a 92 point season and being in the MVP race.

Dude, that is just ridiculous.

:snide:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Deal but only for the Green Grapes :sarcasm:

I'd hope so with how bad the Kings are this year. LA's top scorer will be hoping to get 60 points this year. That's after coming off a 92 point season and being in the MVP race.

:snide:

The Kings have nine less goals than the Stars we are just as bad offensively.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

Why? What is so great about Toffoli? I get that you like the player but your ask is strange. Your GM would trade him for way less. It may take a 1st and a b prospect. Nothing close to what you just said. It’s also not up to your crazy ideas.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Toffoli is not being moved unless something major is coming back *cough* Heiskanen *cough*

Yeah, not even in the same ballpark. That’d be like trading Doughty for Hanzal and Johns.

Toffoli is probably available, but a package of Toffoli and Martinez is likely going to cost a 1st and a pretty good prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad