Proposal: DAL & LA

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh

Then in his last post on the athletic he kind of went into detail just a tad bit more.

"Of note: Kings senior pro scout Rob Laird has watched each of the past two Stars games. Could mean nothing, could mean something."

So it kind of had me thinking what do you guys think it would cost for Dallas to get Toffoli and Martinez

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Toffoli most likely isn’t being moved, according to a few Kings insiders, unless the the offer is too good to pass up. He’s at probably his lowest value and next year is a contract year for him so expecting better play.

Not sure if the Kings still plan on moving Martinez now that Muzzin is gone. Who knows though.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I wonder if Dallas has interest in Kovalchuk. Having Radulov would help with transitioning him in; not to mention Dallas has a pressing need for additional scoring. Maybe Hanzal and a pick for Kovalchuk, which gives Kings cap relief and center depth (if Hanzal can ever get healthy) in the event they trade Carter.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wonder if Dallas has interest in Kovalchuk. Having Radulov would help with transitioning him in; not to mention Dallas has a pressing need for additional scoring. Maybe Hanzal and a pick for Kovalchuk, which gives Kings cap relief and center depth (if Hanzal can ever get healthy) in the event they trade Carter.

I wouldn't mind that, depending on which pick it is.

Can we give LA Nichushkin as well?

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
Toffoli most likely isn’t being moved, according to a few Kings insiders, unless the the offer is too good to pass up. He’s at probably his lowest value and next year is a contract year for him so expecting better play.

Not sure if the Kings still plan on moving Martinez now that Muzzin is gone. Who knows though.
I know he probably isn’t being moved but knowing Nill he usually doesn’t go for pure rentals so I wouldn’t be surprised if he was trying to “wow” the kings with an offer for Toffoli. He knows his job is on the line and as far as forwards go he’s the only somewhat realistic one that makes sense. I don’t see Kovy doing much for the Stars

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I wouldn't mind that, depending on which pick it is.

Can we give LA Nichushkin as well?

The Kings will have some cap space for a couple years, but to take guys like Hanzal or Nichuskin at least a first would have to be coming back.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Hard pass from Dallas

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So let’s say Toffoli is an option, what kind of value would the kings looking for in return?

I doubt the Kings trade him.

Also, because I've got time on my hands today, I got to thinking that Dallas hasn't had many "T" players (last name) go through town in a while.

Did some sleuthing and the last one was Tim Thomas, six seasons ago. :laugh:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LordJamieBenn

Feb 26, 2015
Dallas/Pittsburgh
a 1st, which is why he wont be moved. his value is low and there is a surplus of wingers.
Maybe not straight up but I could see them also looking at Martinez, so I’d be more than willing to part with the first rounder, young roster player, and a higher end prospect if a package for both could be worked out

KingKempe9

Feb 18, 2019
your owner still want rid of Benn (I know fans likely don't)
what would you want for Benn - bearing in mind Salary would need to come back
Benn for Martinez, Toffolli and Phaneuf (Dallas could add another player who is a cap dump - no value)
what picks would need to be added

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Benn for Martinez, Toffolli and Phaneuf (Dallas could add another player who is a cap dump - no value)
Is Dallas throwing in the towel?
I don't see the Kings having the assests to pull off such a trade

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Well that's quite the assumption to make, don't you think?

Jim Lites called out Benn and Seguin, like two months ago, because they were playing poorly and it reflected in the team's performance.

He's not the owner of the Dallas Stars.

I don't think Tom Gaglardi is looking to move his captain any time soon. :dunno:

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

The Kings are not in any position to be making trades for guys like Benn. When your rebuilding/retooling you won’t be making moves for big time players.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Benn is a hell of a player, and I remember arguing with Team Canada fans about his inclusion on the 2014 Olympic team (a fair portion didn't recognize his studliness), but there's no way he's part of the King's future.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Kovalchuk for Hanzal and Polak. Dallas uses an extra $200k in cap space, which they have.

Dallas gets rid of a problem contract and gains a parter for Radulov in a playoff run; Kings get rid of the third year of that Kovalchuk deal without having to retain.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
Kovalchuk for Hanzal and Polak. Dallas uses an extra $200k in cap space, which they have.

Dallas gets rid of a problem contract and gains a parter for Radulov in a playoff run; Kings get rid of the third year of that Kovalchuk deal without having to retain.

Not sure we could move Polak.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
The owner doesnt want to be rid of Benn, he wants him to play like Jamie Benn. And I can promise you Dinosaur Phaneuf wont end up in Dallas

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Carter @ 50%, Martinez, for 1st, Janmark, Honka and one of our AHL forwards who isn't a trainwreck?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad