Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] F Matt Duchene signs with the Stars (1 year, $3M)

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
He’s looked good but his line with Seguin and Marchment have no chemistry. Wish we could shoot Marchment into the sun and bring up one of the kids (Stankhoven or Bourque) to play with him.

Stankhoven and Bourque have had great chemistry to start in the AHL and would love to see the both of them with Duchene but that won’t happen this early into the season.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Last night I think maybe as soon as the next shift after moving Marchment to the 4th line and put Dadonov with Seguin and Duchene, Dadonov scored off an assist from Duchene (first point). Duchene has looked good, still has wheels, and is even a lot bigger than I remember him.

Reactions: hn777

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would be surprised if Duchene ever really develops "chemistry" per se with any linemates. I can't think of it ever happening in Nashville. But he still was fast and produced pretty well the last couple years. He just prefers to do things himself for the most part, so to me his style doesn't really rely on chemistry. :dunno:

Glad if his finger is fine, that seemed like a gruesome injury at the end of last year and we were wondering if it would affect his game going forward.

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
He looks good. Still getting comfortable. Him and Seguin should be fine. Marchment is just not it anymore. Got his bag which I can't hate but should be on the 4th line only.

Reactions: hn777 and piqued

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would be surprised if Duchene ever really develops "chemistry" per se with any linemates. I can't think of it ever happening in Nashville. But he still was fast and produced pretty well the last couple years. He just prefers to do things himself for the most part, so to me his style doesn't really rely on chemistry. :dunno:

Glad if his finger is fine, that seemed like a gruesome injury at the end of last year and we were wondering if it would affect his game going forward.

Same thing in Ottawa actually.

The only players he had "chemistry, with were random guys playing on his line like Dzingel. He would never have chemistry with better players for some reason.

I think it's because he plays a very selfish game. He drives the play with speed and takes shots. He doesn't play the type of game that really uses his teammates effectively.

Still a good player but I always thought he played a lot more like a winger than a center.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
His stats don't reflect his strong play so far. Has been noticeable all over the ice.

They put Dadonov on his line last night and scored quickly, think there will be some jostling to find the linemate that suit, it's likely he is paired with Seguin most of the year so adding the winger which compliments them will be the focus.

Alot of Stars fans wishing they would call up Stankovan as he has started the AHL season hot and appears ready..but unlikely.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Last night I think maybe as soon as the next shift after moving Marchment to the 4th line and put Dadonov with Seguin and Duchene, Dadonov scored off an assist from Duchene (first point). Duchene has looked good, still has wheels, and is even a lot bigger than I remember him.
I think he's 6'3'' now

Reactions: HairyKneel

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wild signed a "washed up" Eric Stall to a 3 mil a year contract in 2016, and he performed to a similar level. The Wild's deal was better, because Stall score 42 goals in year 2 of what I believe was a 3 year deal.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Same thing in Ottawa actually.

The only players he had "chemistry, with were random guys playing on his line like Dzingel. He would never have chemistry with better players for some reason.

I think it's because he plays a very selfish game. He drives the play with speed and takes shots. He doesn't play the type of game that really uses his teammates effectively.

Still a good player but I always thought he played a lot more like a winger than a center.
Niklas Hagman was that kind of player too. He had some chemistry with Jokinen, but generally got better when playing with bad or average players who he gelled with

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
He played great against the Canucks wagon last night. Avs must be killing themselves, they could've resigned him. Built-in chemistry with Mack and the fan base, and fills the giant gaping hole at 2C. Instead they got RyJo and had to play Mack Rant Makar 26+ minutes each night.

Ledge And Dairy

He played great against the Canucks wagon last night. Avs must be killing themselves, they could've resigned him. Built-in chemistry with Mack and the fan base, and fills the giant gaping hole at 2C. Instead they got RyJo and had to play Mack Rant Makar 26+ minutes each night.
A player has to actually want to sign somewhere for a team to sign them. IIRC there was a lot of bad blood between him and Colorado when he left

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
No they’re not. Avs fans remember how checked out and miserable he was heading into his trade to Ottawa. The most he hustled that season was when he left the arena mid game because of the trade.

I’m glad he’s having such a solid season, but no regrets for the Avs not making the signing.

Reactions: bh53

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Nobody from management to coaches to fans ever want to see Duchene in an Avalanche jersey again.

Built-in chemistry with MacK? Why? Based on what?

Boy oh boy you don’t know the history there.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Nobody from management to coaches to fans ever want to see Duchene in an Avalanche jersey again.

Built-in chemistry with MacK? Why? Based on what?

Boy oh boy you don’t know the history there.
judging from the passionate response from all the avs fans, apparently not. I thought he played well for the most part with the organisation. I didnt know there was that much bad blood. I remember Mack had nothing bad to say about "Dutchy", just that he wanted to play in the playoffs, and his departure set you guys up with 2 giant pieces for the cup. Players just want to win. he will sign whenever they can win for the right money for the right term.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean the Preds didn't let him go due to a lack of production so it's not that surprising for most of us, we figured he would do pretty well. Add in the fact he is playing knowing he can get another multi year deal and its even less surprising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad