Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] F Matt Duchene signs with the Stars (1 year, $3M)

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Good signing. Duchene loves country music and remain close to Nashville without paying taxes.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Miro Heiskanen effect. Playing hockey couldn't be any easier for teammate when Heiskanen covers all your mistakes 30 mins per game and delivers elite playmaking at same time

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is the second time the Devils have opened up cap for a team to sign Matt Duchene by trading for a RHD. :laugh:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gonna be the steal of Free Agency. Because Nashville were so kind as to still pay him a ton of money to go to a deeper team to try to compete for a Cup.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I dunno how this signing isn't getting as much attention. I think it's the best of the day. Duchene is easily worth more and signed a discount deal on a very team friendly term. Legit top six center too.

Reactions: olli and piqued

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
It's crazy how beloved this player is on this site when all that's followed him team wise through a decade+ long career is crystallised mediocrity.

Perhaps they can load all of Duchene, Seguin and Benn on a single line for an unparalleled overload of douchebag nostalgia.

This line could even have a hat-trick of their own: first Benn crosschecks someone in the neck, then Seguin injures himself while whiffing on an open net, and finally Duchene celebrates an inconsequential goal with a fist pump with the game already out of reach.

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
Difference is that he's the 5th or 6th best forward on Dallas. That lets them us him to his strengths better than he has usually seen in his career.

Reactions: JeffP and LT

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Can't fault Dallas for grabbing Duchene for 1 year at 3m. That's a no brainer. Clearly a team who's a contender with a core of Hintz, Robertson, Heiskanen and Oettinger.

The Benn and Seguins deals were kinda holding them back (yes they both produce but combined almost 19m in cap) so having Pavelski, Duchene on value deals helps balance that out.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Should have seen this coming. What a coup for Dallas to get him for this price and make a one more big run. I bet that Duchene will be invigorated playing on a team expected to contend for the Cup. They still could use defense help though if you ask me.

Reactions: JeffP

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I dunno how this signing isn't getting as much attention. I think it's the best of the day. Duchene is easily worth more and signed a discount deal on a very team friendly term. Legit top six center too.
He hasn't played Center in years. If he is playing center in your top 6 you've got some bigger issues.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He hasn't played Center in years. If he is playing center in your top 6 you've got some bigger issues.

He will definitely be a winger for the Stars on Seguin's line. Probably will take some faceoffs though

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He will definitely be a winger for the Stars on Seguin's line. Probably will take some faceoffs though

Yes. Dallas had two RWs on the roster (Pavelski and Dellandrea) before (re-)signing Dadonov and Duchene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad