Confirmed with Link: [DAL/DET] Erik Cole + 3rd for Mattias Backman + Mattias Janmark + 2nd

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Replacements for Faksa and one of the existing D prospects to get a vet blue liner?

I hope not. Won't do us much good now, that trade needed to be made a couple weeks ago.

Maybe in the offseason, but not now.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
The Wings have had very good success with prospects graduating to the NHL recently, plus finding a couple guys that were never drafted in Dekeyser and Glendening. I think they don't mind parting with some of these guys because there's no way they can crack the Wings roster any time soon. Jarnkrok being dealt last year at the deadline was probably similar issue.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
We give up a 2nd and 2 prospects for Spezza.

We get a 2nd and 2 prospects for Cole (okay and a conditional 3rd that is definitely going their way)

Jim Nill 4 Ever

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We give up a 2nd and 2 prospects for Spezza.

We get a 2nd and 2 prospects for Cole (okay and a conditional 3rd that is definitely going their way)

Jim Nill 4 Ever

Chiasson + Cole + 3rd for Spezza, basically.

That's a great deal for us no matter how you spin it.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I was surprised and honestly a little disappointed that Wings dealt Janmark. He has developed well and is on a steady trajectory. He's the prospect I'm most excited about among Frölunda players and there's plenty of draft picks in that organisation; Erik Gustavsson and Andreas Jonson being the most talked about. Keep an eye on him come SHL playoffs. He's very gifted.

As a side note; John Klingberg and Erik Karlsson also developed in Frölunda before leaving for NA.

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Went to the Wings board, and they seem happy with Cole, hustle, speed, hits, 3 assists and a bunch of near goals, but no actual goals yet.

sounds like he is playing just the same way he played for us, still trying to earn that next contract. No word on whether there would be any interest from the Wings. I think someone will sign him next year, probably with an offer of one year, him holding out for two, a la Ray Whitney.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Sorry to bump an old thread. But what's the deal with Janmark? Any word on if/when he'll be coming over?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not if you've seen him play.

Look, you can pull that card all you wish. Nobody had him penciled in the Stars lineup or even venturing across the pond until next season.

But.... you (apparently) did! We all bow to you, prophet.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Look, you can pull that card all you wish. Nobody had him penciled in the Stars lineup or even venturing across the pond until next season.

It was obvious judging from his performance in Frölunda last season that he had a very good chance of making it. I base that solely on his performance and have little if any knowledge of other prospects in Dallas and who was next in line.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
How has he looked so far? Will have to keep an eye on him on opening night (Pens play in Dallas). Hopefully my center ice is working. :)
I'm not the right person to write you a scouting report but I can tell you that he is a difference maker. Arguably one of the best players in Frölunda in the regular season and in the SHL playoffs he elevated his play and would blow me away at times. Was thoroughly impressed by how smart he was and how he would find his way infront of the net. I've seen him drive to the net and create scoring chances from nowhere but I don't consider him a flashy player. Main strengths are his passing ability and his wrister. Just a smart and skilled player who does not shy away from dirty areas. This is just from memory, I haven't seen him play since last season, so take it for what it is.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
This is how TDL trades are supposed to work out...the non playoff team gets a younger roster player who can contribute soon. I was sorry that Cole played a few good games for DET and then got hurt. Would have made the trade perfect had he helped them to round 2 or 3.

I presumed Nil knew exactly what he was getting. How far away, if at all, is the other Matty obtained in this trade?

It also appears to me this is sort of a Ryan Garbutt upgrade, vis a vis speed and offensive skill. Not to mention hockey sense, of which RG had little. I doubt he will be much of an agitator, though.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm

When Satan calls you a prophet, its special! =)

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
When Satan calls you a prophet, its special! =)

I.. am ... GOD!

;)

I don't think he could have made a much better introduction for himself. Janmark could very well be a nice surprise for many. Happy for him.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Could prove to be costly this trade for the DRW, Janmark have an offensive upside, he could become better than the Wings thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad