Confirmed with Link: [DAL/DET] Erik Cole + 3rd for Mattias Backman + Mattias Janmark + 2nd

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Fixed. I think Nill understands hockey talent, no?

I will say that I am so negative sometimes that the first words I thought of as he scored were "Fabian Brunnstrom."

Don't you put that evil on him Ricky Bobby!!!

Lol not gonna lie, I had the same thought. Pretty sure any rookie that scores in his first game for the Stars will bring back memories of Brunnstrom. I still have an autographed Brunnstrom puck on my mantle btw.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Could prove to be costly this trade for the DRW, Janmark have an offensive upside, he could become better than the Wings thought.

How do you figure it's going to be costly for Detroit? Detroit knew he Janmark had an offensive upside but the rumour was he wasnt going to come to NA to play in the AHL. This was the same with Jarnkrok and Backman. Detroit is in a very strong position prospect wise and because of that isnt going to tolerate kids telling them where they are going to play them. I wish success to those three prospects but those trades are hardly costly for Detroit.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How do you figure it's going to be costly for Detroit? Detroit knew he Janmark had an offensive upside but the rumour was he wasnt going to come to NA to play in the AHL. This was the same with Jarnkrok and Backman. Detroit is in a very strong position prospect wise and because of that isnt going to tolerate kids telling them where they are going to play them. I wish success to those three prospects but those trades are hardly costly for Detroit.

I think its safe to say he would've made the Wings coming out of camp this year. They traded him along with two other decent pieces for 3 games of Cole.

One of those "hindsight is 20/20" trades. Looking back, its pretty bad. At the time though, it seemed pretty even.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
:laugh: @ random wings fans coming here to say how little they miss Janmark

Happy with Janmark?

Good offense, good defense. Not sure if he'll be a center in the near future, but even a position change hasn't really slowed him down. Just the kind of 2 way forward we need desperately.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think its safe to say he would've made the Wings coming out of camp this year. They traded him along with two other decent pieces for 3 games of Cole.

One of those "hindsight is 20/20" trades. Looking back, its pretty bad. At the time though, it seemed pretty even.

Actually he wouldnt have made the Wings out of camp. Larkin made the team out of camp and would have had they still had Janmark

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
:laugh: @ random wings fans coming here to say how little they miss Janmark

Good offense, good defense. Not sure if he'll be a center in the near future, but even a position change hasn't really slowed him down. Just the kind of 2 way forward we need desperately.

I didnt say how little we miss Janmark. I responded to one of your posters saying it was going to hurt Detroit which it isnt. I wished Janmark success.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The trade sort of reminded me of all the talent (mostly in the form of first round picks) that Armstrong gave up for the last shot in the Mo and Zubie years. We never got anywhere with our rental additions, even if they did play in the playoffs. Too many of those hopeful trades, and even a deep cupboard can go bare, although it appears the Wings do have more prospect depth than Gainey and Armstrong were ever able to develop.

So far, Nil has used his depth to get NHL vets and his NHL vets to get depth. Shrewd moves all. How many players are common to Stars opening nights in 12 and 15? Benn, Kari, Jo Benn, and who else? Don't recall when Scevior came up.

Team has been totally made over by Nill, albeit, using some prospects Niewy drafted, like JK, JJ, Nemeth, etc., too.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
So far, Nil has used his depth to get NHL vets and his NHL vets to get depth. Shrewd moves all. How many players are common to Stars opening nights in 12 and 15? Benn, Kari, Jo Benn, and who else? Don't recall when Scevior came up.
Vern, Goligoski and Eakin too. And technically Kari aswell, even though he wasn't on the ice opening night this year, he was part of the first game squad. And Scevs was a healthy scratch. In both games...

But yeah, pretty different looking team nowadays.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I didnt say how little we miss Janmark. I responded to one of your posters saying it was going to hurt Detroit which it isnt. I wished Janmark success.

I wonder why you are here at all then? This has got to be the emptiest team board on HF, 90% of the posts are fantasy chatter from elsewhere. The only breaking news here is that Janmark fanboys exist, they are NOT surprised he is playing well, and indeed they predicted it all along.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Vern, Goligoski and Eakin too. And technically Kari aswell, even though he wasn't on the ice opening night this year, he was part of the first game squad. And Scevs was a healthy scratch. In both games...

Thanks, I knew I was missing a few, but Cody Eakin for Ribs was a nice trade by Niewy, too, even as Ribs manages to play through his legal trouble in NSH. Goli, an okay trade (not well liked) and Fids, a nice UFA pickup.

Still, that is only 6 of 22 players on the NHL roster (plus a few draft picks that would have made it anyway, JJ and JK, maybe Ritchie) Its at least a 60% turnover in three years, and I doubt you could say any of the guys now are worse talent wise than the guys they replaced in the lineup.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I wonder why you are here at all then? This has got to be the emptiest team board on HF, 90% of the posts are fantasy chatter from elsewhere. The only breaking news here is that Janmark fanboys exist, they are NOT surprised he is playing well, and indeed they predicted it all along.

I came here because I wanted to see what Dallas fans were saying about Janmark because I noticed he got off to a good start.

tempusfugitwf

Jul 10, 2014

Losing an NHL ready player like Janmark will always hurt. Giving away an asset that could help your team, either through trade or on the ice, for 3 rental games of a veteran player, is poor asset management, and detrimental to your organization. This is all in hindsight of course, but to act like it has zero effect on the DRW is just bluster

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

Got to looking at this a bit more. Jamie Benn, Goli and Kari are the only ones you would say are "top tier" players, maybe Eakin. With Vern, Scevior, Jo Benn, etc. it means Nill thought our 3rd pair and 4th line were acceptable, but our top line talent was basically phttt. Add, Seguin, Nuke, Spezz, Hemsky, Sharp at FW, and bring up the young D that has been sitting there for a while.

I guess not much different than the '99 Stars, who had basically Modano and Jere at forward, and added Hull, Niewy, Verbeek, Keane, Guy, Langenbrunner via draft, etc. etc. etc. to totally rebuild a bad team to a good one. And, perhaps more germane to this team, added Zubie, Sydor, and Chambers at D, starting with a maturing Hatcher and Mattie and the vet Ludwig.

After a few games, it still seems as if we need one more true stud D to be a top team.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

I STRONGLY disagree.. Larkin is the only kid to really make it this year out of camp because he has a disgusting camp. Jarnmark, who has been a ray of sunshine, I highly doubt would have over-performed like Larkin did. But who knows. Wing fans like me were whining for a year after we saw Jarnkrok play in Nashville. Now he barely plays 11 mins a night and doesn't do anything offensively.. so who knows?

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Detroit would have had a battle with Jurco and Pulkkinen for a spot, would he have made it on their roster we will never know, but he was given a very fair shot at Dallas' roster and has never looked back. Happy to have him, unfortunate the trade didn't work out for Detroit as well, but I'm very happy with the return for Cole.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I STRONGLY disagree.. Larkin is the only kid to really make it this year out of camp because he has a disgusting camp. Jarnmark, who has been a ray of sunshine, I highly doubt would have over-performed like Larkin did. But who knows. Wing fans like me were whining for a year after we saw Jarnkrok play in Nashville. Now he barely plays 11 mins a night and doesn't do anything offensively.. so who knows?

Funny enough, I never liked Järnkrok. Couldn't for the life of me understand why he was selected for the NT.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Funny enough, I never liked Järnkrok. Couldn't for the life of me understand why he was selected for the NT.

Actually Calle is considered the smartest player with the most hockey sense on the team by both Laviolette and Poile. He's been incredible on the PK and is never ever caught in the wrong position. I think he'll be a late bloomer that hasn't quite figured out the offensive side to his game just yet. He still needs to add some muscle to his frame but he's been a plus in a lot of ways besides the scoresheet.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pretty sure half of this thread is outside fans.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Actually Calle is considered the smartest player with the most hockey sense on the team by both Laviolette and Poile. He's been incredible on the PK and is never ever caught in the wrong position. I think he'll be a late bloomer that hasn't quite figured out the offensive side to his game just yet. He still needs to add some muscle to his frame but he's been a plus in a lot of ways besides the scoresheet.

All those things might be true but it does not negate the fact that he drew a penalty off of a high-sticking in the playoff series against Frölunda that never took place. It was one of the most disgusting dives I've ever seen and it won them the game and the series. May he forever rot on an AHL bench. That, and he's been useless offensively ever since that series. It's good that it has cursed him.

EDIT: I forgot the smiley face ;)

But no, he won't be an impact player. Don't see it.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
All those things might be true but it does not negate the fact that he drew a penalty off of a high-sticking in the playoff series against Frölunda that never took place. It was one of the most disgusting dives I've ever seen and it won them the game and the series. May he forever rot on an AHL bench. That, and he's been useless offensively ever since that series. It's good that it has cursed him.

EDIT: I forgot the smiley face ;)

But no, he won't be an impact player. Don't see it.

Why are we talking about Jarnkrok in this thread?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why are we talking about Jarnkrok in this thread?

Remember when we waived Connauton last yr and people expressed feelings such as "we miss him" "we never gave him a chance" etc

well Jarnkrok fits that bill for Wings fans, except he was traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->