Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Corey Perry signs with the Stars (1 year, $1.5M)

LASTAR

Mar 9, 2004
I really like it. He can't be worse than Nichuskin in any way

Overly simplistic statement here - with regards to goal scoring and points this statement is dead on.

When it comes to skating and defensive play he is as bad as you will see in the NHL this coming season. Based on Perry's performance over the last 2 years he will be the slowest Star on the ice by about 20%, and he continues to show little to no interest in playing in the d-zone most of the time.

As a ducks season ticket holder for 12 years, I was surprised that the team was willing to spend the money on the buyout. The ducks forwards last year were full of AHL quality players, and amongst this group, he was able to do nothing.

I think it is 50/50 that he makes the stars roster going into the season.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Probably signed in Dallas over TBL for the opportunity to play against Anaheim more times.

Honestly though, I could see it. Perry seems like the vengeful type.

Reactions: SharksFan1

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m a Ducks fan too.
I’m fine with buying him out,
But I also believe he will be way better than many think. He’s an underrated passer, and a year later, with better rehab and training than in the past he will play to prove a point and be effective. My guess. Never been wrong ....

More than 5-6 times a day:naughty:

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Low risk with that contract but I think Stars fans are WAY overrating this pickup. Perry's been a shell of his former self for several years. The idea that he's a good guy in the room or coming to play with buddies is slightly laughable. He's one of the most despised players in the league. I was flabbergasted when the Ducks gave him an A.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
What I find the most interesting about all of this, is it looks like Dallas is yet another team, saying, "Maybe we don't need speed."

It's crazy, just looking at the recent draft, and some of the moves, and more successful teams in the playoffs... all that emphasis of "skating" seems to have fallen on deaf ears with a number of organizations. Pavelski and Perry aren't fast at all. The Dallas top 6 got a lot more skilled, but a lot slower. I like it though, not that I necessarily agree with with this strategy, but I like how teams are trying different ways to win.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What I find the most interesting about all of this, is it looks like Dallas is yet another team, saying, "Maybe we don't need speed."

It's crazy, just looking at the recent draft, and some of the moves, and more successful teams in the playoffs... all that emphasis of "skating" seems to have fallen on deaf ears with a number of organizations. Pavelski and Perry aren't fast at all. The Dallas top 6 got a lot more skilled, but a lot slower. I like it though, not that I necessarily agree with with this strategy, but I like how teams are trying different ways to win.

Not sure dropping Spezza and Ritchie and adding Pavelski and Perry is much of a difference in the speed category.

Certainly we didn't get faster, but if you look at the lines I think there is a balance of a speed guy, a power guy, and a creator type player.

Hintz can fly, Gurianov can fly, Seguin/Janmark/Cogliano/Dickinson can skate. The rest of the team is pretty average and the two new additions are below average.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I think the teams game mostly revolves around speed for the most part, even with these moves. As MrHeiskanen said, we dropped 2 slow guys in Ritchie and Spezza and signed 2 in Pavelski and Perry. The team will likely get even faster with Gurianov and the possible addition of Dellandrea. There's several guys on the team that are amongst some of fastest players in the NHL

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Not sure dropping Spezza and Ritchie and adding Pavelski and Perry is much of a difference in the speed category.

Certainly we didn't get faster, but if you look at the lines I think there is a balance of a speed guy, a power guy, and a creator type player.

Hintz can fly, Gurianov can fly, Seguin/Janmark/Cogliano/Dickinson can skate. The rest of the team is pretty average and the two new additions are below average.

I agree there are some speedsters on this team. I have been a major proponent of players like Hintz for 2-3 seasons largely in part to the skating. But I feel like for the most part this is a team who could be the slowest in the league collectively, but I'm again saying, I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing.

The team also added Sekera, who is slow. They resigned Fedun, who is not fast. Polak is slow. Benn's lost a step, and I'd argue he is slower than Pavelski. Comeau's not fleet of foot. I'd argue that there's between 8-10 players on this current squad who are below the league average when it comes to skating. And a number of the Stars prospects have had skating issues. Robertson and Felhaber come to mind. Again, I don't necessarily think this is bad, this is not Olympic speed skating, I just find it interesting that more teams are doing this. And quite frankly as I said before I like that teams are trying different ways to win.

Reactions: valente317

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad