Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Corey Perry signs with the Stars (1 year, $1.5M)

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I love compete level and Perry is a competitor. But he’s also a POS and I’ve hated him since him London Knights days. Hopefully him on a team I’m a fan of will change my mind but it’s doubtful. Glad it’s a one year deal.

You come to love these type of players, they will go through a wall for you.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Honestly, best deal of FA if the guy scores 20 goals. With Benn/Seguin/Radulov/Maybe Pavelski that's pretty reasonable...

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Odd destination not in terms of lineup or a roster fit, but more so that the rumored destinations for him had leafs, Oilers, preds etc. I must've missed Dallas having interest in him. Thought they were gonna go after a different winger than Perry but for 1.5 mill that's a good deal

Really... I thought Dallas was the first place linked to him with it possibly his preferred destination.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Which I appreciate. I just don’t like his stick work. Don’t even mind any dumb penalties. Just own up for what you do on the ice. Perry never really has.

Jamie Benn has ball tickled many people. Cross checked that Edmonton guy when he was completely defenseless.

Roussel constantly crossed the line.

But.. since those guys are on your team its all fine and dandy and you love them.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
And will be 35 in two weeks. Ask Toronto how things went with Marleau.

His 1st season was fine. His 2nd season not so much, but it could've been his playing time as much as his age. We'll see if there's anything left next season after he rejoins SJ

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
It seems like the Central is trying to collect every asshole player in the league and have them go at it.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If this is true, this wont end up well for them.
But, i still see this a rumor nothing more.

Perry recently bought the most expensive house from London, Ontario
and all of the sudden he goes to Dallas, Texas????....

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3rd line role player at best, most likely 4th line (if this rumor becomes reality)
give him 6-8 5 on 5 minutes, 3-4 PP minutes a game, could give Dallas 10-15 goals, 20-25 points in 60-70 games.

This (possible) signing makes zero sense.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
3rd line role player at best, most likely 4th line (if this rumor becomes reality)
give him 6-8 5 on 5 minutes, 3-4 PP minutes a game, could give Dallas 10-15 goals, 20-25 points in 60-70 games.

This (possible) signing makes zero sense.

You're really out to lunch on this one. We're loving this signing and even more so at $1.5m for 1 year.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Jon Bonham

Jun 24, 2019
What a f***ing joke. That's what you do in your offseason?

What do you do when your favorite team signs your least favorite player ever, especially after said player is an embarrassment of his former self?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ah well, good signing.

Was hoping the NHL was going to see a couple shifts a this year with Marchand and Perry on the ice together. Can you imagine the chirping?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
What a ****ing joke. That's what you do in your offseason?

What do you do when your favorite team signs your least favorite player ever, especially after said player is an embarrassment of his former self?

It's a cheap one year deal, relax man. Nill basically bought out Nuchiskin and replaced him with a cheaper winger that will more then likely score at least one goal

Theres a chance Perry bounces back and scores 20. Why not take that risk?

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If this is true, this wont end up well for them.
But, i still see this a rumor nothing more.

Perry recently bought the most expensive house from London, Ontario
and all of the sudden he goes to Dallas, Texas????....

Let me guess because I’m incredibly smart- this would be a great move if he signed with the Leafs. Right?

Reactions: Kipper 17

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
For that price it's a great deal for the Stars on a prove it contract. Would gladly take Perry at that term and cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad