Proposal: (DAL-COL): Barrie+4th Round Pick for 2017 3OA+2nd Round Pick

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Barrie: 50% UFA

Ghost: 50% UFA but undeniably worse than Barrie (I know you're a blind hater but Barrie would have never been healthy scratched this year on any team including the flyers)

Klingberg: 28% UFA
Reilly: 33% UFA
Klinberg: 28% UFA
klefbom: 28% UFA

Attack sakic for giving a bridge all you want but Barrie is clearly market value for his age/contract

Klingberg was healthy scratched once I believe as a wakeup. It doesn't always mean a lot in the big picture.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Barrie: 50% UFA

Ghost: 50% UFA but undeniably worse than Barrie (I know you're a blind hater but Barrie would have never been healthy scratched this year on any team including the flyers)

Klingberg: 28% UFA
Reilly: 33% UFA
Klinberg: 28% UFA
klefbom: 28% UFA

Attack sakic for giving a bridge all you want but Barrie is clearly market value for his age/contract

Bringing up Ghost being a healthy scratch a couple of times this year goes to show just how little you know about the player and his situation. If you knew anything about him you would know that situation was not a negative reflection on him what so ever, but the coach rather. You are also denying the fact that both Ghost and Barrie are smallish offensive defenseman who make their mark on the score sheet and that Ghost has been the more productive player over the last two years since he entered the league.

Also, I am not hating on Barrie, or attacking Sakic at all. I am simply pointing out facts. Your defensive attitude tells me all I need to know about how you really feel about the situation and that you just won't admit to yourself that Barrie is overpaid.

This is all fine with me however. As a Flyers fans I am thrilled to have Ghost who is a comparable player to Barrie, making 1 million less per year in terms of AAV on a 6 year deal. Just don't expect people to think Barrie's contract is "great value" and adds to his trade value and should help justify him being worth the 3rd overall pick. That is where this entire argument began. The idea that Barrie is worth the 3rd overall pick, AND a 2nd for a 4th (even in this draft) is one of the more unrealistic trade proposals I have seen on this forum in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad