Trade: [DAL/BKN] Kyrie Irving and Markieff Morris for Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith, 2029 1st round pick, 2027 and 2029 2nd round picks

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
nets would be dumb to trade KD unless they''re looking to rebuild

they've got a pretty deep team even without kyrie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

not surprising that he didn't want to deal kyrie to his preferred destination. basically like how pop traded kawhi to the furthest city away from home (which worked out in the end)

reports are that the nets wanted both reaves and christie from the lakers in addition to the 2 1st rounders. glad they hung up the phone after that demand

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
The Mavericks are gonna be dominant

Plus Luka is gonna keep Kyrie in check. Kyrie realizes he is playing second fiddle to Luka, and the best thing for his career trajectory is to be the second option to a guy getting constantly double teamed. Kyrie can put up amazing numbers besides the best player in the league.

I see the Mavs winning the title this year with this combo if everything goes right. Luka on his own carried the Mavs to the WCF last year.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
not surprising that he didn't want to deal kyrie to his preferred destination.

reports are that the nets wanted both reaves and christie from the lakers in addition to the 2 1st rounders. glad they hung up the phone after that demand
If true then that's a dumb move on his part. The rumored deal I hear was Kyrie and Joe Harris to the Lakers for Westbrook and 2007 and 2009 1st round picks. There might have been some other junk included by both teams to make it work for the salary cap. That sure sounds a lot better then what Brooklyn ended up with. As a Celtic fan Kyrie on the Lakers would have scared the crap out of me as there was a 50% chance this would make the Lakers an immediate contender.....of course there was also a 50% chance there would have been a huge implosion on the Lakers.

Plus Luka is gonna keep Kyrie in check. Kyrie realizes he is playing second fiddle to Luka, and the best thing for his career trajectory is to be the second option to a guy getting constantly double teamed. Kyrie can put up amazing numbers besides the best player in the league.
Well sure because that worked out so well in Brooklyn where Kyrie was the second fiddle to Durant.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So Nets go from being contender in open East to likely being out of playoffs if they trade Durant as well

NBA is a joke in how they have let players hold team's hostage and continually let them ruin franchises.

Someday an NBA owner is going to learn to say no again

Thats what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.

I like this for Dallas.

Quite frankly, the NBA cap is more complicated. Just NBA players have more control because they’ve figured out how to wield their power. At least the ones who have it do.

You also have a higher cap ceiling with half as many roster spots to fill.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
not surprising that he didn't want to deal kyrie to his preferred destination. basically like how pop traded kawhi to the furthest city away from home (which worked out in the end)

So they wanted all the depth. Tsai isn't slick.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thats what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.

I like this for Dallas.

You also have a higher cap ceiling with half as many roster spots to fill.
Not really, the players still take up all the cap and every trade still has to be dollar for dollar.

Imagine if in the NHL, they only had 2 rounds of the draft, and only 30 players signed to contracts instead of 50. Just have less things to trade so they have no choice but to trade players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If true then that's a dumb move on his part. The rumored deal I hear was Kyrie and Joe Harris to the Lakers for Westbrook and 2007 and 2009 1st round picks. There might have been some other junk included by both teams to make it work for the salary cap. That sure sounds a lot better then what Brooklyn ended up with. As a Celtic fan Kyrie on the Lakers would have scared the crap out of me as there was a 50% chance this would make the Lakers an immediate contender.....of course there was also a 50% chance there would have been a huge implosion on the Lakers.

Well sure because that worked out so well in Brooklyn where Kyrie was the second fiddle to Durant.
shams reported it so it's likely true. plus it makes sense that tsai would demand a massive haul from the lakers if his main goal was to not trade kyrie to his preferred destination

FoQH6l4XoAABuYj

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean yes, but as far as I'm concerned, Ayton has been the right pick. Anything looks better in hindsight. If Luka was their target they'd have just been smart to trade down
I like Ayton a lot but PGs are much more important than bigs in today's NBA. And yeah, they probably could have traded back to #3 to get him and possibly picked up another 1st. At the time I thought Phoenix would take him. If I remember correctly he had a relationship with their coach at the time. Of course, if they had done that maybe they don't hire Williams the next season.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Mavs are 2 1/2 games out of 11th place and Luka is hurt. The new Mavs will score, but they'll give up more. I don't see them winning a playoff series.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Anybody catch the highlights of Kyrie " It's never my fault " Irving's press conference today. He actually said this with a straight face:

- I did what I was supposed to do, took care of my teammates, was incredibly selfless in my approach to leading....
- I wish them well. I left them in fourth place.

This guy is truly clueless. :laugh:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Anybody catch the highlights of Kyrie " It's never my fault " Irving's press conference today. He actually said this with a straight face:

- I did what I was supposed to do, took care of my teammates, was incredibly selfless in my approach to leading....
- I wish them well. I left them in fourth place.

This guy is truly clueless. :laugh:

This cat saying

"This has been in the works for years, since year 1"

its blows my mind how out touch with reality he is.

ohh really bud, this chain of events has been in motion since year 1 that you signed there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad