Trade: [DAL/BKN] Kyrie Irving and Markieff Morris for Spencer Dinwiddie, Dorian Finney-Smith, 2029 1st round pick, 2027 and 2029 2nd round picks

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Mavs dumped Porzingis to make it easier to take a second swing at a superstar, and they were able to do so.

Fans and Luka demand the Mavs do something. They did something.

They traded for Kyrie Irving, a dude who truly believes whatever he sees on YouTube. But he is really good at basketball if you catch him on a day when he wants to try. The Mavs had no hope with the roster as it was. They may still have no hope, but this at least gives them something else to try.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Atleast he didn’t get to go to Lakers

Mavs have been a total 1 man team

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
surprised phoenix didn't give them a better offer. it'll be interesting to see how luka and kyrie fit

markieff morris is going to dallas as well

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Seems like a really good fit offensively for Dallas.

Not entirely sure who's going to guard anybody, but at least my team won't be a one man unit anymore!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Not sure how itll pan out but Luka needed a second star and on paper he gets it. Very surprised at the price and how no one else could top it.

Reactions: Gecklund

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Irving doesn't care about "joining forces" with anybody, otherwise he wouldn't have left Durant. It's all about the contract extension. I'd be shocked if the Mavs gave him an extension and I'll wait for Kyrie's reaction then. This is nowhere near over yet.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Wouldn't have brought this guy near Doncic, so we'll see how this goes

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure how itll pan out but Luka needed a second star and on paper he gets it. Very surprised at the price and how no one else could top it.

Lakers are pretty low on assets and would have had to get rid of Westbrook

Reactions: donghabs98

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So Nets go from being contender in open East to likely being out of playoffs if they trade Durant as well

NBA is a joke in how they have let players hold team's hostage and continually let them ruin franchises.

Someday an NBA owner is going to learn to say no again

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So Nets go from being contender in open East to likely being out of playoffs if they trade Durant as well

NBA is a joke in how they have let players hold team's hostage and continually let them ruin franchises.

Someday an NBA owner is going to learn to say no again
It’s amazing. It’s not like the Nets are a tanking team that’s looking to unload some veteran talent. They’re 32-20! All because one star wants a change of scenery (again).

Can’t believe that at one point, the Nets had Harden, Kyrie and KD on the roster. In terms of talent, that trio was better than the Heatles.

Reactions: grentthealien

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I like that Brooklyn insisted on the '29 pick. Doncic is a free agent in 2027. Mavericks took a huge gamble here, if this doesn't work I don't see how they assemble a good enough supporting cast around Luka.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I know this is an Irving thread but if the Nets look to trade KD i'd love to see the Warriors somehow get that deal done just for the story

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Is the NBA the league with the most willingness to trade draft picks in far off years? It just seems bizarre that a GM would agree to a trade where one of the main pieces is a draft pick that might be valuable 5-6 years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad