Confirmed with Link: [DAL/ANA] Devin Shore for Andrew Cogliano

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
ahah he is way better than 70% of our players and our locker room is missing player like him
and I watch all vancouver games.

GMGM let him go to pay Shore and give Comeau a contract
Everybody here sayin' his role can be filled by one of them
I never bought this

total points are not all in player stats and fans often forget it

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I love Roussel, but I don’t miss his dumb penalties. He’s averaging over 2 penalty minutes per game right now. Putting your team short handed once per game is hurting more than it helps.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
ahah he is way better than 70% of our players and our locker room is missing player like him

I never bought this

I put some thought into it and I think I was a bit too harsh on Roussel. He takes too many penalties for my liking but in reconsideration I would rather have Roussel than Comeau

Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I put some thought into it and I think I was a bit too harsh on Roussel. He takes too many penalties for my liking but in reconsideration I would rather have Roussel than Comeau

I'd rather have neither.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Roussel also lost his identity after Ruff left.

Garbutt - Eakin - Roussel was one of the best depth lines in the NHL at their peak, but that was because Ruff knew exactly how to utilize them.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'd rather have neither.

For sure, especially at 3M for Roussel and 2.4M for Comeau.

I personally believe, a team like the Stars could and should be frugal with who they give contracts to. Come September and early October I think you can get depth for free ($50k or whatever) through the waivers.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

I never bought this

Nill let him go to not give him 4 years, which was pretty universally praised at the time as the right decision.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Roussel also lost his identity after Ruff left.

Garbutt - Eakin - Roussel was one of the best depth lines in the NHL at their peak, but that was because Ruff knew exactly how to utilize them.

That line may be the most under-appreciated lines of the Jim Nill era. They were so fast and surprisingly had a penalty differential of -1.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That line may be the most under-appreciated lines of the Jim Nill era. They were so fast and surprisingly had a penalty differential of -1.

Garbutt completely fell off though and later Eakin

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Garbutt completely fell off though and later Eakin

Not sure I agree- Eakin put up 40 points in 2014-15 and Garbutt isn't a player you lean on to score 15+ goals a year. I would love to have a 3rd/4th line play that effective for the Stars in 2019.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

shore poked for rakell assist :\

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
How has Cogliano been for you guys? I bet if the Ducks still had him they wouldnt have quit on the coach like they did.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How has Cogliano been for you guys? I bet if the Ducks still had him they wouldnt have quit on the coach like they did.

He's been decent. Not really an offensive threat ( neither was Shore when he was traded ) but he plays hard and is noticeable every game. Feel a bit bad for Shore on the mess that the Ducks currently are but it was a good trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I mean for a minor piece it was a decent upgrade from Devin Shore. I do think a Cogliano type player was what the lower lines need/needed . Its just not the primary need.
Sure. It was an upgrade. Not a big one, but it helped. Same way Gurianov and Hintz playing have been an upgrade in terms of overall team speed, but not a major upgrade because the speed isn't leading to goal horns.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sure. It was an upgrade. Not a big one, but it helped. Same way Gurianov and Hintz playing have been an upgrade in terms of overall team speed, but not a major upgrade because the speed isn't leading to goal horns.

Yeah but if you can't find a deal to do something major and something minor comes up you should still do the minor deal even if it doesn't adress your primary issues.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Probably not the player we needed, but I hated Shore so I was happy to see him go. He’s fast and helps move the puck from the defencive zone to the offensive zone so I’m happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad