Confirmed with Link: [DAL/ANA] Devin Shore for Andrew Cogliano

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Shore couldn't have been used as a sweetener in a package for a top 6 player?

Worse contract, worse production, much older. I don't like Shore but this seems odd.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shore couldn't have been used as a sweetener in a package for a top 6 player?

Worse contract, worse production, much older. I don't like Shore but this seems odd.
Change for the sake of change. Shaking up the roster to try and wake guys up.

It was a fourth liner traded for a fourth liner. Nill again goes the path of least resistance when it comes to making changes.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Not sure I like it. But, this team needs a change and this is start I guess. Shore still has potential, but doesnt seem like he'll hit it here. I thought we couldn't add anymore salary? I'm to lazy to look

Wonder if theres more to come

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know how to feel about this deal. It's frustrating we got older but we did get faster and probably better with a guy like Cogliano, but it should be noted the guy can't finish at all this season.

This is not a solution to our top 6 problem though. Cogliano is a 3rd liner at best.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Anaheim board isn’t all that happy about it. Shore is a 24 year old that is one pace for less than a 10 goal season- I am okay with adding a locker room presence to this bunch.

Probably tried Ritchie and they said “Hell no, one Ritchie is enough”

But two negative Ricthes would be a positive!

I dont know much about Cogs as a leader, but Dallas could use a solid veteran from the sounds of things

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Good trade. Team needed a shakeup and honestly, give me a vet that still has game over a player that won’t amount to anything more than a 3rd line player (if he is even a 3rd line guy). Plus our core seemed to like Shore so good on Nill to send them a message.

Good add. Now make more moves

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd assume nearly everyone that is not on our top line or top 2 d pairings

Yeah that's fair, but who has any value lol

Spezza meh
Nuke probably not
Pitlick very little
Hanzal LOLLOL
Ritchie see above
Comeau also see above

I dont see them moving Dick, Faksa, Hintz or Janmark right now. Maybe they'd consider moving Faksa and having Dick be our defensive C

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah that's fair, but who has any value lol

Spezza meh
Nuke probably not
Pitlick very little
Hanzal LOLLOL
Ritchie see above
Comeau also see above

I dont see them moving Dick, Faksa, Hintz or Janmark right now. Maybe they'd consider moving Faksa and having Dick be our defensive C

It's unfortunate that Shore was probably our most valuable young piece that was available. Now I'm not sure how well we can put together a package deal with someone like Nichushkin at the heart of it :laugh:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It's unfortunate that Shore was probably our most valuable young piece that was available. Now I'm not sure how well we can put together a package deal with someone like Nichushkin at the heart of it :laugh:

Surely he wasn’t if he only returned an aging vet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->