Daily draft position watch

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Dickinson will be the first left defenseman taken. What may help us is the Canadiens don’t need any defense on the left side nor does Ottawa. So they will be looking at one of the right hand D if they are going to take one. I think we will all be surprised that both Parekh and YakemChuck may well be off the board.
I bet Silayev goes before Dickinson. Dickinson is a safe pick to be a solid 2nd pairing guy for years but there’s 3-5 d-men in this draft with higher top-end potential. I think GMs will prefer the monster potential of Silayev over the safety of Dickinson.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I bet Silayev goes before Dickinson. Dickinson is a safe pick to be a solid 2nd pairing guy for years but there’s 3-5 d-men in this draft with higher top-end potential. I think GMs will prefer the monster potential of Silayev over the safety of Dickinson.
I think the Russian factor will make Dickinson the first pick. Only reason.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Nice, but I’d rank by points percentage to get the most accurate projected ranking.

Team 22 is the team the Blues need to pass next, but they’re not depicted.

I thought about it but ultimately went with points. Post trade deadline, who know if the point percentage over the past games will stay the same. You do know the number of points banked will. We have 67 points and the Pens have 64 but they have 1 more game to play. That one more game doesn't matter if they don't win another game because they traded away Guentzel, a key piece, at the deadline.

I am including the games played and point percentage in the picture. So you can analyze that is you wish. I can include a few of the teams above us for the times point percentage has us higher. I was only including to the Blues because that was how many my screen shows on my laptop. I'll zoom in to grab Washington and Minnesota, although we already leap-frogged Minny in point percentage..

Pre-tonight's games, the standings are:

stand 3-11.PNG

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Devils lose to the Rangers.:thumbd:
Caps on their way to being shut out.:thumbd:

Blues don’t help themselves by earning 2 against Boston. But it’s always fun to send their fans home sad.

We sit currently in the 13 spot.

Pens, Sabres, Wild, Flames and Kraken all go tomorrow. W’s for everyone!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Blues win 5-1 in Boston.

Me: "...........................................you've just ruined my next visit to Tankathon, win your little hearts out next year but this year I need you to lose."

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
With Thomas emerging as a legit #1 center, I'd actually be fine with that.
Give us our choice of the D crop. You can find offense, defense is harder to come by.
I mean you'd obviously take it, but it's just one of those nice "you win but you still get screwed" things, like acquiring Brendan Shanahan.

And then we'll be like, last place next year, but we can't win the lottery again so we get passed up for whatever generational player is there. I actually have no idea how the rules actually work in that situation, or if there is a player even close to that valuable for the 2025 draft, but yeah. Winning the lottery this year would certainly give us a decent chance on hitting on the next Pietrangelo. You definitely take that.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I mean you'd obviously take it, but it's just one of those nice "you win but you still get screwed" things, like acquiring Brendan Shanahan.

And then we'll be like, last place next year, but we can't win the lottery again so we get passed up for whatever generational player is there. I actually have no idea how the rules actually work in that situation, or if there is a player even close to that valuable for the 2025 draft, but yeah. Winning the lottery this year would certainly give us a decent chance on hitting on the next Pietrangelo. You definitely take that.
In terms of 2025; there's no consensus #1 just yet.
You've got a group of 6 that are really close together but nobody has really stepped forward just yet(probably going to be Jimmy Hagens but it's absolutely not a sure thing just yet; although, personally I think Logan Hensler is the guy that would fit us best). And it's actually a pretty diverse group. It's going to be extremely interesting to see how things play out next year.

Couple early mocks:

Reactions: oPlaiD

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Pens manage a point against the lowly Sens. :rolleyes:
Sabres hammer the Wings.:thumbu:
Wings may join the party if they keep losing.
Wild and Flames are winning but we’ll see.
Edit: And just like that the Flames are losing.
Kraken in the late game.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
stand 3-13.PNG

WC-3--13.PNG

We are currently tied for 14th pick (we have tie breaker so we are sitting at 15th). If all the teams below us win at their current point capture or less, we cannot get better than 7th worst, even if we don't get a single other point.

Last edited:

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
We have some very important games coming up that we need to lose if we want to improve our draft position. We play Minnesota twice, and Calgary once. We also play Seattle for the 2nd to last game of the season. I'm rooting for Seattle and Minnesota down the stretch here because I would love to see one of them make the playoffs and cause Vegas to miss. Even if we're somehow within striking distance of a playoff spot with a handful of games left, I think I'd rather just make the playoffs if it means Vegas doesn't.

But I'd still prefer to end up in that 8-10 range in the draft. But I think it's more likely we end up around 12 unfortunately. But who knows, maybe some luck comes our way (or bad luck?)

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
In terms of 2025; there's no consensus #1 just yet.
You've got a group of 6 that are really close together but nobody has really stepped forward just yet(probably going to be Jimmy Hagens but it's absolutely not a sure thing just yet; although, personally I think Logan Hensler is the guy that would fit us best). And it's actually a pretty diverse group. It's going to be extremely interesting to see how things play out next year.

Couple early mocks:
Anton Frondell would be my pick right now

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Pretty good night so far besides Detroit losing.

Pittsburgh won, Buffalo won, New Jersey is up 5-2 in the 3rd, Minnesota is up 2-0 in the 3rd.

Vegas/Calgary is underway, no score as of now. Washington/Seattle is about to start, need that one to go to OT.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Wings get two points at the expense of the Sabres so kind of a push.
Devils and Pens lose.:thumbd:
Flames win and Blues at least stick the Wild with a loser point.
Caps win, Kraken lose.
With the win, we’re four points behind the Knights. I’m not even going to say the P word.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad