Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
The kid was alright last year while he was up I remember some pretty nice plays , lets see what he can do now with another year of development under his belt. I hope he can surprise us all with some huge improvments in his game , kids got nice skills I just hope hes improved on his decision making , if hes as good as silf we'll be good, that dude is awesome.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
The kid was alright last year while he was up I remember some pretty nice plays , lets see what he can do now with another year of development under his belt. I hope he can surprise us all with some huge improvments in his game , kids got nice skills I just hope hes improved on his decision making , if hes as good as silf we'll be good, that dude is awesome.

He's different, he has lights out vision and the hands to make the plays.
Cant wait to see him in the lineup.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'll never forget that first goal he scored after getting pulverized by Phaneuf, playing keep away with Karlsson.

This is a good move that has potential to really help the struggling offense. We need another guy who can gain the zone on the PP. It seems once Karlsson goes off, the PP is over because we can't even gain their blue line. Da Costa should be able to do this and he's a quick skater who should fit into Mac's system and already has previous experience and knowledge to adjust within it.

We seem allergic to playing a dump and chase game so that benefits SDC. If he's allowed to just go out there and play his game with a couple of decently skilled line mates, he can have an impact. He doesn't need to come in and put up a PPG pace, but he'll need to produce to stick around.

I hope Latendresse is in for Daugavins and Da Costa in for Regin on Tuesday.

General Granny*

"@Steve_Lloyd: New PP unit: Karlsson-Benoit, Zibanejad-Da Costa-Silfverberg #Sens practice."Very good

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
That's great news, considering the trainwrecks of PP2 units that have been out there the past few.

General Granny*

I am guessing the other Pp unti will be

Methot- Weircioch
Michalek-Turris- Alfie

Please no more Greening, Daugavins, Condra, Regin on the PP.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Im glad Benoit is paired with Karlsson. Karlsson has been such a liability lately :sarcasm:

Queue "Da Bosta" posts on Tuesday.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Huh?
Daniel Slater @dslatertv

Zibanejad with Turris & Alfie, Zack Smith centring Silfverberg & Michalek, Da Costa with O'Brien & Condra, Regin-Neil-Greening
Retweeted by SensChirp
Doesn't look right.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
How has been playing this year compared to last? If you go by his stats in the A last year (46 games, 9 goals and 23 assists) and what his pace would be this year on a 46 game schedule his numbers are exactly the same.

Says to me he hasn't really progressed from last year. So why would be not be good enough last year, show no improvement at all for a full year, and then be good enough to center a top 2 line for us?

All I'm trying to say is he's not the answer. Our big guys (Michalek, Alfie, Turris) will need to step up

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Da Costa with O'Brien and Condra seems like such a waste...

It worked pretty well for Zibanejad. Those guys have probably been our two most consistent forwards. I see no problem with this given Da Costa is being used on the PP. That's the area we really need him. Anyways, we'll see plenty of more line juggling by the end of tomorrow's game.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Da Costa with O'Brien and Condra seems like such a waste...

that's because it is, but at least it has the added benefit of messing up all the other lines that were playing well togther....

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
if it was me, i'd put dacosta into spezza's spot and leave the other lines as is. with daug and regin sitting. bring in regin if (when) latendresse gets hurt.

General Granny*

How has been playing this year compared to last? If you go by his stats in the A last year (46 games, 9 goals and 23 assists) and what his pace would be this year on a 46 game schedule his numbers are exactly the same.

Says to me he hasn't really progressed from last year. So why would be not be good enough last year, show no improvement at all for a full year, and then be good enough to center a top 2 line for us?

All I'm trying to say is he's not the answer. Our big guys (Michalek, Alfie, Turris) will need to step up

How do you know he didnt improve his play without even watching him.

His biggest weakness was his play without the puck and in the boards along with his defensive coverage last season, he improved greatly on that aspect.

So I guess Spezza has never really improved his play going by numbers, he was a PPG center 4-5 years ago and still is now, no improvment I guess.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

i did the math. his pace this year is higher than last year. over an 82 game season (they don't have 82 game seasons in the ahl, just using that number) he is on pace for six more points. while not a huge improvement, he was injured to start the year, then when he returned, he played with talent. that stint with talent wasn't long lived, as silf was called up, then zibby, and then stone and hoffman got injured. for the last few games his line has been schneider - dacosta - prince. essentially he's playing with second/third line players.

looking at points to gauge progression isn't always a good idea. he's played really well down there.

right, we shouldn't expect da costa to come in and everything to be alright, but he's a good player that should help us either produce from a lower line or help get the big guys going. he's talented, so adding him will help no matter where he plays. i hope we put him on the second line, but o'brien and condra have been playing great, and putting him on a line with them is acceptable. o'brien can even take face-offs if da costa struggles. i would like to see a bingo line as well. zibby - da costa - silf. da costa and silf played well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad