Recalled/Assigned: Da Costa [Assigned to Bingo Feb. 22]

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This is good news for sure. Can't stand watching Regin in the top six anymore. Actually, I can't stand having him on our team.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
At least he has the vision. They're going to have to be creative to make up for his average skating and below average defensive skills. Regin has been terrible. He needs to spend some time in the box. Season is far too short to be letting guys like him work off the rust of not playing.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
teletubbies_02.jpg

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
At least he has the vision. They're going to have to be creative to make up for his average skating and below average defensive skills. Regin has been terrible. He needs to spend some time in the box. Season is far too short to be letting guys like him work off the rust of not playing.
I don't think skating is an issue for Da Costa. He is very shifty and quick. As for his defence, he has a good stick and has the the sneaky ability to pick guys pockets. Not going out throwing big hits but he doesn't shy away from traffic or contact.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
If it were up to me I would slot Da Costa in Regins spot and just run the lines at even strength. I think the O'Brien line has been our best these last 2-3 games and deserve more ice. I would also replace Daug with Regin though.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Via AHL website...

02/02/2013
Stephane Da Costa (C)
Binghamton DEL
Recalled from loan by Ottawa (NHL)

Via AHL website...

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Good.

Hopefully we never see Regin again. The guy got the greatest chance ever to stick on a NHL squad, enough is enough.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've been saying forever that Regin wasn't good enough on a decent NHL team. Dunno why it took so long for management to figure it out.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
De Costa is going to be a beauty for us, looking forward to seeing him.

He is exactly what we need right now, someone with vision and creativity to get some of our skilled guys into open ice with soft passes.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
A lot of you will be surprised by DaCosta, mark my words. He has been on another level in comparison to everyone I've seen in the AHL.

DaCosta will be on the 1st/2nd line in no time with Spezza out and Regin struggling.

I agree, Da Costa has more skill then Silf. His puck skills were very good everytime Ive seen him live.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm happy with this. I don't expect miracles -- but if he can find chemistry with someone and create offense -- awesome. If not, back to square one.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This is make-or-break for Da Costa with Ottawa. This is as good a chance as he's going to get to show what he can do as an top-6 NHLer.

A perfect storm for him to get an extended look here.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This is make-or-break for Da Costa with Ottawa. This is as good a chance as he's going to get to show what he can do as an top-6 NHLer.

A perfect storm for him to get an extended look here.

not sure if it's make or break, but you are correct that it is a dang good opportunity.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
A lot of you will be surprised by DaCosta, mark my words. He has been on another level in comparison to everyone I've seen in the AHL.

DaCosta will be on the 1st/2nd line in no time with Spezza out and Regin struggling.

yup. da costa is a beast. the only thing holding him back is strength. i think he'll play pretty well and put up some points, but not too many this year. if he hits the gym in the off season, we could use him as an offensive 3rd line center. if not, we try to convert him to a winger. if that doesn't work, he'll be traded. i hope he hit's the gym, he has some sweet hands and really good vision. poor man's datsyuk? i'll say very poor man's datsyuk so i don't get called out.

At least he has the vision. They're going to have to be creative to make up for his average skating and below average defensive skills.

see

I don't think skating is an issue for Da Costa. He is very shifty and quick. As for his defence, he has a good stick and has the the sneaky ability to pick guys pockets. Not going out throwing big hits but he doesn't shy away from traffic or contact.

he said pretty much exactly as i wanted to say it.

He's 23, and if this call up doesn't go all that well, he could get the dreaded "Tweener" label.

i think the fact that he went undrafted could promote or discourage labeling him as a "tweener". he was undrafted, so he is only now in contact with an nhl team that will tell him what to work on. he is only now properly being developed. on the other side, he was undrafted, so people could think he wasn't really good, and thus a "tweener". either way, i think management knows he has a really nice skill set and will probably just tell him to get stronger. that is the only thing i can think of that will make him look out of place in his current stint, strength.

i'm really rooting for him. ever since i saw him in that prospect tournament, then his nhl stint, and now his play in binghamton i thought he had a good chance. let's see how he'll do :yo:

HugeMidget

Jan 13, 2009
DaBosta's issue isn't skill or creativity at the NHL level, it's the pace of the game. In Bingo he came into camp out of shape, we all know you need to be able to keep up in Maclean's system (See Latendresse).

This call-up will be a real test for him, he's going to have to be handle the minutes. Saying that, I really hope he can, he's got exceptional talent.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
This is a good idea. I had thought originally that they should have left the other three lines alone (as much as possible) because they were working, and just slot Da Costa in to Spezza's spot.

Why have 4 disrupted lines when you can leave 3 intact?

Hopefully this works.

i agree, LeFrenchman's skillset is similar to Spezza's as well. It just makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad