Nation: Sweden
Position: D
Shoots: L
Height: 188 cm / 6'2"
Weight: 91 kg / 201 lbs

robert_hagg.jpg

robban-1x.jpg

2012 U17 Statistics: 5GP-2G-4A-6P

He was the most impressive defenseman at the World U17 tournament. With a great size, he likes to join the rush and contribute offensively. Very poised at both ends of the ice, he was the leading scoring defenseman at this year's tournament. Reminds me a lot of Oliver Ekman-Larsson, and just like OEL, Hägg could go really high in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey when it's all said and done.

Let's all keep an eye on him for the next year. More infos are welcomed!

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Is he going to be playing with men this year or his age?

he'll most likely spend most of his time in J20 but he should get to play some games for MODO in SEL so who knows what will happen :)

Gustav Possler is another really good prospect from MODO who's eligble for the next draft: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26019

very, very skilled, hustles hard and a good skater.

I'm going to catch way more J20 games this season so I'll try to give some updates throughout the season regarding all interesting MODO prospects. Thanks to Markus Näslund we're finally starting to have some good ones again :nod:

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
Why are swedish prospects always so big? That's so unfair :)

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
Swedes are tall people in general. The Dutch are the tallest ones in the world then comes the Swedes in the country by country stats.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Swedes are tall people in general. The Dutch are the tallest ones in the world then comes the Swedes in the country by country stats.

1. Netherlands
2. Denmark
3. Norway
4. Sweden

Something like that.

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
No way the Norweigans are taller.. They are a 'mountian people', genetically smaller because of difficult living conditions in the mountains and the often rough weather up there.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
looks like a player! Will look for him at the U20s in Ufa, Russia at Xmas time. I suppose he'll be playing in the summer tournament in the United States next month or at the Ivan hlinka U18 team? Any Swedes got any info on this?

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
No way the Norweigans are taller.. They are a 'mountian people', genetically smaller because of difficult living conditions in the mountains and the often rough weather up there.

Dinaric alp people are the tallest in the world but it's not an country but they are mountain people

"The area remains underpopulated, and forestry and mining remain the chief economic activities in the Dinaric Alps. The people of the Dinaric Alps are on record as being the tallest in the world, with a male average height of 185.6*cm (6*ft*1.1*in) and a female average height of 171.0*cm (5*ft*7.3*in).[3]"

Norwegian 20-25 year old males averages 182,4 cm

Swedish 20-29 year old males
averages 181.5 cm

Not big difference but yes the Norwegian people are taller and the mountain people at dinaric alps are the tallest of the world by far at 185,6 (6 ft 1.1 in)

Source: Wikipedia

Sorry for the little OT

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
the difference between the people of Dinaric Alps and Dutch is like .2 of an inch. I don't see how Dinaric Alps average height is 6'1. I believe those are Montenegrins, Serbian and Croatian men are 180 cm on average. This is based on ethnicity but theres a tribe in Africa called the Massai who I belive have an average of close to 190 cm.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
the difference between the people of Dinaric Alps and Dutch is like .2 of an inch. I don't see how Dinaric Alps average height is 6'1. I believe those are Montenegrins, Serbian and Croatian men are 180 cm on average. This is based on ethnicity but theres a tribe in Africa called the Massai who I belive have an average of close to 190 cm.

I've heard about that tribe. Males with 3 legs.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#section_1

Dinaric alp males averages at 6'1 ft 1.1 in (185,6 cm) Dutch males average at 183,2 cm (6'00) per wiki. But you're right about them being Montenegrins. If we take it country vs country then Montenegro should be first.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
He was the most impressive defenseman at the World U17 tournament. With a great size, he likes to join the rush and contribute offensively. Very poised at both ends of the ice, he was the leading scoring defenseman at this year's tournament. Reminds me a lot of Oliver Ekman-Larsson, and just like OEL, Hägg could go really high in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft in New Jersey when it's all said and done.

Let's all keep an eye on him for the next year. More infos are welcomed!

On Sweden or the entire tournament? You could probably make a case for the former, but not the latter. Off the top of my head; Zadorov, Ekblad, Butcher, Lees etc. all impressed more than Hagg, IMO.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Thought I'd bump this thread...

Kid seems to be doing really well for MODO J20.. captaining the team too. Has to be in the top 10 talk.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Not too much chatter in here for a guy whom I thought played very well in the WJC and is in the 1st round chatter. I'm convinced he does not own a heartbeat and can make a first pass under any kind of pressure.

Anyways, here's my video for his WJC highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad