D Logan Mailloux - Laval, AHL (2021, 31st, MTL)

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He had an awesome season in the AHL. If he was struggling, I would understand but he hasn't. He's ready to take the next level I believe. 41 pts in 61 games. Good for 3rd among AHL D-man. Ahead of him are a 35 years old dude and a 26 years old matured player.
What more do you want him to achieve before giving him a chance with the big club?
Mailman has a good chance of leading all the AHL defenseman with most points.

As much as I want to see him in the NHL, I don't mind if he stays down and leads the AHL scoring for defenseman.

That should shut up his detractors.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Mailman has a good chance of leading all the AHL defenseman with most points.

As much as I want to see him in the NHL, I don't mind if he stays down and leads the AHL scoring for defenseman.

That should shut up his detractors.
Shutting up his detractors would be him having success in the NHL.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
He had an awesome season in the AHL. If he was struggling, I would understand but he hasn't. He's ready to take the next level I believe. 41 pts in 61 games. Good for 3rd among AHL D-man. Ahead of him are a 35 years old dude and a 26 years old matured player.
What more do you want him to achieve before giving him a chance with the big club?
His defensive zone play still needs some work but I agree with you I think he will see some games next year 100%. Start him in Laval and call him up by November/December. Let him work on those warts in a good environment with MTL against NHLers - I am totally fine with that.

I also believe that Habs would rather him and all their prospects be with the big club vs Laval as long as they're playing well in Laval first. Roy, Mailloux, soon to be Reinbacher, etc. Slaf never played in the A but they still wanted him with the big club right off the bat..... they seem to take a lot of pride in their development team and culture they've built so far with MSL & co.

Reactions: Nicko999

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No apparent injury on the Habs blueline tonight, so I guess they're basically giving him a gift for the season (they didn't call him up to sit him...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad