OT: D.J Zombo Takes Your Requests (A Project NU2 Initiative)

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
This wouldn't be a bad goal song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwFUVJYA9_I

and if we really wanted our own chelsea dagger this would be perfect (start at :39):

But with the arena's desire to be a family and corporate arena it is unlikely we will see a head banging opener and will likely get something more like 'explosions in the sky' (not saying that's a bad thing)

My votes would be:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
For this project nu2 thing on canucks.com, who narrowed down the choices from 2000+ to 6 songs? It's quite clear that there are enough choices out there, it's the few people that are narrowing down the choices that is the problem because those 6 songs are pretty horrendous.

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I dunno if they changed it from the first time they used it but they should really just start the Japandroids song at the beginning instead of letting a 6 year old edit it, sounds terrible when it's all chopped up.

As for goal songs....obviously we're not scoring but I found a youtube link of JUST the whistling from the Fifa 12 song that I know would be our Chelsea Dagger...would give anything for DJ Dave to at least ****ing respond to me, even the Vancouver Canucks facebook page responded yet DJ Dave is just too popular...Terrible DJ..AND can't even respond to fans.

Just imagine it...Henrik, to Daniel, drop pass Burrows shoots HE SCORES!!!! *horn* and THIS:

SnapIt

Feb 19, 2013
The Tragically Hip - Little bones is a great track for the intro song.

First, I like that it starts off quiet/not too overpowering, like the "Where the Streets have no name" song by U2. That way, you can really hear the fans get energized when they know the players are coming out of the gate soon. Also, The Tragically Hip is probably even more popularized amongst Canucks fans since their song was used in one of the CBC montage intros during the 2011 SCF (track: Blow at high dough). Finally, the pace it keeps up as the players hit the ice is very fitting in my opinion.

If I were to select another song, I'd say Muse has some good tracks to select from.

Great thread Zombotron, and thanks for putting the clips together

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad