OT: D.J Zombo Takes Your Requests (A Project NU2 Initiative)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
603843-drmercurioarboria_large.jpg

Hello. I am Dr. D.J Zombo. As you may know, the introduction song of the Vancouver Canucks, "Where the Streets Have No Name," is facing possible retirement, to be replaced** with a song of your choice. (Don't **** this up.)

During this time of transition, I will assist in HFCanucks' search for a suitable replacement, by applying your song choices to a demonstration video.

Let the process begin, and remember - D.J Zombo is listening.

**we now know that this is not true, but new songs will be added to a rotation, and we can still use this thread to preview them and any other songs that come to mind.

DJ Zombo's picks
Van Halen - Hang 'Em High
54-40 - Baby Ran
Doug and the Slugs - Dangerous
U2 - Fire
U2 - New Year's Day
Iron Maiden - Phantom of the Opera
Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

Your picks
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Seatoo)
Chilliwack - Roll On (Smokey McCanucks)
The Tragically Hip - Little Bones (Reverend Mayhem)
Eminem ft. Pink - Won't Back Down (Natureboy1235)
Buen Salvaje goal horn (JannikAtTheDisco)
Jorge Quintero - 300 Violin Orchestra (BassMason)
Public Enemy ft. Anthrax - Bring the Noise (BertSTUzzi)
Foo Fighters - Come Alive (StringerBell)
M83 - My Tears Are Becoming a Sea (Vankiller Whale)
M83 - Graveyard Girl (Promethesis)
Muse - Supremacy (SpecialK139)
Trooper - Here for a Good Time (Not a Long Time) - LuckyDay
Nile - Ramses Bringer of War (josquin)
Rammstein - Feuer Frei (ProstheticConscience)
Japandroids - Evil's Sway (shortshorts)
RJD2 - The Horror (shortshorts)
LCD Soundsystem - No Love Lost (shortshorts)
Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy (professorchaos)
Billy Talent - Viking Death March (Royal Canuck)
B-Real/Coolio/LL Cool J/Method Man - Hit 'Em High (Solidius)
Metallica - One (Imagine17)
Jupiter One - Platform Moon (JetsAlternate)
Matthew Good - Weapon (CCF23)
Dusty Rhodes theme (Frank Garrett)

Last edited:

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I agree with leaving it as U2, but I have a really good idea for the goal song which DJ Dave is obviously looking to change...PLEASE give this a listen DJ Zombo I think it could be the Canucks version of Chelsea Dagger

apparently i can't make it start at a certain time so skip to the 2:08-2:09 mark or use this link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=aGSudOJ0vkI#t=2m09s

:)

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
It fairly difficult for me to post videos from my phone but if you could all search 300 violin orchestra there won't need to be anymore discussion.

StringerBell

First instinct = Foo Fighters. I doubt this song would have the same lasting power that Streets did but it would sure get people pumped up.

Can't get the time-start to work on HF. Manually start it at 1m51s. Players skate out around 3 minute mark.

M A K A V E L I*

Don't really need to upload a video with a new intro song each time. There's plenty of websites that allow you to mash two youtube videos to get the audio/video from diff vids.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Don't really need to upload a video with a new intro song each time. There's plenty of websites that allow you to mash two youtube videos to get the audio/video from diff vids.

Like I knew that. Of course the real video expert would tell me. :p: I'll just re-jig the links I posted, then.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
First instinct = Foo Fighters. I doubt this song would have the same lasting power that Streets did but it would sure get people pumped up.

Can't get the time-start to work on HF. Manually start it at 1m51s. Players skate out around 3 minute mark.

Really?

I can see it if you're looking to get the crowd ready to blaze one and watch a flick.

For pumping up the crowd and team to start a game? Not so much.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
It says "Video Player is too small" on a number of the ones you put up. It's not that big a deal, as they can just be played in the background in a different window, but just thought I'd mention it.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Even Makaveli's one attempt (we will rock you goal horn for the oilers game), is better than 99% of the stuff DJ Dave comes out with for other choices. I wouldn't mind we will rock you for a goal song or an intro song. The six choices that project nu2 has in their poll is embarrassing. Keep the streets have no names or bring in a classic like zombie nation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad