OT: D.J Zombo Takes Your Requests (A Project NU2 Initiative)

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver
Out of the choices that have been proposed thus far, I like Evil's Sway by Japandroids and My Tears are Becoming a Sea by M83.

I'll see if I can come up with some of my own...

YouCantYandleThis*

Out of the choices that have been proposed thus far, I like Evil's Sway by Japandroids and My Tears are Becoming a Sea by M83.

M83 is another band with a few songs that could be an excellent intro!

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

I'd get behind that LCD Soundsystem track. I can actually imagine the team coming out to this song and the fans getting pumped.

I personally love Evil's Sway by Japandroids.

The LCD Soundsystem track would need some editing to make it more hype, but I like it.

heutZe

Sep 15, 2010
Norway
I really think of the Canucks as a more goosebump-team than a "****yeah! rack n raaawl" kind of team. "Where the Streets Have No Name" was a great track for the team, and I think "My Tears Are Becoming a Sea" is the way to go if they are retiring U2. It will fit the team, the arena, the fans like a glove.

Do the right thing.

JA

I really think of the Canucks as a more goosebump-team than a "****yeah! rack n raaawl" kind of team. "Where the Streets Have No Name" was a great track for the team, and I think "My Tears Are Becoming a Sea" is the way to go if they are retiring U2. It will fit the team, the arena, the fans like a glove.

Do the right thing.

Agreed. The Habs use "Fix You" and make it work. They've aimed to conjure pride from the audience and skate out to an emotional soundtrack. They used to use "Where the Streets Have No Name," but have instead used Coldplay for the past few years:

6:53:

It's excellent. I only wish alternate video was available online with higher audio levels for the music. CBC turns down the music on their broadcast when the PA announcer speaks.

The only thing I dislike about this is the way the song was trimmed. The transition between the two parts could have been made more seamlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I realized why I dislike our Clutch goal song so much now.

It's because I like a good beat and for the majority of the song that is played when we score, all you hear is the guy saying bang bang bang with barely any background music. This is why I think it is a poor song. I like a song that gets me pumped up and this song has never done it. Needs more pump up music to be played. Just a poor goal song overall.

Give me We will rock you (original or that instrumental version that makaveli had in his yt version) or some kernkraft 400 by zombie nation or song 2 by blue or rock'n roll part 2 by gary glitter.

JA

Here's my entry. This is an intro idea I really like. I posted this in the other thread as well. I propose the use of this edited/recut instrumental version of "Platform Moon" from Jupiter One's self-titled 2008 album, "Jupiter One." The track features a style consistent with the "west coast" sound, but presents a kind of intensity, aggression and coolness not featured in "Where the Streets Have No Name."

To achieve this cut of the song, a number of simple edits need to be made. If only I had a WAV file of it available (i.e. lossless audio), I'd cut it and have it ready for DJ Dave right away. Hopefully this will provide an alternative to some of the other suggestions being made.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->