OT: D.J Zombo Takes Your Requests (A Project NU2 Initiative)

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Oooh, I like my pick but Bring The Noise and Little Bones might be even better. Can't go wrong with The Hip!

Kuzmenkshow

Big smile, big hair, big time player
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I dunno about you guys, but I really like that goal song.

Hope others give it a listen :)

Anyone I've ever showed it to has agreed that it'd be a wicked goal song and the Canucks need their own Chelsea Dagger, maybe it'll get them some of their 2011 playoff swagger back

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Hope others give it a listen :)

Anyone I've ever showed it to has agreed that it'd be a wicked goal song and the Canucks need their own Chelsea Dagger, maybe it'll get them some of their 2011 playoff swagger back

Maybe I or one of you ought to send this thread in a tweet to DJ Dave, hmm?

After actually listening to all of these mash-ups I'm pretty pleased with what you guys are coming up with. Miles and miles better than what CDC is suggesting (though that's a given).

(my personal favourite so far is probably Little Bones)

Scottrockztheworld*

An edited down version of this though.

Make it a slow build up of intensity.

Start playing the song early to about 1:59 for a build up for the entrance & mesh it to the riff at 3:30 & have the guys come out around 4:15. Rather long but would be pretty badass & a good pump up.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Muse - Supremacy would be phenomenal. Great build up and you time it for the Canucks to come out during the first major bass line and "supremacy call" after the intro at 2:00 minutes. Yea fully on board for this song, check it out. The intro really could be epic too especially if the crowd knew the words/hummed along to it, its almost like anticipating the return of a great gladiator, and then rocking out when he arrives.

Last edited:

Kuzmenkshow

Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Maybe I or one of you ought to send this thread in a tweet to DJ Dave, hmm?

After actually listening to all of these mash-ups I'm pretty pleased with what you guys are coming up with. Miles and miles better than what CDC is suggesting (though that's a given).

(my personal favourite so far is probably Little Bones)

I kinda tweeted him but i rarely use twitter so i dunno if i did it right...my twitter is @SelKesler, i sent him like three consecutive tweets to fit it all in, go favourite it and add your support!

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
My Picks:

-Iron Maiden
-Tragically Hip
-Rage Against the Machine
-U2 (New Years Day)

I want my adrenaline to be pumping when we step on the ice and I want the crowd going.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I know this isn't the approach the Canucks want for the intro but I love that part of Fix You for an intro song. Montreal used it. It has the same effect as Streets has which is what I prefer but I know the Canucks want a more pump up effect rather than goose bump inducing.

I also liked the explosions in the sky bit someone posted above.

Kuzmenkshow

Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I know this isn't the approach the Canucks want for the intro but I love that part of Fix You for an intro song. Montreal used it. It has the same effect as Streets has which is what I prefer but I know the Canucks want a more pump up effect rather than goose bump inducing.

I also liked the explosions in the sky bit someone posted above.

Not gonna lie this would be my vote, nothing gets me more pumped up then this part of this song...people go so crazy over dubstep cause of the 'drops' etc. but i love this part of fix you and its cause of how they bring in the drums, like their own drop, it's amazing.

Kuzmenkshow

Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
having said that, i play this on the drive to hockey before every game so this would be my suggestion for the canucks intro up song

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad