D habs98 GM Game v4.5-Sign Up+ Discussion(8 teams available )

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
The edmonton Oilers are looking for two or one top six forwards and a top four dman. edmonton really wants to compete for a cup now and for the future.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Not that I am one to complain....but which team is better?

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Cleary
Lidstrom-Stuart
Howard

vs.

Oshie-Backes-Hossa
Martin-Pietrangelo
Halak

I can handle beaten by Nashville, but STL are bound for 2nd in the division :rant:

Also, LA and Chi-town are a spot or two too high.

/End WEST rankings rant

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Lidstrom-Stuart
Howard

vs.

Oshie-Backes-Hossa
Martin-Pietrangelo
Halak

I can handle beaten by Nashville, but STL are bound for 2nd in the division :rant:

/End WEST rankings rant

I would take Detroit, BUT, you have an argument as a deeper team. Just remember, I am the depth king :p: :sarcasm:

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Also a good opportunity for my fourth line to score/get a power play ;)

Sobotka-Arnott-D'Agostini - aka. the legendary line.

How often to the Blues and Leafs play? We should be friends in this game!

holden57

Feb 3, 2011

Lidstrom-Stuart
Howard

vs.

Oshie-Backes-Hossa
Martin-Pietrangelo
Halak

/End WEST rankings rant

how is chicago too high? my team would beat yours 9/10 times. i don't see any way you are better than my team.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

So... I made a deal that brings a top-2 defenseman to Toronto. Now, we had to pay an arm, a leg, and another arm to get him, but, it shows our commitment to the player.

The deal is as follows

:sharks

John-Michael Liles
Matt Lashoff
Tyler Pitlick
Phillipe Dupuis
Jay Rosehill

:leafs

Dan Boyle

We felt we had a deep prospect pool along the blueline and our offense is set for another while, so, while giving up prospects hurts, we needed to do the deal because Boyle will be the defensive addition we need to hopefully put us over Pittsburgh and catapult us far into the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
So... I made a deal that brings a top-2 defenseman to Toronto. Now, we had to pay an arm, a leg, and another arm to get him, but, it shows our commitment to the player.

The deal is as follows

:sharks

John-Michael Liles
Matt Lashoff
Tyler Pitlick
Phillipe Dupuis
Jay Rosehill

:leafs

Dan Boyle

We felt we had a deep prospect pool along the blueline and our offense is set for another while, so, while giving up prospects hurts, we needed to do the deal because Boyle will be the defensive addition we need to hopefully put us over Pittsburgh and catapult us far into the playoffs.

this deal i bet just made the leafs 2nd in my mond
and cup contenders

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

looking for top 6 winger or top 9 winger
will move any prospect and pick
i have
COL 1st
WSH 1st

I looked through the trade thread and didn't see a trade involving this. Also, I thought you were running Colorado anyways.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

So, for the trade deadline, we are having a new rule. Since the trade deadline takes place with only a quarter of the season to go, players salaries are 3/4th's paid, so, we are going to do the 1/4th money rule

What does this mean? It means that your cap room will effectively be 4 times what it truly is for the rest of the season. An easy way to think of this is that if you had 1 million in cap, you now have 4 million in cap.

Now, I am doing mine in a different manner. I am taking off 75% of the players salaries when I trade for them/sign then, so, while my numbers may appear of the cap, it makes sense.

Let me show you how I do my method with the Boyle trade.

Boyle = 6.66
6.66*.25 (1/4th of his salary)
= 1.665

JM Liles, Phillipe Dupuis, Ray Rosehill and Matt Lashoff = 6.05
6.05*.25
=1.5125

1.665 - 1.5125 = 0.1525
Multiply that by 1,000,000

I had 800,000 in cap space beforehand, so, the calculation becomes 800000-152500 = 647500

So, I have $647500 in cap space. Any signings before the deadline will also be fourth'd.

(Simply put, I do things complicated :laugh:)

EDIT: Because of that trade, I need to add some depth, so, I will be looking to get cheap FA's to help fill my bench. The first signing is as follows.

Paul Mara*: $525000 (1/4th'd) for 1 year.
Todd Marchant and Jarko Ruutu: $52500 (1/4th'd) for 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad