D habs98 GM Game v4.0-Sign Up+ Discussion (2 teams available) ‎

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Time for a unique pitch

Do I think I can beat dHabs? Yes, but, I am doubting that it will happen. dHabs inherited the two best players in the league, and in one trade, got Hartnell, Timmonen and Schenn to help shore up an already stacked team. I THINK I have the advantage in the back-end and goaltending, and he has more star power in the forwards..

And that's why I think dHabs will win this series, and I don't really have a chance if people start going tizzy over Crosby, Malkin, Iginla and Letang. I just implore you to realize that this Leafs team has been built from the ground up (Essentially) and has been loaded with guys in an attempt to stop the mighty Pens.

(I mean, let's face it, they have dominated their first two opponents, and their team IRL is already like a ridiculously stacked team in one of these unrealistic GM games). I just hope voters take into account the opposing play styles, look beyond the offense, and look to see what GM did more to improve the team.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
:flyers

GM: SinfulCobraZ

[fieldset=VOTE PHILADELPHIA!]VOTE PHILADELPHIA FLYERS FOR THE KLLR CUP![/fieldset]

[fieldset= Pitch]
The Winnipeg Jets have an incredible young, talented roster and this will be a hard fought match however I believe we have what it takes to win as a rebuilder.

Forwards: Our forwards are stacked and undoubtedly far superior to his young guns on offense. With the like of RNH and Yak, two 1st overall players leading this team full of young, high-scoring players, we win on offense by a long shot.

Defense: Our defense is just absolutely spectacular. Adam Larsson is considered to be the next greatest Swedish defenseman for a reason as he plays both ends of the ice. We have high end offensive blue-liners in Pouliot and Beaulieu while our other prospects, such as Dumoulin are the big, tough shutdown D.

Goalie: 3 of the best young goalies in the world vs. Pavelec? Everyday and twice on Sundays. :naughty:
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Roster & Cap Hit"]

FORWARDS

Filip Forsberg ($1.492m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Beau Bennett ($0.900m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Kyle Palmieri ($2.000m)
Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Emerson Etem ($0.870m)
Richard Rakell ($0.925m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.950m) / Sebastian Collberg ($0.925m)
Tye McGinn ($0.775m) / William Karlsson ($0.925m) / Danny Kristo ($0.925m)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX / Radek Dvorak ($0.675m) / XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEFENSEMEN

Derrick Pouliot ($1.350m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m)
Oscar Klefbom ($1.275m) / Nathan Beaulieu ($1.275m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Olli Maatta ($0.925m)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX / Brian Dumoulin ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Viktor Fasth ($2.900m)
Jacob Markstrom ($1.300m)
John Gibson ($0.925m)

[/fieldset]​
VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers VOTE :flyers
VOTE PHILADELPHIA!!!

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Another reason to vote Leafs? We have the greatest goal song ever

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
Are there still two teams available?

Nope we are almost done. In fact, we are voting for the conference finals in the playoffs right now.

Anyhow, I am thinking about making my own game as the next one since no one has announced they will be making one. You can join in that one.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Nope we are almost done. In fact, we are voting for the conference finals in the playoffs right now.

Anyhow, I am thinking about making my own game as the next one since no one has announced they will be making one. You can join in that one.

Alright cool I'll keep checking back

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

:nhl

Please note that dHabs is now handling voting, not me

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
:nucks

GM: JayP812

[FIELDSET="Roster & Cap Hit"]

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexander Semin ($3.500m—50.0%)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Kris Versteeg ($2.200m—50.0%)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Tyler Bozak ($1.500m) / Jamie McGinn ($1.750m)
Chris Porter ($0.650) / Mathieu Perreault ($1.050m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.250m) / Stephane Robidas ($1.650—50.0%)
Chris Tanev ($0.851m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825)

GOALTENDERS

GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Brian Elliott ($1.800)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,475,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,824,500
[/fieldset]​

Our top line of Sedin-Sedin-Semin may be the best in the NHL. The twins have insane chemistry, and Alexander has arguably the best wrister in the league. On the second line of Booth-Kesler-Versteeg, one of the best two-way players centering two smart, goal-scoring wingers. The third line of Raymond-Bozak-McGinn is better than most teams' second line. Two speedy wingers who can play with grit and score from time to time with a natural playmaker in between them. Finally, Porter-Perreault-Bernier is not to be trifled with. The perfect mix of grinding and skill will make the Hawks pay in more ways than one.

Edler-Bieksa is among the most deadly defense pairings in the game. An offensive defenseman who can make plays from the blue line playing alongside a defensive stalwart. In Garrison-Hamhuis, we have a power play quarterback paired with maybe the best two-way defender in the league. The third pairing of Gunnarson-Robidas is the best shutdown pairing in the NHL. These two smart blueliners hit hard and hit often. We have two great depth defensemen in Chris Tanev and Bruno Gervais should they be needed.

Cory Schneider has always been a shooting star, but he has finally proven himself as an elite #1 goalie. His reflexes, flexibility, and hockey smarts have turned away countless shots and will not stop now. In the very rare event Cory falters, Brian Elliott is one of the best backup goalies in the league. He can pick up the slack and lead the team to victory in net.

Vote :nucks to beat the :hawks!​

Last edited:

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

[FIELDSET=Your 2012-2013 Chicago Blackhawks]

extralarge.png

FORWARDS

Nathan Horton - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Ray Whitney - Patrick Sharp - Marian Hossa
Antoine Vermette - Dave Bolland - Erik Cole
Andrew Shaw - Max Lapierre - Shawn Thornton

Ex: Daniel Carcillo

DEFENSEMEN

Brent Seabrook - Duncan Keith
Niklas Hjalmarsson - Nick Leddy
Michal Rozsival - Trevor Daley

Ex: Keith Ballard, Alec Martinez

GOALTENDERS

Pekka Rinne
Ray Emery

[/fieldset]

VOTE :hawks

We would like to thank the Detroit Red Wings for a hard fought series. The Wings are one of the greatest franchises in professional sports, and will continue to be a perennial threat in the NHL.

Off to the Western finals against a very familiar foe! How could it be the NHL playoffs without a Chicago-Vancouver playoff series?

The Vancouver Canucks made several roster moves, and have a very impressive, new look roster. They have tremendous depth at all positions, and are loaded with skill and speed. They will be our toughest challenge yet. We would like to wish them luck, and commend their GM JayP, on building a fantastic roster.

We feel that since the deadline, we have made several substantial improvements to a team that is already amongst the NHL's elite. We have 2 powerful offensive lines, a high octane third line with speed and tremendous defensive prowess, and a physically punishing fourth line. Our defense, lead by Norris trophy winner, Duncan Keith, is rock solid. In the history of the Vancouver/Chicago playoff wars, the Canucks have always had the advantage in net. Until now. With Pekka Rinne between fhe pipes, our teams impressive depth, and leadership we think that we can ultimately prevail in the Western conference finals and compete for Lord Stanley!

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
JP812

Thank you for making my Wednesday better. You said Gunnarsson and hit in the same sentence. The only thing harder to do was put OJ and innocent together!! :handclap::handclap:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:pens

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
James Neal ($5.000m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Scott Hartnell ($2.375m—50.0%)
Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($0.980m--30.0%)
Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m) / Joe Vitale ($0.550m) / Craig Adams ($0.675m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kris Letang ($3.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($3.000m—50.0%)
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Simon Despres ($0.840m) / Douglas Murray ($2.500m)
Mark Eaton ($0.725m) /

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m)
Tomas Vokoun ($2.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,436,667; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $763,333

I like KLLR too much to make a pitch against him so this is my lineup.​

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
You really hate the Leafs, jeez

I like them, but the overvaluing of Gunnar is atrocious, especially on here. Being in the Toronto market, I listen to Leafs radio and watch all the games. I have my opinions, one being Leaf fans fall in love with players and wont let go of them, much the same as the organization and it hurts them. Gunnar is a guy who I think is overrated and if he can bring in what people around here suggest, they should move him immediately. He is a better version of the great Karel Pilar.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I like them, but the overvaluing of Gunnar is atrocious, especially on here. Being in the Toronto market, I listen to Leafs radio and watch all the games. I have my opinions, one being Leaf fans fall in love with players and wont let go of them, much the same as the organization and it hurts them. Gunnar is a guy who I think is overrated and if he can bring in what people around here suggest, they should move him immediately. He is a better version of the great Karel Pilar.

He is just a solid positional guy who does everythinng well; but nothing that will stick out. He's just a solid guy who would fit, and not be a liability on a pairing. With that said, he isn't great, and is only as good as his partner is, IMO. Phaneuf makes him look really good (Top 4 easily)

I like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad