TJ Brennan
Shayne Gostisbehere

Jonathan Bernier
Zach Fucale

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
These games are crap.

The same people keep on winning. Its who runs the team and not the actual team.

I should of known better than playing again, I stopped playing for awhile and thought I would give it a second chance. Just crap. 10-1 loss vote with how deep my team is and the 1 vote again was from myself its like that every game. It goes by the GM and their popularity. The numbers can back it up. People dont even look at the teams. The votes are blow outs. Teams with 1 vote is from their own GM. I actually looked at the teams and voted accordingly.

Produce Man
Top 6 Spaling
Dong Habs
Datsyuk Dangles
theres one more I forget who it is.

Usually win the games. People then say they have good teams. I know they do make good teams, but Ive seen GMs with better teams lost and such. Like Boston last game. They were a top 3 team and voted like 6th. Teams ahead of him were GM favorites.

Then people wonder why the games seem the same and boring and want changes to them. This crap is just the same and don't find it fun like the 1st few games I played then noticed the trending GMs that win the games all the time.

Im contemplating not even playing gabby's. If I do its going to be the last one cause this is getting bad and is a waste of time.

Best of Luck to who moved on and I keep voting for the rest of this game.

Hey man I understand your frustrations (I rebuilt this game since I thought I had cup winning teams the past 2 games and haven't won). But at the end of the day, nobody is playing these games because they're desire is to win the Cup. We play because its fun and can be challenging. IMO although its frustrating to lose, if you're happy with your team it's fine. For example, whether I win the rebuilders cup or not, I think I did a great rebuild with Buffalo. Also, you have to look at the team you started with. Nashville without Suter is tough and you made them a great team. **** the standings/voting. If you're happy with what you did that's really all that matters.

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC
VOTE :habs FOR THE REBUILDERS CUP

FORWARDS
Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Max Pacioretty (A) ($1.625m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Zach Kassian ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Brian Gionta (C) ($5.000m)
Branden MacMillan ($0.875m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Petteri Nokelainen ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m) / Cody Franson ($3.250m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Roman Hamrlik (A) ($3.500m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Matt Donovan ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Cedrick Desjardins ($0.600m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
2013-2014 SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,952,143;
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $14,247,857

Here's a look at our future roster, say 2-3 years from now. At this point, this is the important part.

Kassian - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Rattie
Hudon - Anisimov - Gallagher
Danault - Bournival - Ashton

Brodin - Beaulieu
Donovan - Franson
Musil - Thrower

Price
Allen

Buffalo had a great rebuild, no questions. But we believe our superstars are just better. You've got top tier talent in Galchenyuk, Yakupov, Duchene and Price. We also rely on more "established" prospect if i might say, guys that are a little more proven and are ready to have an impact. Guys like Kassian, Pacioretty, Rattie, Anisimov, Beaulieu, Brodin, Franson, Allen, etc.

vote :habs !!!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I agree with you here.

I've also noticed a trend where the same guys keep on winning, and I personally believe that there have been better teams, but just didn't win because whoever they were going up against is more of a GM favourite or has more popularity.

For me sometimes, I don't see any point to playing these games anymore because no matter how good a team I or someone else builds, they always lose due to less popularity than the other GM.

It's been a long time since one of this guys listed above hasn't won the cup, and it's not because they always build the best teams, no. Other people often build really good teams, but they just can't get past the 1st round, no matter how good teams are.

There are people here who probably don't even look at the roster threads when voting. They look at the GMs that built the team, then they vote for their favourite GM.

For example, my :avs team which only got one vote (which was from myself). I felt that my team was good enough to at least come close to winning, but since Avs44 is more popular than me here, he got most votes.
What a joke..you were not even close for a reason. Citing popularity as the reason I beat you?? What a joke. Look at the lines.

Sedins/Burrows or Stastny/Franzen/Landeskog??
Tanguay/ROR/Jagri or Ladd/Kesler/Kessel??
Hedjuk/Eller/Jones or Higgins/Sutter/Hansen??
McGinn/Lapierre/Ebbet or Raymond/Belanger/Bertuzzi??

You have a great bottom 6. Top 6? Mine is far better sorry.

Defense?

Johnson/Hedja/Eriksson/Gorges/Bergeron/Wilson or Hamhuis/Edler/Bieksa/Bouwmeester/Stuart/Garrison. Thats not even close. You did a nice job, but your overrating your team if you think you were close to being better than me.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars

VOTE DALLAS FOR THE REBUILDER'S CUP!

Nathan MacKinnon - Mikael Granlund - Mika Zibanejad
Jakob Silfverberg - Nick Bjugstad - Tyler Toffoli
Kirill Kabanov - Calle Jarnkrok - Zack Phillips
Stefan Noesen - Radek Faksa - Alex Chiasson
Matej Stransky/Jacob de la Rose

I feel like I've got a very underrated top 6 here, and with undoubtedly 3 top 10 prospects, and 3 more in the top 50, my depth simply can't be matched. All 4 lines will be major scoring threats, and all can play pretty solid defense as well. The depth and top end talent is certainly there, and I think I can not only stack up with Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim, but take them all out going forward. Top 6 is definitely elite in terms of talent and depth, and my bottom 6 is pretty underrated, as my 3rd line has some insane offensive potential, while my 4th line is one hell of a shutdown line as well as an offensive threat. I don't think that depth can be found anywhere else.

Ryan Murray - Seth Jones
Jamie Oleksiak - Brendan Smith
Sami Vatanen - Oscar Klefbom
Simon Despres - Scott Harrington

This is undoubtedly the best defense out of any of the rebuilders. Two top 2 picks on the top pairing, two very underrated and extremely talented players on the 2nd, and insane depth all up and down the core. Top end talent is most certainly there, and no one can touch the depth of quality I have here.

Jack Campbell
Matt Hackett

Two underrated goalies, but both have the potential to be huge names going forward. Hackett's a safer pick, but Campbell has more upside. Regardless, I'm set in net for many years to come, and no other team has two legit goalie prospects, if they have one at all.

Vote Dallas for the Rebuilder's Cup! Top end talent and depth. What more could you ask for?​

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Rebuilders Cup

3rd Round

Eastern Conference

:sabres 2-3 :habs

Western Conference

:stars 5-0 :ducks

Rebuilders Cup Final

:stars vs :habs

Looking for the first 5 votes

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:nucks

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Andrew Ladd ($4.400m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Brandon Sutter ($2.067m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Jamie McGinn ($1.750m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Mark Stuart ($1.700m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Henrik Karlsson ($0.863m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,074,167; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,125,833

The Hawks have done a great job with their team, fixing most of their holes, but we feel from top to bottom we have a better roster. Our top 6 of Sedin/Sedin/Ladd/Burrows/Kesler/Kessel we feel is able to outscore any team in the league, and it should be no different here. Our 2nd line of Kessel/Kesler/Ladd is perhaps the best in the league. We also feel we have an advantage in our bottom 6, providing scoring/grit, adding a nice secondary punch to our team.

On defense, the Hawks have an incredible pairing in Keith/Seabrook, but Bieksa/Hamhuis are also one of the best shutdown pairs in the leauge, as well as providing offense, putting up over 80 points between them. Then in our bottom 4 we feel we have a large advantage with Stuart/JBO/Edler/Garrison.

Either way, it should be a great series.

VOTE :nucks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Best of luck to Montreal in the Finals. I think I'm a step ahead in terms of future, but we'll see. I'm happy no matter what happens, both teams look extremely solid.

My case is just a quick scroll up, please check it out and vote :stars !

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
A mysterious team called the :habes seems to be the under dog story of the game...

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Was a great series :habs and :ducks both. So proud of my team right now, but there were some amazingly well built teams competing. Best of luck to everyone next game (don't worry, I'm not rebuilding :laugh: ).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
congrats to the :stars, you do have a great rebuild. But I was so excited to win something for once in these games... ah well

Thanks, you too. You were one of the four teams that really worried me, all four did an amazing job. Nothing to hang your head about at all, great job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad