D habs98 GM Game v2.0-Sign Up+ Discussion Part 2

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:nhl
D habs98 GM Game v2.0
To join the game pm me your top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start:
  • Season Begins:
  • Trading Deadline:
  • Standings Voting:
  • Quarterfinal Voting:
  • Semi-final Voting:
  • Conference Final Voting
  • Cup Finals:
  • Entry Draft:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $70,200,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at all times,Punishments will be handed out to GMs over the Cap
  • Use CapGeek to find players salaries as well as NTCs and NMCs.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to donghabs98 and PriceIsGod
  • Deals involving NTCs or NMCs MUST be confirmed by 2 out of 3 commissioners PriceIsGod,Datsyuk Dangles Avs44 before being announced, or it will be vetoed. Include a reason why the player will waive to be traded.
  • Use this template
    Player name:
    NMC/NTC:
    Being Traded From:
    Being Traded To:
    Reasons why to waive:
  • Any trade, NTC or not, announced before being sent in will be vetoed.
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a trade puts a team over the cap, it will be vetoed.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trading is not allowed before all GM's have joined. Any deal announced before this will be vetoed.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeekTry to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="RFA"]
  • Each team gets 2 offersheets
  • The team that owns the player can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necissarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Vote :sabres for Rebuilders Cup!

Jaden Schwartz-Mikhail Grigorenko-Filip
Forsberg
Elias Lindholm-Sean Couturier-Teuvo Teravainen
Valeri Nichuskin-Zemgus Girgensons-Austin Watson
Nathan Gerbe-Scott Laughton-Ryan Hartman
------------------
Justin Bailey
Dwight King
Phil McRae

Hampus Lindholm-Slava Voynov
Rasmus Ristolainen-Justin Faulk
Darnell Nurse-Luke Schenn
------------------
Ian Cole
Ryan Murphy
Nikita Zadorov
Keaton Thompson
Madison Bowey
TJ Brennan
Shayne Gostisbehere

Jonathan Bernier
Zach Fucale

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
uspw_6199088.jpg

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / David Backes ($4.500m) / Evander Kane ($5.250m)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.175m)
Chris Stewart ($3.000m) / Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Matt D'Agostini ($1.650m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Vladimir Sobotka ($1.300m) / Travis Moen ($1.850m)
Patrick Kaleta ($1.250m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Alex Pietrangelo ($3.167m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($1.300m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Robyn Regehr ($4.020m)
Roman Polak ($2.750m) / Toni Lydman ($3.000m)
Kris Russell ($1.300m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m)
Brian Elliott ($1.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $71,400,356; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,599,644

I respect PriceIsGod very much since he is a good GM so I won't try and bad mouth his team. What I will talk about is what has happened on St Louis. The Cup Champs LA Kings have improved but here in St Louis we improved from last season. With strong defensive play we were able to finish in a tie for 2nd place in the West. Building on last years team which finished 2nd and made it to the 2nd rouund we knew we had to add more offense and we did that by adding Markov,Kane and Vanek. We also improved on the backend by adding Robyn Regehr and Toni Lydman. In addition to adding defense and offense to our team we also added grit by trading for Steve Ott,Matt Cooke,Travis Moen and Patrick Kaleta. We also added defensive centermen and Frank Selke winner Patrice Bergeron. We here in St Louis feel like we have what it takes to make it deep into the playoffs. We have the scoring that is needed. The goaltending which is needed. The leadership and experience which is needed and finally the Grit needed
Vote :blues

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC

VOTE :habs FOR THE REBUILDERS CUP

FORWARDS
Matt Duchene ($3.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Nail Yakupov ($3.775m)
Max Pacioretty (A) ($1.625m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Zach Kassian ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Brian Gionta (C) ($5.000m)
Branden MacMillan ($0.875m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Petteri Nokelainen ($0.575m)

DEFENSEMEN
Carl Gunnarsson ($1.325m) / Cody Franson ($3.250m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Jeff Petry ($1.750m)
Roman Hamrlik (A) ($3.500m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Matt Donovan ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Cedrick Desjardins ($0.600m)

------
2013-2014 SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,952,143;
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $14,247,857

Here's a look at our future roster, say 2-3 years from now.

Kassian - Galchenyuk - Yakupov
Pacioretty - Duchene - Rattie
Hudon - Anisimov - Gallagher
Danault - Bournival - Ashton

Brodin - Beaulieu
Donovan - Franson
Musil - Thrower

Price
Allen

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Vote :flyers

Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Michael Grabner ($3.000m) / Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) / Andrew Brunette ($0.600m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Jordan Leopold ($3.000m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,394,444; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,805,556

Vote :flyers

PaulSedin

#lydia2012
Jun 29, 2011
extremely surprised that we lost to the Panthers i really thought i had one of the best teams

anyways good luck to the Panthers in the rest of the game

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
I have around 3 votes for the rebuilders cup so far i need 2 more

:ducks

Future:

It's missing some guys like Forbort, Johns, McCabe and Edmundson on Defence and Zharkov, Gardiner and Pontus Aberg at Forward as they haven't inked deals yet. But it is also loaded with young guys who are already in the NHL

FORWARDS

Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Ryan N.-Hopkins ($3.775m) / Kyle Palmieri ($1.025m)

Taylor Hall ($3.750m) / Peter Holland ($1.295m) / Emerson Etem ($0.870m)

Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Anton Lander ($0.900m) / Devante S.-Pelly ($0.870m)

Stanislav Galiev ($0.661m) / Rickard Rakell ($0.925m) / Tom Wilson ($1.325m)

Max Friberg ($0.925m) / Tyler Pitlick ($0.900m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Cam Fowler ($1.400m) / Luca Sbisa ($2.175m)

Roman Josi ($1.000m) / Philip Larsen ($1.025m)

Brayden McNabb ($0.900m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)

GOALTENDERS

Michal Neuvirth ($1.150m)

John Gibson ($0.925m)

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
These games are crap.

The same people keep on winning. Its who runs the team and not the actual team.

I should of known better than playing again, I stopped playing for awhile and thought I would give it a second chance. Just crap. 10-1 loss vote with how deep my team is and the 1 vote again was from myself its like that every game. It goes by the GM and their popularity. The numbers can back it up. People dont even look at the teams. The votes are blow outs. Teams with 1 vote is from their own GM. I actually looked at the teams and voted accordingly.

Produce Man
Top 6 Spaling
Dong Habs
Datsyuk Dangles
theres one more I forget who it is.

Usually win the games. People then say they have good teams. I know they do make good teams, but Ive seen GMs with better teams lost and such. Like Boston last game. They were a top 3 team and voted like 6th. Teams ahead of him were GM favorites.

Then people wonder why the games seem the same and boring and want changes to them. This crap is just the same and don't find it fun like the 1st few games I played then noticed the trending GMs that win the games all the time.

Im contemplating not even playing gabby's. If I do its going to be the last one cause this is getting bad and is a waste of time.

Best of Luck to who moved on and I keep voting for the rest of this game.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
:hawks over :nucks

Of course it's the Nucks. It wouldn't be a playoffs without the CHI-VAN

Drew Stafford ($4.000m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Alexander Steen ($3.363m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($0.525m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.542m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.713m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Dmitri Kulikov ($3.300m) / Andrej Sekera ($2.750m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Brenden Dillon ($0.900m)
GOALTENDERS
Cam Ward ($6.300m)
Carter Hutton ($0.525m)

We commend the team Vancouver has built, but the Hawks are better. We filled every hole we had and more. Goalie? Cam Ward. 2C? Plekanec. We brought in crazy depth with Steen and co. Kulikov-Sekera is an incredible 2nd pairing, with Hjammer on the third... :hawks

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
These games are crap.

I should of known better than playing again, I stopped playing for awhile and thought I would give it a second chance. Just crap. 10-1 loss vote with how deep my team is and the 1 vote again was from myself its like that every game. It goes by the GM and their popularity. The numbers can back it up. People dont even look at the teams. The votes are blow outs. Teams with 1 vote is from their own GM. I actually looked at the teams and voted accordingly.

Produce Man
Top 6 Spaling
Dong Habs
Datsyuk Dangles

Usually win the games. People then say they have good teams. I know they do make good teams, but Ive seen GMs with better teams lost and such. Like Boston last game. They were a top 3 team and voted like 6th. Teams ahead of him were GM favorites.

Then people wonder why the games seem the same and boring and want changes to them. This crap is just the same and don't find it fun like the 1st few games I played then noticed the trending GMs that win the games all the time.

Im contemplating not even playing gabby's. If I do its going to be the last one cause this is getting bad and is a waste of time.

Chicago had a better team, tbh.

And maybe if you didn't offer so many ****ing awful deals and pay attention to team needs, there wouldn't be this problem.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:stars

VOTE DALLAS FOR THE REBUILDER'S CUP!

Mikael Granlund - Nathan MacKinnon - Tyler Toffoli
Jakob Silfverberg - Mika Zibanejad - Kirill Kabanov
Alex Chiasson - Calle Jarnkrok - Zack Phillips
Stefan Noesen - Radek Faksa - Nick Bjugstad
Matej Stransky/Jacob de la Rose

I feel like I've got a very underrated top 6 here, and with undoubtedly 3 top 10 prospects, and 3 more in the top 50, my depth simply can't be matched. All 4 lines will be major scoring threats, and all can play pretty solid defense as well. The depth and top end talent is certainly there, and I think I can not only stack up with Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim, but take them all out going forward.

Ryan Murray - Seth Jones
Jamie Oleksiak - Brendan Smith
Sami Vatanen - Oscar Klefbom
Simon Despres - Scott Harrington

This is undoubtedly the best defense out of any of the rebuilders. Two top 2 picks on the top pairing, two very underrated and extremely talented players on the 2nd, and insane depth all up and down the core. Top end talent is most certainly there, and no one can touch the depth of quality I have here.

Jack Campbell
Matt Hackett

Two underrated goalies, but both have the potential to be huge names going forward. Hackett's a safer pick, but Campbell has more upside. Regardless, I'm set in net for many years to come, and no other team has two legit goalie prospects, if they have one at all.

Vote Dallas for the Rebuilder's Cup! Top end talent and depth. What more could you ask for?​

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Rebuilders Cup

1st Round Results

:isles and :cbj gets a bye to the 2nd Round

Eastern Conference

:leafs 0-5 :habs
:pens 2-3 :sabres
:bolts 0-5:canes

Western Conference

:stars 5-0 :sharks
:coyotes 3-2 :edmonton
:flames 0-5 :ducks

2nd Round

Eastern Conference

15th :isles vs 9th :habs
12th :canes vs 10th :sabres

Western Conference

15th :cbj vs 12th :ducks
14th :stars vs 13th :coyotes

Looking for the first 5 votes

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Chicago had a better team, tbh.

And maybe if you didn't offer so many ****ing awful deals and pay attention to team needs, there wouldn't be this problem.

I'm sorry I can't play unrealsitic like yourself and have 40million and cap space and sign guys at 5 -10 million caps but okay their bud. You keep on trucking now!

Ace Dreamer

Apr 27, 2012
These games are crap.

Produce Man
Top 6 Spaling
Dong Habs
Datsyuk Dangles

I agree with you here.

I've also noticed a trend where the same guys keep on winning, and I personally believe that there have been better teams, but just didn't win because whoever they were going up against is more of a GM favourite or has more popularity.

For me sometimes, I don't see any point to playing these games anymore because no matter how good a team I or someone else builds, they always lose due to less popularity than the other GM.

It's been a long time since one of this guys listed above hasn't won the cup, and it's not because they always build the best teams, no. Other people often build really good teams, but they just can't get past the 1st round, no matter how good teams are.

There are people here who probably don't even look at the roster threads when voting. They look at the GMs that built the team, then they vote for their favourite GM.

For example, my :avs team which only got one vote (which was from myself). I felt that my team was good enough to at least come close to winning, but since Avs44 is more popular than me here, he got most votes.

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
Rebuilders Cup

1st Round Results

:isles and :cbj gets a bye to the 2nd Round

Eastern Conference

:leafs 0-5 :habs
:pens 2-3 :sabres
:bolts 0-5:canes

Western Conference

:stars 5-0 :sharks
:coyotes 3-2 :edmonton
:flames 0-5 :ducks

2nd Round

Eastern Conference

15th :isles vs 9th :habs
12th :canes vs 10th :sabres

Western Conference

15th :cbj vs 12th :ducks
14th :stars vs 13th :coyotes

Looking for the first 5 votes

i am honestly shocked EDM got 2 votes

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I agree with you here.

I've also noticed a trend where the same guys keep on winning, and I personally believe that there have been better teams, but just didn't win because whoever they were going up against is more of a GM favourite or has more popularity.

For me sometimes, I don't see any point to playing these games anymore because no matter how good a team I or someone else builds, they always lose due to less popularity than the other GM.

It's been a long time since one of this guys listed above hasn't won the cup, and it's not because they always build the best teams, no. Other people often build really good teams, but they just can't get past the 1st round, no matter how good teams are.

There are people here who probably don't even look at the roster threads when voting. They look at the GMs that built the team, then they vote for their favourite GM.

For example, my :avs team which only got one vote (which was from myself). I felt that my team was good enough to at least come close to winning, but since Avs44 is more popular than me here, he got most votes.

I've never won a cup, for the record, so you can take me off that list.

I don't disagree that some favoritism can happen towards the well known GMs, but to suggest that is the only thing that matters is absolutely crazy. I've gotten bumped in round 1 plenty of times.

What I will say is that well-respected veterans tend to get the top teams, and those teams always tend to win cups. The advantage is much more from there than from a reputation vote.

Avs44 had flat out, top to bottom, a better team than you. Sorry man, but it's the truth. He also started with more, which helps, but I do think his roster was stronger.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Pittsburgh's gone in the 1st round :amazed:

Thanks to all the voters, my road's been too easy. Two straight teams with no GM. Worries me.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Vote :sabres for rebuilders cup!

Jaden Schwartz-Mikhail Grigorenko-Filip
Forsberg
Elias Lindholm-Sean Couturier-Teuvo Teravainen
Valeri Nichuskin-Zemgus Girgensons-Austin Watson
Nathan Gerbe-Scott Laughton-Ryan Hartman
------------------
Justin Bailey
Dwight King
Phil McRae

Hampus Lindholm-Slava Voynov
Rasmus Ristolainen-Justin Faulk
Darnell Nurse-Luke Schenn
------------------
Ian Cole
Ryan Murphy
Nikita Zadorov
Keaton Thompson
Madison Bowey
TJ Brennan
Shayne Gostisbehere

Jonathan Bernier
Zach Fucale

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
These games are crap.

Produce Man
Top 6 Spaling
Dong Habs
Datsyuk Dangles

Datsyuk dangles has won one cup , last games. so your popularity **** is wrong there , second off Produce is a gm wizard , he doesnt win because he is "popular" he is a hell of a GM and can make crazy great deals. Dong always makes a good team he makes good deals aswell. Top 6 usually picks Top teams , and i dont remember where he won a cup. Don't whine your ass off because you lost to a better team. I usually make pretty nice teams but always lose because there a better team , and if you think this is a popularity vote , i would win ever game :sarcasm: , but seriously your team wasnt amazing... so dont whine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad