D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Looks like the experts (whose jobs depend on being correct in assessing talent) disagree with you.
Be interesting to see where Keane ends up being drafted.
You'll either look like an absolute genius or the worst judge of talent on these boards

Haha I love how dramatic people are.

So I'm here, I was invited down here (not a big deal)...so in 7 years, when this is largely settled, I don't think I will even be on this board any longer haha

But when making my rounds today, I did find (predictable) resistance to my idea from a lot of people. There are a few that I got to admit that they have hockey sense concerns with Bouchard and his interviews were "not crowd pleasing"...I am having trouble drubbing interest for Joey Keane, I told the Penguins to go for him, they aren't shy about passed over players. They took a report I wrote up.

Awkwardly, I ended up meeting Bouchard too...luckily, he'll never know who I am...he'd beat the hell out of me...

I talked to one analytics guy here (real analytics, not corsi stuff) and they graded out Bouchard as their #1 guy in the whole shebang-a-bang...and I know these guys a little bit, they're good...

Not looking great for ol Mikey here...oh well...I stand by it and I think I'm gonna be all right regardless...

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
This guy looks older than Mark Stone. Sure he's 18?
You may have seen him in movies before he switched over to hockey.

instyle-july-mos-jon-hamm-3.jpg

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Evan Bouchard: Excellent pick @ 10th for the Edmonton Oilers!
Seen him play over 150 games as a London Knight.
Did anyone predict at the beginning of last season he'd be that good?
Absolutely not!!
Quality talent who's a leader with his high end training and nutrition.
Look for him to be on the Oiler roster in 2019-20 as a 19 year old.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Absolutely not!!
Quality person who takes his training and diet very seriously.
How does the London team look for next year? Do you think Bouchard potentially gets traded during the year?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Absolutely not!!
Quality talent who's a leader with his high end training and nutrition.
He'd be 20. He's older than a lot of guys in this draft. If he wants to make the NHL as a 19 year old, thats basically this year.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
How does the London team look for next year? Do you think Bouchard potentially gets traded during the year?

The London Knights will have 6 players drafted from the NHL Draft 2018.
Evan Bouchard............10th Pick
Liam Foudy....................18th Pick
Alec Regula
Nathan Dunkley
Billy Moskal
Jordan Kooy.
They've also signed 4 quality 16 year olds including Antonio Stranges.
London has a young squad but will push for top 3 in the Western Conference.
Evan Bouchard will play all season as the Captain for the London Knights.
He will also have a good chance to play for Team Canada's U20 team this season.
Heck of a pick for the Edmonton Oilers!!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pretty great pick up for you Oilers fans. He is a high vision playmaker which is something you lack on the backend. Still probably another 2 years out. He'll go back for another season with London and then likely join your AHL squad the next year. The Beauty of getting an October Bday.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
WOW, so excited to have the kid and really didn't think we could get him. He is literally a perfect fit considering our needs on the back end and he could possibly step in next year. If not, expect him to go supernova in the O and play in Edmonton in 2019. Great pick, now let's see what he can do.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
unless they turn into a dumpster fire which i highly doubt they will. They are one or two players from making another run at the mem cup if Tkachuk and Boqvist show up they will be a top team

Reactions: zman77

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Haha I love how dramatic people are.

So I'm here, I was invited down here (not a big deal)...so in 7 years, when this is largely settled, I don't think I will even be on this board any longer haha

But when making my rounds today, I did find (predictable) resistance to my idea from a lot of people. There are a few that I got to admit that they have hockey sense concerns with Bouchard and his interviews were "not crowd pleasing"...I am having trouble drubbing interest for Joey Keane, I told the Penguins to go for him, they aren't shy about passed over players. They took a report I wrote up.

Awkwardly, I ended up meeting Bouchard too...luckily, he'll never know who I am...he'd beat the hell out of me...

I talked to one analytics guy here (real analytics, not corsi stuff) and they graded out Bouchard as their #1 guy in the whole shebang-a-bang...and I know these guys a little bit, they're good...

Not looking great for ol Mikey here...oh well...I stand by it and I think I'm gonna be all right regardless...

You need to have critics in order to be able to say ''I told you so.'' I, for one, really appreciated the content you put out this year and hope to see more of it.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I agree. Even if Dobson becomes a better player I don’t care. Bouchard is the perfect fit.

It's just a difference of styles of both players for me. They are different stylistically. I don't think either team Edmonton or the NY Isles are going to be unhappy here. Bouchard will benefit from playing with Draisaitl and McDavid and vice versa. I can see him being a bit like Brent Burns in SJ.

Both Dobson and Bouchard fans will not be disappointed. But I do understand the comparison being they were separated by a pick.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's just a difference of styles of both players for me. They are different stylistically. I don't think either team Edmonton or the NY Isles are going to be unhappy here. Bouchard will benefit from playing with Draisaitl and McDavid and vice versa. I can see him being a bit like Brent Burns in SJ.

Both Dobson and Bouchard fans will not be disappointed. But I do understand the comparison being they were separated by a pick.

I agree.

Edmonton had no one like Bouchard in their system, they needed his skillset and is a better fit with what they have on their blueline. The Isles have Pulock in that offensive RD role, Dobson and his skillset was the better fit for them as they didn't have anyone like that.

Both were steals at their respective spots. I don't think there is enough butt hurt on both sides to do battle, we've done that enough over the last couple of years. :)

Congrats Oiler fans, you should be thrilled.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Any chance he start with the Oilers this year? I mean he doesn't need to go back to the OHL to develop his game I would assume. He's already there.

The only reason he would be back with London would be to get another year of physical development. Get bigger and NHL ready.

Also Larsson is his best competition on the right side. So he would either play 1st pair or 2nd.

Good odds for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad