D-Day - Canucks waive Baertschi, Biega, Goldobin

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
IR = Roussel Fantenberg
Waived = Schaller Goldobin
assigned = Brisebois

I would waive Eriksson and keep Goldy for now.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Miller
Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen
Leivo - Beagle - Sutter
Extra: Motte

Waived: Schaller, Eriksson

Is what I would do.

Where's Goldy haha

LukeN10

Jul 19, 2019
Beartschi - Gaudette - Sutter
Leivo - Beagle - Schaller
Virtanen - Eriksson

D and goalies are set won't bother. Goldy waived, showed very little in camp buh bye. Motte waived just cuz somebody else has to go. Eriksson and Virtanen were the least noticeably in camp for me and generally seem on the shortest leash so they sit. Gaudette stays as I think they are simply a better team with him than without.

Reactions: Canucko

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
easiest is to waive schaller or retain on him for a 7th and waive goldobin or try to trade.

then depending on ir. you just have to paper briesbois.

then theres gaudette, you either put him in the ahl with top mins everyday or you paper him and have him fight for 3rd line mins with the other 7 or so players

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Beartschi - Gaudette - Sutter
Leivo - Beagle - Schaller
Virtanen - Eriksson

D and goalies are set won't bother. Goldy waived, showed very little in camp buh bye. Motte waived just cuz somebody else has to go. Eriksson and Virtanen were the least noticeably in camp for me and generally seem on the shortest leash so they sit. Gaudette stays as I think they are simply a better team with him than without.

Basically this for me, but i’d waive Eriksson and place Motte on the 4th line.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Gaudette will make the team. He played well and put up lots of points....it would look so bad if we sent him down
Baertschi's past chemistey with Horvat and preseason chemistry with Gaudette will keep him on the roster.
Goldy and Schaller is good as gone.
Baer makes Goldy redundant

Last edited:

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Gaudette will NOT be waived. He played well and put up lots of points....it would look so bad if we waived him
Baertschi's past chemistey with Horvat and preseason chemistry with Gaudette will keep him on the roster.
Goldy and Schaller is good as gone.
Baer makes Goldy redundant

He won't be waived...Gaudette doesn't require waivers which is why it's tempting for management to send him down to start the season since we have a million other forwards that need waivers.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He won't be waived...Gaudette doesn't require waivers which is why it's tempting for management to send him down to start the season since we have a million other forwards that need waivers.
sorry, i meant to say he wont be sent down.
Business decision or not... he deserves to be here

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Not sure but think its better to put Virtanen with Gaudette rather that baertschi play on both the 2nd and 3rd lines. Just being a jerk, I assume you meant Pearson on one of the lines.

thanks, and yeah that's me subconsciously arguing with my prediction. pearson would be on the third if my call but i think they put him on the second.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Don't think Green trust Gaudette as a third line center.

I like the idea of playing him with Sutter on the 3rd line. Let’s face it, there is no way to trade Sutter, and he can provide cover for Gaudette on the line.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not having the Baertschi-Gaudette 3rd line be a thing within the first ten games in favor of a Sutter line is a realllyyy risky decision when your jobs are on the line and the team is a fringe playoff team at best.

Every point matters.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Ferland
Pettersson
Boeser
Pearson
Horvat
Miller
Baertschi
Gaudette
Virtanen
Motte
Beagle
Goldobin
Leivo
Sutter

The defence is uncomplicated.

I know Antoine R. is injured and doesn’t count for now. I kept 14 forwards. I guess I say bye to Eriksson. Anyone else I’m not thinking of who should be on the team?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Ferland
Pettersson
Boeser
Pearson
Horvat
Miller
Baertschi
Gaudette
Virtanen
Motte
Beagle
Goldobin
Leivo
Sutter

The defence is uncomplicated.

I know Antoine R. is injured and doesn’t count for now. I kept 14 forwards. I guess I say bye to Eriksson. Anyone else I’m not thinking of who should be on the team?

Schaller.
You also kept 14 forwards meaning you only get 7 D-men. The canucks currently have 9. Briesbois I assume you sent down.

Maybe you assume Fantenberg will still be out, so that takes care of the D. Just saying you didn't say.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Not having the Baertschi-Gaudette 3rd line be a thing within the first ten games in favor of a Sutter line is a realllyyy risky decision when your jobs are on the line and the team is a fringe playoff team at best.

Every point matters.
My opinion..but I would prefer Sutter on a line with Baertschi/Gaudette..Even though Gaudette/Baertschi had a few cool moments in the pre-season..In the regular season I could see that duo conceding goals on a regular basis (and you're talking about risk)..It doesn't hurt to have a player experienced in playing a shutdown role on that line.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
IR = Roussel Fantenberg
Waived = Schaller Goldobin
assigned = Brisebois

I would waive Eriksson and keep Goldy for now.
Just about every radio head; beat writer and Canuck blogger has consigned Goldobin to the AHL, the KHL or even the hockey gulag. The sad fact is that after Boeser and maybe J.T. Miller, he might be the most talented winger the Canucks have.

That still might not save him tomorrow.....but there's a few players including Eriksson, Schaller and Virtanen who should be gonged before Goldy.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
It will be criminal if Gaudette does not make the team. He should be the third line center.

I can't believe Tanev's gonna be in the second pairing over Stecher. Not only is Troy a better player but we all know Tanev is getting injured at some point. If they hide him on the third line maybe he'll survive a little longer than normal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Just about every radio head; beat writer and Canuck blogger has consigned Goldobin to the AHL, the KHL or even the hockey gulag. The sad fact is that after Boeser and maybe J.T. Miller, he might be the most talented winger the Canucks have.

That still might not save him tomorrow.....but there's a few players including Eriksson, Schaller and Virtanen who should be gonged before Goldy.

Goldoblin cant score, does not have the tenacity to to retrieve the puck,..useless without the puck..and you feel he deserves a spot in the top 6 ..?

How many NHL coaches are going to give him that..?

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
What a dire situation. Schaller, Eriksson, Sutter, Pearson, Beagle and Motte should all be waived, but there is somehow no youth to take their places. Ugh.
Their 19-20 salaries total exactly 20 M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad