D Corson Ceulemans - Brooks Bandits, AJHL (2021, 25th, CBJ)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think this guy is going to be the next high pick out of the AJHL. It'll be hard to be picked as high as Makar, but I don't see why he couldn't challenge Bernard-Docker's draft position. And maybe he can challenge Makar's draft position. How would anyone know for sure at this point?

Elite offensive skill. Looked a little all over the place defensively, but he has good size and was capable at times defensively, so it looks more a matter of reigning in his puck game. Skating looks adequate, but I'm not sure its much better.

Reactions: Dodospice

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I think this guy is going to be the next high pick out of the AJHL. It'll be hard to be picked as high as Makar, but I don't see why he couldn't challenge Bernard-Docker's draft position. And maybe he can challenge Makar's draft position. How would anyone know for sure at this point?

Elite offensive skill. Looked a little all over the place defensively, but he has good size and was capable at times defensively, so it looks more a matter of reigning in his puck game. Skating looks adequate, but I'm not sure its much better.

Well, get a good idea by watching, lol.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
A bit of a deep analysis at Ceulemans' game here as well:

MALLORY'S PLAYBOOK: Breaking down Ceulemans' game - FCHockey
Ceulemans, who has committed to the University of Wisconsin for the 2021-22 season, has been a fascinating player to watch. He boasts a large and rangy frame at six-foot-two, 192 pounds and possesses a high-end offensive skillset. His four-way skating is agile and crisp – which when combined with his hard, accurate passing (87% pass completion rate in the last nine games of his DY-1) – allows him to thrive in transition.

JoshTessler

Jun 18, 2020
Sam McGilligan from my team at Smaht Scouting wrote this report on Corson. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to hit up Sam on Twitter.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What a draft for defenseman this year will be. Ceulemans is right in that tier with Hughes/Edvinsson/Lambos, just slightly behind Clarke and Power IMO. All have very real top-pairing potential.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
What a draft for defenseman this year will be. Ceulemans is right in that tier with Hughes/Edvinsson/Lambos, just slightly behind Clarke and Power IMO. All have very real top-pairing potential.

He and Zellweger both have something that Clarke doesnt . Ability to possess/transport the puck with elite skating and thats been clearly apparent so far this tournament. Clarke likley one of most polarazing players in the first round. SOme teams will see him as top 10 -just on the world class IQ - and others will be spooked by significant skating deficiencies and see him as 10- 20 range prospect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I don’t think he’s a better prospect than Clarke but he could get picked ahead of some defenders who have been ranked ahead of him by most all year. Toolsy, athletic, aggressive modern defender. Would not be shocking to see him called in the first half of the first round - I think he’s a guy who could probably use a couple years in college since it sounds like in the AJHL he’s been a bit inconsistent - but if a team is patient with his development, he definitely looks to have impressive upside. There’s a lot to like in his U18 highlights.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Did anyone else think he looked unimpressive in that game against Sweden?

That was my first time seeing him, and I was trying to figure out what he does well in that game. I think he has done better since, just not a great first impression for me.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Did anyone else think he looked unimpressive in that game against Sweden?

That was my first time seeing him, and I was trying to figure out what he does well in that game. I think he has done better since, just not a great first impression for me.

It was definitely his worst game of the tournament.

His skating and puck moving is what stood out most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad