D Corson Ceulemans - Brooks Bandits, AJHL (2021, 25th, CBJ)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
What are they going to do at RD if he goes pro? Trade Peeke?

Jiricek, Boqvist, Peeke, Ceulemans, Blankenburg, Gudbranson all on the right side.
I wouldnt be sad if Cleveland has a young D group next year.
Svozil-Jiricek
whoever-Ceulemans
Im guessing Ceulemans will want more of an NHL shot if he signs but who knows. He seems like he could use some AHL time from the couple games Ive watched.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What are they going to do at RD if he goes pro? Trade Peeke?

Jiricek, Boqvist, Peeke, Ceulemans, Blankenburg, Gudbranson all on the right side.

Ceulemans needs AHL time anyways. The logjam might keep Jiricek down there longer too, which is maybe good for him long term anyways.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Everything I hear about Ceulemans is that he's going to need a lot of time in the AHL.
So be it, we're not in a rush to bring him up. As others have said, we could have 2-3 kids developing in Cleveland for the next 2+ seasons

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He signed a PTO with the Cleveland monsters and will sign his ELC after that.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I wouldnt be sad if Cleveland has a young D group next year.
Svozil-Jiricek
whoever-Ceulemans
Im guessing Ceulemans will want more of an NHL shot if he signs but who knows. He seems like he could use some AHL time from the couple games Ive watched.
Jiricek shouldn't see too much time if any in Cleveland next year as he is really close to beginning his long and productive NHL career.

congrats.

Good to see finally Sillinger in the A, needs to go there for some time
He should have been sent down a long time ago since his confidence is gone and with injuries the season in Columbus has been a write off for quite a while now..

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What’s up with this guy? Another flop out of the AJHL? More question marks about scouts operating in western Canada missing on first round picks…
He was always a project. From what Cleveland fans are saying he’s improving on his defensive side of the game.

I don’t expect much from him, but him “busting” isn’t a surprise either

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I dont know if Id throw the bust word, especially for a 20 year old defenseman. Id say give it another 2 or so years in the AHL before really making too much of a judgement. Definitely had to reel his game in to play with some form of structure, maybe once he and the staff are happy with that side of the game he can start playing more aggressively in the other end. We'll see what the next couple seasons bring.

Reactions: CBJx614

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Because Wisconsin looked like a directionless mess when I watched them so the team probably wanted him in a more stable place to develop
Ahh that's fair.

I was thinking it was another case of a team taking a player out too early because they needed that type, or they're afraid he might use the loophole, or not sign with them

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not a great sign when he isn't great defensively and has just 5 points in 28 games.

They're actually grooming him to be a more defensive D - he's not getting any offensive opportunity and we've heard some good things about his progress defensively. I'm not optimistic but that is the category that the club has him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad