Player Discussion D. Brassard (F)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Brass needs some play off hockey before he retires. I’d love to see that happen with us next season. He‘s already willing to play whatever roll needed to help the team.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Better player in the second half than the first. I was on his case at the beginning of the season, but he has shut me up.
Same. He's improved for sure. I'd like to see him back.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The best value signing, all for minimum wage, that I have seen Dorion make. When Norris went down, this guy provided some relief. Now he has 13 goals and 30 points. Another sick, but unheralded, move by Sens brass on Brass.

You looked at PIMS for points lol. He has 23 points. still good though.

• Haha
Reactions: Puikiou and armani

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
It depends on what the plan is with the team as a whole but I would welcome Brass back.

He stated he viewed his situation like the Spezza one at the end of his career. As a league minimum, 13th forward he's a great fit.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At 35 yrs old & that ugly injury last night chances are that he could be done, while I agree he has been good for the team this yr he could be done in the NHL. I expect that the 3rd line will consist of Pinto & either Formenton or Greig if Formenton doesn't return & they will need to find a two way scoring RW to round out the line. Next yr is looking better all the time.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I suspect he might call it quits; however he will heal from the fibula break and surgery.

I broke my fibula and tibula slipping on ice many years ago. It healed well but the hardware used to fix it was not removed until a year later.

Here is an x-ray of what mine looked like with the hardware installed. Mine was called a bimalleolar fracture.

Attachments

• 80419721-9C77-499C-9530-3E471CEB4A04.png
    80419721-9C77-499C-9530-3E471CEB4A04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d like to bring back Brassard on a Spezza type contract where we start him in the AHL to be cap compliant and he tells the league he will retire if claimed on waivers.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I’d like to bring back Brassard on a Spezza type contract where we start him in the AHL to be cap compliant and he tells the league he will retire if claimed on waivers.
He's been really good for the team & the young guys, but I'm not sure he will be able to return from this injury at his age, but who knows. Good guy, hopefully they keep him around like a few of the older Sens players & helps out at development camp & in a management alumni role. :thumbu:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I agree. Bring him back league minimum. Pretty much the role we expected him to play this year before we got the Norris injury.

He should be good to play 20-30 games next year and have one last kick at the can in the playoffs.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No and no
Agree, I expect he will declare his retirement, he's going to be 36 yrs old when the season starts afterall. He was good for the team this yr, but that injury looks significant enough that it could take him longer than just the summer to recover. Maybe he gets a PTO half way through the yr if Ottawa has significant injuries, but I don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad