Player Discussion D. Brassard (F)

Senovision

May 23, 2011
As with any player who gets signed after a PTO hopefully it is a 2 way contract. It should be so that if he plays well he stays up with the Sens, and if he does not he should be sent to Belleville.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Good for him and useful to have him but I don’t expect a huge production or minutes from him. Like the guy tho

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Big Game Brass! Nice to have a depth forward with some skill. Can slot on on the PP or on a scoring line if need be.

Coo throwback to the 2017 run as well!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I’m happy with him as 13-14th forward as long as he doesn’t start the season over Kastelic.

Great injury replacement option.

I see it like this:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
DeBrincat-Norris-Giroux
Motte-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Watson

If one of the top 6 guys is out - Brass

If one of the bottom 6 guys is out - Gambrell.

Last edited:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Good for him. He gets to come back home for his semi-retirement. Good depth to have as the 13th F

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brassard needs 49 games to get to 1,000 games & it really is the only reason we signed him IMO. We have plenty of fire power up front & on the PP although he could add a little more to the PP, it's mostly for him to get his record & IMO Giroux helped him get that deal. He will also be another good mentor for the young guys especially the centres. Unfortunately, I think it means that Kastelic starts in Belleville for another half season or until injuries occur given he is waiver exempt. I imagine Kelly, Gambrell & Brassard share the 4th line C & LW spots until Brassard gets the record. Once he achieves that record than IMO they will have the remainder of the season to dress the best players who will help them get into the playoffs & compete in the playoffs. Signing Brassard doesn't hurt the team, but should help mentor the young guys with the ups & downs of a season & what is required to push for a playoff spot.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's a good PR move for the Sens, it will be talked about most of the season while Brassard tries to achieve a 1,000 games played in the NHL. He's only 49 games away from that & if he plays a good portion of the first half should achieve fairly quickly. Unfortunately, it probably means Kastelic goes back to Belleville for a while until an injury occurs & he gets called up.

Reactions: NB613

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Happy with this, can play spot duty on PP2 as well. Get rid of Gambrell and play Kastelic and I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Brassard needs 49 games to get to 1,000 games & it really is the only reason we signed him IMO. We have plenty of fire power up front & on the PP although he could add a little more to the PP, it's mostly for him to get his record & IMO Giroux helped him get that deal. He will also be another good mentor for the young guys especially the centres. Unfortunately, I think it means that Kastelic starts in Belleville for another half season or until injuries occur given he is waiver exempt. I imagine Kelly, Gambrell & Brassard share the 4th line C & LW spots until Brassard gets the record. Once he achieves that record than IMO they will have the remainder of the season to dress the best players who will help them get into the playoffs & compete in the playoffs. Signing Brassard doesn't hurt the team, but should help mentor the young guys with the ups & downs of a season & what is required to push for a playoff spot.
I hope Brassard comes with some hustle. I doubt that the Senators signed him to get him to 1,000 games. We need better players rather than helping old players reach personal records.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I hope Brassard comes with some hustle. I doubt that the Senators signed him to get him to 1,000 games. We need better players rather than helping old players reach personal records.
Exactly. If he contributes to the winning formula and earns his minutes then fine. We all want the team to win. But teams are not for personal records.

Reactions: Cosmix

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
A thirteenth forward won't make or break the Senator's year but I predict this is a signing that won't be viewed favorably at season's end. We could have done better.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
A thirteenth forward won't make or break the Senator's year but I predict this is a signing that won't be viewed favorably at season's end. We could have done better.

We really coudn't have at that price. He brings not only solid play(low offense but 13th forwards dont need to score) and he's a great presence for the kids in the dressing room. Literally no downside to this.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He was great on the 2nd PP with Giroux Debrincat Pinto and Sanderson. I hope he continue to do so.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think you may be right.

We really coudn't have at that price. He brings not only solid play(low offense but 13th forwards dont need to score) and he's a great presence for the kids in the dressing room. Literally no downside to this.
Brassard and Gambrell money could be better spent on someone like Formenton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad