Value of: (D) BRADEN SCHNEIDER (NYR)

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He’s the type of player you need on defense and teams look for. I think he has more value than people think, but will also demand a larger contract soon then people think as well (I’m sure you can bridge him for cheap)

Reactions: RangersFan1994

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
NYR should hang on to him and be patient. After that draft, it was mentioned that the Avs were trying to trade up for him. Instead, they drafted Barron.

It's definitely better to keep him than Hoglander or Arizonas "treasure trove" of 2nds and most everything else that has been mentioned in this thread.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Victor Soderstrom, Washington’s ‘24 2nd, Rangers ‘25 2nd and Rangers ‘26 2nd.
2 years ago I would have looked at this differently. I'm not sure when Soderstrom will make the full time jump to the NHL. Rangers need a legit replacement unless they find an option elsewhere. We don't really have somebody who can jump into the line-up and take those minutes. So if Soderstrom isn't that guy, yet, it's just not possible to trade Schneider. We can do a lot with those second rounds. Those are great deadline assets for a team in potential playoff hunt through those years, but it's too hard to replace Schneider right now.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Minten + Liljegren for Schneider give the Rangers a replacement RD plus a strong two way center prospect with size.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Sorry, they are not for sale.

I didn’t think they were. Similarly neither is Schneider. I think that’s sort of the point - someone inquired about him and the reality is he’s only moved in a pure hockey trade that addresses a need. I used your guys as an example of that type of trade, but just like I’m not sure why we’d be moving Schneider, I don’t know why you’d be moving either of those guys.

Really pulling for the Sens to put it together next season, btw. Like your team a lot.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
If you're asking if he's shown progression to be a #1 pair - no, but he hasn't been deployed that way. And he's not able to really babysit his partner, yet. He needs to be paired with an actual NHL player.
I think he's actually been the Rangers' best RHD for about 6 weeks now.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
On pace for a whopping 9 assists and is shooting 23.2%.
Selectively only posting bad stats is hilarious. Hoglander has a good chance at hitting 25-30 goals this year without any power play time and spending the first half of the season on the 4th line while on a great contract. Would not be surprised if he had more value league-wide than Schneider currently does.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Selectively only posting bad stats is hilarious. Hoglander has a good chance at hitting 25-30 goals this year without any power play time and spending the first half of the season on the 4th line while on a great contract. Would not be surprised if he had more value league-wide than Schneider currently does.
Sounds great. If he has more value than Schneider keep him. I'm sure he'll continue shooting 23.2% going forward.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Sounds great. If he has more value than Schneider keep him. I'm sure he'll continue shooting 23.2% going forward.
You realize it was a fictional trade proposal. I threw it out there to see what Rangers fans thought as on the surface, the two players appear to have similar value given their ages and production so far.

I am happy if the Canucks keep Hoglander. We are the best team in the league right now :)

GG

• Haha
Reactions: rangersfansince08

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers need the player at the position. Unless some team wants to massively overpay for him it would be dumb for us to move him. It does seem some Rangers fans are panicked over Chytil but creating a hole on defense to try to fill a 3C hole is not something I would be interested in. Rangers do have potential centers in the pipeline like McConnell-Barker or lower down Edstrom, Rempe. We don't have any D depth.

As far as Schneider's next contract I imagine they'll bridge him. We don't need to lock up long term what is essentially a very young bottom 6 defender. As well his offensive game hasn't really popped so I see him getting a decent raise but to me $2 mil per is pushing it. If he gets more than that it won't be by much and he might even get a little bit less. Even so Rangers will still have rights after his second contract so he's a controlled player. There is no reason for us to feel panicked about him or his next contract or so.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Go to the box. Two minutes. Feel shame.
I just remember "the rangers schooled Fitz by taking the guy he was going to pick! They forced him to panic and choose some funny named Russian guy!" narrative.

"We want Kakko" and now this.

You could say that its premature to put Muk above Schneider but I feel good enough to cash in my chips now.

I'll go to the penalty box now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe there is something to be done between NYR/TOR ?

Liljegren for Schneider ?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I just remember "the rangers schooled Fitz by taking the guy he was going to pick! They forced him to panic and choose some funny named Russian guy!" narrative.

"We want Kakko" and now this.

You could say that its premature to put Muk above Schneider but I feel good enough to cash in my chips now.

I'll go to the penalty box now.
Oh. Outside of the last sentence, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecemleafs and Xirik

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Rangers are at times. Not many players go crash the net and play aggressive with an edge especially on defense.

You have one of the best in Trouba.

Analytically, Liljegen is better than Schneider defensively but it's a trade off in grit, I agree.

I'd say just fine a real tough SOB for 3rd pairing LD next year. I think this transaction around Liljegren and Schneider is likely an off-season thing but if you got someone good defensively and tough like Seeler?

Lingren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Seeler-Liljegren

Net improvement but will have to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
You have one of the best in Trouba.

Analytically, Liljegen is better than Schneider defensively but it's a trade off in grit, I agree.

I'd say just fine a real tough SOB for 3rd pairing LD next year. I think this transaction around Liljegren and Schneider is likely an off-season thing but if you got someone good defensively and tough like Seeler?

Lingren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Seeler-Liljegren

Net improvement but will have to see how the rest of the year unfolds.

Rangers rather keep Schneider.. id trade Miller before Schneider

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2