Value of: (D) BRADEN SCHNEIDER (NYR)

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
he is finishing his last year of entry contract. is coming up on restricted free agency out of his entry-level deal,
He is currently on the 3rd defense pair.

With a record of 3 goals and 10 assists in 53 games.

Will a team try to acquire it within 1 month to obtain these long-term services?

• Haha
Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
he is finishing his last year of entry contract. is coming up on restricted free agency out of his entry-level deal,

Will a team try to acquire it within 1 month to obtain these long-term services?
Rangers defensive prospect pipeline is empty. No way he is moved.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
From a Jets perspective what would you be looking at? To me, prospect wise McG is off the table, most every prospect else should be good to go if Schneider became available

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Ducks have an over abundance of LHD and could use RHD

Reactions: Chainshot

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Ranger fans.. what's the estimated salary on his next contract? As a leaf fan, I wanted our moronic gm to pick Schneider over our pick. RIP rodion amirov

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ranger fans.. what's the estimated salary on his next contract? As a leaf fan, I wanted our moronic gm to pick Schneider over our pick. RIP rodion amirov
Probably something in the 2 - 2.5 mil range would be my guess. He doesn't have the numbers for more than that.

It's all moot, though, because he's not available unless it's for a better player at the same position.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Schneider is a pretty promising, very young Dman. He’s behind Fox and Trouba, and unless Trouba waives it will remain that way. I personally believe his value is fairly high. I would move him for a similarly aged player at a different position who addressed a stylistic need for us, such as a Greig. Otherwise I would likely just hold on to him unless we were packaging him alongside Kakko, etc. to make a very large splash.

Reactions: biturbo19

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I get why Schneider’s value would be high to NYR, he’s young, cheap, has size, and plays a premium position. But is he actually any good as an NHLer right now? Has he shown real progression this season? Genuine question to Rangers fans.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

appreciate the ask but he is not available

we like him
he plays well
we are super thin on RD

and, after this season Trouba nmc->ntc and for recovering most of his cap, he gets moved

so no x at least 4

Schneider is a pretty promising, very young Dman. He’s behind Fox and Trouba, and unless Trouba waives it will remain that way. I personally believe his value is fairly high. I would move him for a similarly aged player at a different position who addressed a stylistic need for us, such as a Greig. Otherwise I would likely just hold on to him unless we were packaging him alongside Kakko, etc. to make a very large splash.
All of the above, just reminding Trouba waive only applies as to now

I get why Schneider’s value would be high to NYR, he’s young, cheap, has size, and plays a premium position. But is he actually any good as an NHLer right now? Has he shown real progression this season? Genuine question to Rangers fans.
IMO he has shown continued progression

not flawless and multiple inconsistent 3LD partners do not help
but he is not part of the prob

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009

He is a player I wouldn’t look to move. He is physical, big and can skate. I can easily see him anywhere from 2-4 defenseman once he is in his prime.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Trouba is closer to leaving than staying, and the Rangers really don't have any D prospects other than Fortescue who is 2-3 more years away and Larsson who is a longterm project.

Schneider isn't going anywhere unless it's for like a Makar.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Trouba is closer to leaving than staying, and the Rangers really don't have any D prospects other than Fortescue who is 2-3 more years away and Larsson who is a longterm project.

Schneider isn't going anywhere unless it's for like a Makar.
Is he? I see Drury signing Trouba another 2-3 years after his contract is up and for a much more friendly number. Don't see any room for growth with Schneider on this team and they now need a Chytil replacement. Schneider is a good trade candidate to fix that.

Reactions: LokiDog

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Is he? I see Drury signing Trouba another 2-3 years after his contract is up and for a much more friendly number. Don't see any room for growth with Schneider on this team and they now need a Chytil replacement. Schneider is a good trade candidate to fix that.
Would be a tough move to unload a really good young dman though

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Schneider for Greig or Pinto is a move that makes some sense for both teams. Hurts for both teams but addresses needs for both teams.

Reactions: biturbo19

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
he's basically sucked up until this year, why would the Rangers trade him now that he is finally playing well?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad