Olympics: Czechs vs Swiss Part 2!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For giggles.. Hrubec was .902 at last Worlds and 24th amongst goalies. He was our undeniable starter. I don't know.

We almost doubled the Swiss in shots 33-18 but they got 2 on PP and we only got 1 (in garbage time as it was 4-1)

Pesan said he's quit if we didn't make Quarters.

Welcome to the NT Varada.. fire some guys and make it yours.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
For giggles.. Hrubec was .902 at last Worlds and 24th amongst goalies. He was our undeniable starter. I don't know.

We almost doubled the Swiss in shots 33-18 but they got 2 on PP and we only got 1 (in garbage time as it was 4-1)

Pesan said he's quit if we didn't make Quarters.

Welcome to the NT Varada.. fire some guys and make it yours.

Any other good coach candidates for Czech on the horizon? Anyone you would hope for?

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
There are some things that are always guaranteed in international play:

- Canada and Russia are always favorites
- Finland always medals
- Latvia always brings passionate fans
- Czechia always suicides itself with penalties

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
There are some things that are always guaranteed in international play:

- Canada and Russia are always favorites
- Finland always medals
- Latvia always brings passionate fans
- Czechia always suicides itself with penalties

Canada will be an easy win for Sweden in my opinion.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Varada + Patera maybe? I mean Varada is logical choice but Trinec will probably go far in playoffs this year and he won't be available full time right now.

Reactions: Czechboy

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
They have four medals in 10 years in the worlds + olympics.
WC: 2014 (silver), 2016 (silver), 2019 (gold), 2021 (silver)
OG: 2014 (bronze)

Five medals. So fake news or can't count.

Reactions: Snowsii

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
He should have said that Canada, Russia or Sweden are medal guarantees if actually looking at past hockey medals.
The expression used was actually "international play". That covers U20 and U18 as well.

Yenn 22

Dec 31, 2019
brutal, got totally outplayed.. Hope for a new coach for WHC 2022 already, but to be honest I'm not sure it will solve anything, because our issues are on the ice. Offense was average with lack of final step for scoring, but defence was brutal, lot of individual mistakes, not enough support for goaile and offence. Goaile is difficult to judge behind that defence, but it could have been better for sure

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Finland have 4 WJC medals in the last 15 years. I can’t remember u18 results in my head and I believe few people care.
Can't help noticing how conveniently you pick your cutoff points. Why use "10" with men but "15" with juniors? Could it be because it gives Sweden a more respectable looking medal table? 1-5-2 in 15 but 1-3-1 in 10. (Finland's 3-0-1 with both metrics.)

And I'm guessing the reason "few people" care about U18 is because Finland is 2-2-1 in the last 10 while Sweden is 0-1-2? :laugh: (0-1-3 when using 15, 2-2-3 for Finland.)

Have to say, rarely does one run into an imp with more disingenuous arguments.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Picking the last 15 as a cutoff point for mens tournaments too would make Sweden look even better in comparison by the way.
But the obvious reason you didn't do so in the first place was because it conveniently allowed you to not count Finland's second-most recent gold. But it's alright, I get that, what was Sweden's largest rout in a major tournament final again?

And no matter which way you bend it, you're still as transparent as prism glass on a sunny day. Men: "I'll say 10... allows me to not count one of Finland's golds." U20: "10... damn, makes Sweden look bad, better extend it to 15." U18: "10...15...20... No way to make Sweden look good... so I'll just say 'who cares'."

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Finland are generally the fifth most likely medal candidate in international hockey recently and 6th historically.
Kindly list the four teams which are more likely to medal "recently" in international hockey than Finland and then state the exact time period you are talking about as well as what does "international hockey" include as you keep changing your definitions to whatever is most convenient.

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
Frankly, from the CZ perspective, Finland is the best example of how to work with young players in Europe right now. Sweden is still great but momentum is in my view on the side of Finland and I do expect them to get some medals on the international scene in the next few years. BTW congrats Swiss team and good luck in the next game.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Very nice game from the swiss side and finally the first win. But i have to give probs to the czechs they played well. I think the swiss are kind of a mismatch for the czechs a bit since we have a lot of fast forwards who are good skaters and the czechs have many tall not so mobile defenders.

member 305909

I can imagine there will be some heads rolling in the Czech hockey federation. The Czechs have been in a decline recently but this performance at the olympics is just unacceptable for a traditional hockey-power like the Czech Republic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad