Olympics: Czechs vs Swiss Part 2!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Swiss are doing it perfect.. they seem engaged, coaches are coaching and goalie is playing well. Drew 2 penalties, scored on one and prevented ours (PP1 had great chances and pressure, put on PP2 and they were awful and lost the zone).

I'd say it's time to shorten the bench and go for it.. but I think Pesan would play Sobotka and Jerabek more and sit Smejkal/Zohorna's/Klok.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I was expecting a Czech medal with this roster. I’m not watching the game, but what’s the issue? Goaltending? Coaching?

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
I was expecting a Czech medal with this roster. I’m not watching the game, but what’s the issue? Goaltending? Coaching?
In this match, mostly same problem as last time they played against Switzerland: not burying the puck in. A lot of good chances that ended up either too wide or against Genoni's pads. The match is very even, the difference is that swiss PP just clicked perfectly today and swiss players managed to stay more out of the box.

Reactions: AB13 and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hrubec hasn't been good all tourney really. I can think of at least 6 goals that could've been stopped. Pesan is not getting enough out of his roster. Sedlak and Hyka are eliminating Krejci unfortunately (I like both guys). Deployment is stilly... Jerabek gets way too much time for no reason. Pesan picked too many slow and old guys and now we are playing a hard skating team.

Most noticeable line is 4th line who skateas and skates and creates things. Other 3 lines are waiting for pick and to setup but Swiss don't let that happen as they are aggressive and fast.

Put another way.. fast skating team outplaying older team.

Reactions: Goodman68

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Hrubec hasn't been good all tourney really. I can think of at least 6 goals that could've been stopped. Pesan is not getting enough out of his roster. Sedlak and Hyka are eliminating Krejci unfortunately (I like both guys). Deployment is stilly... Jerabek gets way too much time for no reason. Pesan picked too many slow and old guys and now we are playing a hard skating team.

Most noticeable line is 4th line who skateas and skates and creates things. Other 3 lines are waiting for pick and to setup but Swiss don't let that happen as they are aggressive and fast.

Spacek still getting no ice time despite being one of your best players like at the worlds? I remember being surprised at him playing so little despite creating every shift. So I’m not surprised if the coach is a moron.

mosare

Dec 19, 2013

You realize that the swiss won 2 silver medal the last 10 world championsship while the Czech didnt. Therefore what makes you so suprised that the swiss is leading?

Reactions: BruinLVGA

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You realize that the swiss won 2 silver medal the last 10 world championsship while the Czech didnt. Therefore what makes you so suprised that the swiss is leading?
I’m absolutely not surprised that Switzerland are leading. Expected the Czechs to lead probably, but I knew this would be a close game.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

Just tuned in, his wingers for the day? Or all tournament long already?

Reactions: Czechboy

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Swiss playing really well defending their lead. They are not passive and everytime the Czechs come to their zone someone's stick is on the way.

Reactions: Czechboy

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
when you get a three on one rush three times in a row you'd better score at least once. Shoot that damn puck folk.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice shot.. saveable. Hrubec with 9 goals against in the last 2 games now... most at even strength. I can think of 5 that were stoppable.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really great job from Swiss.. played their game to perfection! Even went down 1-0 and didn't panic. Took over the game rather quickly and have been controlling the game .. sure we've had some shots but Swiss are outskating out and have better tactics.

PP coming up. Should be noted we beat Russia with a lot of PP time but our 5 on 5 scoring has been non existent really. Maybe 4 goals in 4 games at evens?

When Pesan said he loved how our D played last game.. I was worried.

At some point someone will have to explain Repik, Sobotka over guys like Jaskin and Jasek.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gorgeous goal.. meaningless but gorgeaous.. Krejci keeps passing to guys but they don't finish.

I've crapped on older players but Cervenka has been good all tourney. Glad he came!

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Too little too late Czechs, decent game overall.

Swiss played smart, scored, and then tighten the D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad