Olympics: Czechs vs Swiss Part 2!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
First game was the worst game I've ever seen. Extremely boring.

Swiss goal was the result of a Hrubec error. Czech goal was the result of a Swiss error. So Czechs didn't actually score a legit goal in the game. Shootout saw 9 of 10 shots stopped.

It was 2-1 in a Shootout. I expect something similar here.

Heart says 3-1 Czechs and we score first
Brain says shootout and Swiss get their revenge as it is a very good squad that is well coached and will frustrate the hell out of us.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
As far as Czechs... Pesan has done a good job of not overthinking. At the last world's he had the team rolling nicely and then completely changed the lineup and got eliminated.

What I hope to see:

Hrubec in net (not because he's been great, he hasn't but because he's played all the games)
Same lines as last game (maybe Spacek on wing on line 2 and Sobotka as 3C)
Spacek with more minutes (limited last game because he arrived late and hadn't practiced yet, good call)
Same D pairs (againt, not cause I love them but familiarity)
Rolling the lines and consistent minutes (except Krejci if we need him, double shift him in third)
A patient game.. Swiss are waiting for a mistake. Cycle deep and keep it there and hope for a bounce
Sedlak get the monkey off his back
Even strength goal and score first
Zohorna's with Smejkal are built for this game, use them a little more

What I hope not to see:

Different goalie
Spacek in press box
Frolik and Lenc back in lineup for 'leadership'
A complete retooling of the lineup to 'adjust' to the Swiss game
Knot with 25 minutes - Pesan said D played great against Russia, 3 goals in about 5 minutes at even strength in 3rd period is a concern IMO
6 guys with less than 10 minutes like against Denmark

Reactions: Goodman68

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
:laugh:“The first game was the worst I’ve ever seen”

I’m guessing you aren’t the promoter for these games

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
For obvious reasons this one is the most interesting game for me. I really don´t know which one I want to win. Facing the czech at knock-out game sounds scary as hell, so I think I´ll root for Switzerland here. Not that they are a scary opponent too, but our history against the czech have been more depressing.....

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For obvious reasons this one is the most interesting game for me. I really don´t know which one I want to win. Facing the czech at knock-out game sounds scary as hell, so I think I´ll root for Switzerland here. Not that they are a scary opponent too, but our history against the czech have been more depressing.....
I think the Finn's got a rough draw personally. Stylistically both teams are a pain in the ass! You are favs regardless of who you face but it's a tough bracket. Hope the US get knocked out and you can get a better semi!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
:laugh:“The first game was the worst I’ve ever seen”

I’m guessing you aren’t the promoter for these games
It was awful... and I don't blame the Swiss. Both our nations played a game of 'flinch'. I'm not sure I can watch 3 more periods and 10 minute OT of these 2 teams again.lol Stylistically an awful clash.

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
I think the Finn's got a rough draw personally. Stylistically both teams are a pain in the ass! You are favs regardless of who you face but it's a tough bracket. Hope the US get knocked out and you can get a better semi!
I would pick Czech/Swiss over Canada.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'll say that CZE is the favorite. If the first meeting was close between SUI & CZE, Czech's win over ROC/RUS bumped up their favorite status for this game.

This is the toughest game of the round easily and the winner of this match will face Finland, which in my opinion will also be the toughest game of the QF round, closer match than SWE-CAN for example. I consider Sweden to be a big favorite in that game.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

The rest/skip day advantage in the QF of Finland vs CZE/SUI matters. If Finland will push the pace all game, we will start to see CZE/SUI legs getting tired in the third period latest, resulting in a dominating third round by Finland. Of course what also matters is the pace of SUI vs CZE game. As a Finn I hope for a hard exhausting battle between CZE & SUI and hopefully Switzerland makes an upset and wins, because Czech is tougher opponent for Finland.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The rest/skip day advantage in the QF of Finland vs CZE/SUI matters. If Finland will push the pace all game, we will start to see CZE/SUI legs getting tired in the third period latest, resulting in a dominating third round by Finland. Of course what also matters is the pace of SUI vs CZE game. As a Finn I hope for a hard exhausting battle between CZE & SUI and hopefully Switzerland makes an upset and wins, because Czech is tougher opponent for Finland.
From your perspective.. absolutely... 0-0, 10 minute OT and then a shootout! The more we exhaust each other the better. I would think the exact same thing!

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
uhuh lucky that the ref was a bit too quick with the whistle, that would have been a good goal. At least the match looks much more entertaining than last time. Mostly because of the Czechs though

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What an incredibly unemotional game from booth teams so far
It was like this the entire game last time. My own theory is that Swiss want to counter attack and Czechs don't want to be counter attacked against. So it is a patient game of flinch. Awful to watch

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So that non goal was similar to the Swiss goal against us last game.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Maybe they have agreed mutually on forehand not to have scrums and hits and such to get whoever wins the best preparation for the qf?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've been mentioning Klok a lot... no PP time, third pair and might be our best defender on offence. 2 even stregth goals in a row!

Classic 'Nagano' type goal from the point.

So the dream is that Swiss is open up and we counter attack them in a bit of irony. The nightmare is they score early and tie it up and we go back to the world's most boring game of 'flinch'

Same goalie as last time for Swiss?

I give Pesan credit for not messing with lines too much.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'm a Sobotka fan.. want him on team and he does have a noticeable step to his game.. just not sure about Top 6.

Swiss with a PP coming up

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
I've been mentioning Klok a lot... no PP time, third pair and might be our best defender on offence. 2 even stregth goals in a row!

Classic 'Nagano' type goal from the point.

So the dream is that Swiss is open up and we counter attack them in a bit of irony. The nightmare is they score early and tie it up and we go back to the world's most boring game of 'flinch'

Same goalie as last time for Swiss?

I give Pesan credit for not messing with lines too much.

Yeah same goalie, Genoni.

Berra played the other two matches

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
FTR.. if that disallowed goal and that penalty happened to certain nations, certain posters would be going craazy about how unfair it is and the refs are against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad